Who is going to the Packers vs. panthers game and

NCcheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where are you sitting? We are in section 114 row 1 , to the left of the Packers bench as you look at it from the field. I think our seats should be between the 20-30 yard line. Any other activities "us" Packer fans have going on?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
My fiancé and I are flying down on Friday. We’re in the nose bleeds I think, but any suggestions on what to do in Charolette?

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As with every game, VIP Fan Experiences has a large group (25-30) going to the game. In addition to the tailgate we will be hitting a number of breweries in the area (NoDA, Wooden Robot, Birdsong). Some of our group are attending the rally outside the Hornets arena, and a large group have reserved a VIP tour of the NASCAR Hall of Fame. This is something that is worth seeing even if not an auto racing fan. Very interactive and a lot of fun. We will be in on Saturday.

RepStar15

Reaction score
As with every game, VIP Fan Experiences has a large group (25-30) going to the game. In addition to the tailgate we will be hitting a number of breweries in the area (NoDA, Wooden Robot, Birdsong). Some of our group are attending the rally outside the Hornets arena, and a large group have reserved a VIP tour of the NASCAR Hall of Fame. This is something that is worth seeing even if not an auto racing fan. Very interactive and a lot of fun. We will be in on Saturday.
What’s the VIP package? Are there’s options still available?

twan890

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I moved down to Charlotte a couple years back from Wisconsin. In my opinion the "tailgating" here is worth missing.

I would recommend checking out some local breweries have awesome concoctions, really good restaurants to try.

I'm in section 524 Row 7

RepStar15

Reaction score
I moved down to Charlotte a couple years back from Wisconsin. In my opinion the "tailgating" here is worth missing.

I would recommend checking out some local breweries have awesome concoctions, really good restaurants to try.

I'm in section 524 Row 7
Anything in particular?

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a pep rally Saturday night at Whiskey River in the Epicenter. Mark Murphy's doing a Q&A with Wayne Larivee and there will be a couple of ex-Packers, Vonta Leach and Colin Cole, attending. The Epicenter's uptown, where there are plenty of good restaurants and night spots.

I live here and want to take my wife and kids to the game, but ticket prices have been too high on the secondary market. I'm hoping the prices come down as we get closer to game time. May wait until Saturday to pull the trigger.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What’s the VIP package? Are there’s options still available?

We are sold out for this weekend (and next) but it includes 2 nights at the hotel where the team may or may not be staying, tickets to the game, pregame tailgate and other added extras. Detroit has availability but does not have a tailgate due to setup at that venue.

Check with us before any season (I always do a post in classifieds here and we have had many many people join us) or in season (although we fill up quite quickly). We do home and away games. The only game we didn't do this year was Cleveland last weekend, as we were coming off a massive trip to Pittsburgh that included the charter of the Pittsburgh Water Limo "sailgate" cruise. Prices are available when the schedule comes out and we get our hotel contracts.

OP
OP
N

NCcheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a pep rally Saturday night at Whiskey River in the Epicenter. Mark Murphy's doing a Q&A with Wayne Larivee and there will be a couple of ex-Packers, Vonta Leach and Colin Cole, attending. The Epicenter's uptown, where there are plenty of good restaurants and night spots.

I live here and want to take my wife and kids to the game, but ticket prices have been too high on the secondary market. I'm hoping the prices come down as we get closer to game time. May wait until Saturday to pull the trigger.

We are planning to go to the pep rally. Is there ample parking in that area? I am planning to print out a couple of pictures of Vonta and Colin hoping that they will sign them for my sons. It should be a good time.

twan890

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are planning to go to the pep rally. Is there ample parking in that area? I am planning to print out a couple of pictures of Vonta and Colin hoping that they will sign them for my sons. It should be a good time.

There is ample parking, although costly in some lots.

One local tip here, if you get to the Uptown Charlotte area right around 6PM, all metered street parking in Charlotte is free. Typically I can get pretty lucky, but maybe not with a Hornet's game going on Saturday night at 7PM. Definately worth a shot.

I would park further away from the Epicenter, since many parking ramps will be "event parking" because of Hornets game right next to the Epicenter.

twan890

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything in particular?

Absolutely:

Breweries:

Wooden Robot - this is a relatively new brewery and has quickly become one of my favorites. Definately try the "Good Morning Vietnam," this is a nice light beer with a vanilla espresso taste to it. Hard to find a coffee beer that isn't a dark/porter.

They also make very very good sours.

