Who is going to the Packers/Bears game in Lambeau?

NCcheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, being a Packers fan since meeting Bart Starr when I was about six years old (48 years ago) we are finally coming to Lambeau for our first Packers game. To say the least, the whole family is excited. We are coming from North Carolina and would like to meet and hang out with other Packer fans. So if you are going to the game and don't mind having the four of us stop by your tailgate, I think the kids would get a kick out of it. Thanks in advance.

S. Jens
C.H.P.D. (Ret.)
Injured in the line-of-duty

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on your trip. I won't be there this time but hope that it will be more entertaining than last year's game against the Bears at Lambeau! They have lots of official "tailgate tents" that have food, beer, and sometimes music. One of my favorite things to do if we don't tailgate on our own is to just meander through the streets and parking lots, checking out other people's tailgates and striking up random conversations. It can be a fun way to really take it the breadth of everyone's creativity.

OP
OP
N

NCcheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the official tailgate tents. We will definitely check those out. Being that I was injured in the line of duty as a police officer in 2002 and lost my career, a little more than two years before 20 year retirement, and my wife being a teacher, my one and only "bucket list" item was to bring the kids to a Packers game. It is finally happening and I hope they remember this as fondly as I remember meeting Bart Starr when I was a child.
On another note, is there a venue that I can take my boys to that will allow them to get a few autographs on their cheeseheads? I know that would be something that would make their trip memorable beyond belief! Thanks again. Oh yea, our Packers socks should be delivered in a few days.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm jealous! Enjoy you game, and be sure to dress warm. I attended the Viking game a few years ago for my birthday (the tie game) and was glad I dressed up in layers. Even though 20 degrees doesn't seem too bad, it does get to you sitting around for a few hours.
The big tent in the Lambeau parking lot is a must. Not only is it full of fans, it's also a good way to warm up.
If you go down to the 50 yard line before the game, you can sometimes get autographs from some of the players.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll second the going-into-the-stadium-early idea. You can see warm-ups and there are a lot of folks milling around the sidelines.

Also, I haven't done it myself but have heard that the full stadium tour is fantastic. At some point they let you run out onto the field. I bet that it's very popular/busy the day before a game but it's worth looking into from what I hear.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did the tour this summer. They absolutely will forbid anyone to step foot on the turf. But the tour is worth it, for sure.

OP
OP
N

NCcheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll second the going-into-the-stadium-early idea. You can see warm-ups and there are a lot of folks milling around the sidelines.

Also, I haven't done it myself but have heard that the full stadium tour is fantastic. At some point they let you run out onto the field. I bet that it's very popular/busy the day before a game but it's worth looking into from what I hear.

How early do we need to be in the stadium to be able to try to see warm ups and get a few autographs for the kids ? Our tickets are lower level row 37. Thanks.

Members online

Latest posts