• Seahawks

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you guys think it is? I am going with the Giants. They really hate us for some reason. I hate them almost as much as the Bears. What do you guys think?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gotta go with the cowboys here. First there was the ice bowl and then there was all the games in the 90s that we lost to them.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I really hate the Giants, I can only take so much of the NY fans hyping up mediocre players year in and year out. I think everyone but NY fans could see that Steve Smith was not going to be anything special.

The first team that popped into my mind was the 49ers to tell you the truth. With all of the battles between Favre and Young in the 90s and now it seems it could be rekindled for the upcoming years.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprised Tampa hasn't gotten a couple votes.

Seattle we have some history with.

Giants and packers have some of the deepest history in the NFL together

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants from an old-time and recent perspective, having knocked us out of the playoffs twice in the past five seasons. The 49ers and Cowboys are on my second tier of non-divisional rivals. I like the renewed rivalry with San Fran now that they've got a top team. Climbing up into my third tier though is the Saints. Although there is no history, they are two similar teams in terms of elite offenses with elite quarterbacks with defenses that seesaw between best and worst. It was a great duel to kick off the 2011 season and last week's game was another shootout. I'm sure that we are a little higher on the Saint's rival list because they lost to us twice. Had we lost to them twice, I'm sure that the Saints would be peeking into my second tier of rivals.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the giants and the cowboys, but Seattle has just joined that group. They are #1 on my list as long as that punk pete carol is still there. If i was a Giants fan i would love playing the Packers in the playoffs because everytime they beat us they win the flippin Super Bowl.

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO:

(Chicago Northwest Side) MLB's "2012 Edition"

Most Important Rivalries:

1. GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. Chicago Bears (whether it's being played in Green Bay...in Chicago...or on the Moon)

2. GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. New York Giants (a temporary #1-ranking if the game is for the NFC Championship...regardless of location)

3. GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. Minnesota Vikings (a temporary #2-ranking for that particular game wherein a Packers' victory means "into the playoffs" for Green Bay and/or "no post-season this year" for the Vikings...regardless of location)

4. GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. Dallas Cowboys (a temporary #1-ranking if the game is for the NFC Championship...regardless of location)

5. GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. Detroit Lions (a temporary #2-ranking if the game is in Detroit on Thanksgiving Day)

6. GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. Indianapolis Colts (would be ranked #2 overall if team were still in the NFC and remained in Baltimore)

Comments?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Outside the division would have to be the NYG, they have delt us a death blow a couple times in the past 5 years and we have a bad taste for them. Hopefully we can stick it to them on their turf this year.

^ Colts? How often do we even play them? Once every few years? Not enough to breed any bad blood.

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ Colts? How often do we even play them? Once every few years? Not enough to breed any bad blood.

Maybe not for you and others, but -- for me -- plenty of "bad blood" still there from the late 50's and all through the 60's.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went with the Giants but the Cowboys are right on their heels. Everyone seems to have something for them.
Agreed.
They've ended our Super Bowl shot twice in the past 5 seasons. We were the favorites both years.
I now hate them like I did Dallas in 93-95 when they ended our Super Bowl shots 3 straight years.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Outside the conference, the Cowboys are the easiest to hate. Giants are close second though. Enjoyed the rivalry with the 9ers for years and it seems to be heating up. Just have pwned them for so long it's gotta be a few games before it's back up there.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
I went with the Giants but the Cowboys are right on their heels. Everyone seems to have something for them.

This^

The Packers put the G-men and the Cowboys in their place in the 60s. They both returned the favor......Cowboys in the 90's and NY just lately.

OP
OP
A

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giant fans are always calling us a bunch of whiners for Clay Matthews comments about how we beat ourselves against them last year in the playoffs. They think it was awesome we got shafted against Seattle. I think it would be just awesome if we beat them in the playoffs this year in New York.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Giant fans are always calling us a bunch of whiners for Clay Matthews comments about how we beat ourselves against them last year in the playoffs. They think it was awesome we got shafted against Seattle. I think it would be just awesome if we beat them in the playoffs this year in New York.

Haha...yeah...I've scoped out one of the Giant fan forums as well. Fact is that the Packers didn't beat themselves, the Giant's out-and-out beat Green Bay in the playoffs last year. The Pack were out-coached and out-played on nearly every level...and we, as fans (and Matthews, I might add), haven't embraced that concept too well. Thing is that the type of fan who won't recognize that is the same type of fan who would go onto another team's fan forum and be something less than a gracious winner or loser, is the type of Giant fan who would use the term crybaby. On the flip-side of that coin...that forum does indeed have Packers fans who go on and 'qualify' a defeat into something other than what it was. Just my opinion -- but, it does make for fun reading. ;) :)

Rivals outside the division. Moving target depending on who is currently pi**ing us off. Right now, it is the Giants -- or rather, the Giants fans -- and I too would love to see the Pack and Giants in the playoffs this year with a polar opposite end result of last year.

In the late 90's obviously, it was the Cowbags but frankly, they were just a more talented team during their "window". I'll never forget comment offered by the biggest blow-hole the NFL has ever seen after the Pack blew (yeah, I'm qualifying a loss) the NFC Championship game against the Cowbags. The Pack had defeated the Champion 9'ers the week before in the Divisional (which is one of the most memorable games of my lifetime) and the press did as the press does ... a full week of nothing but "The upstart Packers...." -- it was enough to make a guy puke. Still, after the game, Michael Irvin (the blow-hole referred to earlier) said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Yeah, it's midnight so Cinderella can go home" in a post game interview ... that's when I suddenly and viciously developed a serious dislike of that team. Up until that point, I was indifferent toward them because the 9'ers always seemed to clean their clocks and I've always been a secondary 9'ers fan... anyway.... right now, the Giants.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
NYG IMO as the games seem to mean more since the Giants are usually the better team

Members online

Latest posts