Noda Brewery - Good place, nice outdoor space.
Birdsong - Another favorite of mine, good mix of IPA to light beers.
Sycamore Brewery - I've never been, but heard great things.
Old Mecklenburg - German style I believe

Other than breweries fun spots to check out, more restaurant/bar places:
Peculiar Rabbit - Eclectic food and good tap selection. Outdoor rooftop bar with good view of Charlotte Skyline.
Whiskey Warehouse - Average food, but good sports bar atmosphere at the rooftop. Good views of Charlotte as well, but it is heated and loaded with Tv's outside.

Restaurants in the immediate Uptown area isn't really my scene. A lot of high end steak, seafood, italian type restaurants. I like more personal foods wit less glitz. I recommend checking out restaurants in the NoDa area, lots of restaurants featured on Drive Ins, Diners, and Dives:

1. Heist Brewery - Excellent selection of in house beer and good cocktails. The food is incredible, but tapas style.
2. Cabo Fish Taco - Cool taco place if you like fish tacos. They have a good selection of fish tacos, lemon pepper tuna is amazing! They also have salmon, mahi, and a white fish.
3. Davidson Crepe Company - awesome french restaurant with great food and crepes.

Now for those of you that have stuck around to the bottom of this long post, my absolute favorite place to check out is Amelie's Bakery. The location in NoDa is by far the best, with traditional French pastries and bread and light food. Their Macarons are better than almost all the ones I tried in Paris! Chocolate croissants are a must as well! For those of you that do not want to make the drive over to NoDa, there is a second location right in Uptown by the rally. Just be known, this is the secondary location and I do not believe the bakers are as talented? Or maybe I have just been unlucky, but still better than most!

Let me know if you're looking for anything specific. Oh yeah, a lot of people down here swear by Carolina BBQ. I'm more of a KC BBQ style fan. Not one really for the pulled pork and vinegar.

twan890

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey Man,

I live down here in Charlotte too. I've had really good luck with SeatGeek App. Have you tried that? It searches all the secondary markets at once and made it super easy for me. We scooped up a few Row 7 Tickets in the Uppers for about 100 bucks less than what they're going for now a piece. Keep that App on and refresh throughout the day. There's a promo code too: "footballers" this will get you $20 off of fees for your first purchase. I also noticed their fees were cheaper than stubhub!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Man,

I live down here in Charlotte too. I've had really good luck with SeatGeek App. Have you tried that? It searches all the secondary markets at once and made it super easy for me. We scooped up a few Row 7 Tickets in the Uppers for about 100 bucks less than what they're going for now a piece. Keep that App on and refresh throughout the day. There's a promo code too: "footballers" this will get you $20 off of fees for your first purchase. I also noticed their fees were cheaper than stubhub!
I'd be remiss in my duties if I failed to point out this site is paid for by a ticket reseller. Click on <TICKETS> above

Reaction score
I’m jealous. If I was still in Virginia this is a game I’d make it to. Y’all lucky :tup:

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for tips. I checked the prices on seat geek and the site's sponsor and still found the best deal at NFL ticket exchange. Bought 4 tickets in section 535 this morning. Looks like a slight chance of rain but should be a good day for football. Can't wait to see Packer fans take over Bank America stadium again!

RepStar15

Reaction score
It’s awesome down here! Flew in yesterday afternoon and have seen and drank beers with sooooo many packers fans! Check out legion brewery and Midwood Smokehouse (within walking distance of each other). Went to both of those spots today and loved it! Legion somehow convinced us to show up at their brewery at 10am tomorrow for a free beer, no idea how they convinced us to do that ;)

OP
OP
N

NCcheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Staying at the Embassy Suites on S. Tryon and have met some other Packers staying at the same. Looking forward to Wiskey River tonight and the game tomorrow. We will be wearing our Cheeseheads and holding up our signs. Go Packers!

ChsPackerBacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heading to Charlotte from Charleston now with a couple of friends. We will be staying at the Hilton Charlotte Center City for the next two nights. Anyone trying to do anything tonight? What are everyone's plans for pregame tomorrow? We will be in section 518, hope to see some of y'all there. Go Pack Go!

RepStar15

Reaction score
Heading to Charlotte from Charleston now with a couple of friends. We will be staying at the Hilton Charlotte Center City for the next two nights. Anyone trying to do anything tonight? What are everyone's plans for pregame tomorrow? We will be in section 518, hope to see some of y'all there. Go Pack Go!
We are looking for a place to pregame as well!

Members online

Latest posts