Who had the better team?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have all heard about Brett and Aaron having the same record through 100 games and you see the comparisons between the 2 players stats wise.... But I want to ask you, between the 2 players who had the better team during those 100 games?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without a doubt Favre's team. How else were they so good through all those interceptions? ;)

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you think of the Aaron Rodgers packers squad, who do you think of? You think of... Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Jordy Nelson. (Yes Cobb and Lacy too, but they aren't on the same level of "names that pop into your head")

When you think of Brett Favre's squad, you think of... Brett Favre, Donald Driver, Bubba Franks, Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Gilbert Brown, Amhan Green! So many great play makers!

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you think of the Aaron Rodgers packers squad, who do you think of? You think of... Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Jordy Nelson. (Yes Cobb and Lacy too, but they aren't on the same level of "names that pop into your head")

When you think of Brett Favre's squad, you think of... Brett Favre, Donald Driver, Bubba Franks, Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Gilbert Brown, Amhan Green! So many great play makers!
Favre had a much better and more consistent defense. I would suggest that Rodgers has a better all round offense. Particularly given the OL has gelled this season.

However you look at it, Rodgers is a better QB than Favre noting all statistics and intangibles.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre had a much better and more consistent defense. I would suggest that Rodgers has a better all round offense. Particularly given the OL has gelled this season.

So easier for Brett to win in the 1st 100 games with his def?

And we heard a lot of times Brett made players around him better

One could say Rodgers might be a step above Brett on that

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree--Rodgers makes all of his players better. He has just been amazing on and off the field.

Favre made his offensive players better as well. Just think that Rodgers is more consistent.

I watch the Packers because I am a fan. With Rodgers it's like when I watched Jordan play hoops. Even if I wasn't a GB fan, I would now go out of my way to watch him play or DVR it. He is an amazing talent that strives to make every play and is pissed when doesn't.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without a doubt Favre's team. How else were they so good through all those interceptions? ;)

Absolutely. It's true. If Burt VfVreInt had some of the defenses Aaron has had he wouldn't be going into the HOF. He would never have had a long career.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To answer the first question, yes. Given the defense, Favre had a better opportunity to win his first 100.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. It's true. If Burt VfVreInt had some of the defenses Aaron has had he wouldn't be going into the HOF. He would never have had a long career.
Go have another Blatz.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason Favre didn't go down as the undisputed king of choking, is because that 96 team was so damn ridiculous, he didn't get a chance to ruin the season by throwing an idiotic pick in the playoffs.

So Favre, by a mile.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason Favre didn't go down as the undisputed king of choking, is because that 96 team was so damn ridiculous, he didn't get a chance to ruin the season by throwing an idiotic pick in the playoffs.

So Favre, by a mile.
Have another Blatz.

Packerfan0220

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So Favre, by a mile.

Still upset with him are we??? He was an amazing talent, so not sure what you were watching!

In regards who had better support, I would say Favre early on had the better talent with defense, not sure on offense though. I think Rodgers has more talent on offense. Regardless though there is no doubt Rodgers is probably the most talented qb to ever play in NFL!

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still upset with him are we??? He was an amazing talent, so not sure what you were watching!

In regards who had better support, I would say Favre early on had the better talent with defense, not sure on offense though. I think Rodgers has more talent on offense. Regardless though there is no doubt Rodgers is probably the most talented qb to ever play in NFL!

Being an amazing talent, and being an amazing choker, are not mutually exclusive.

Reaction score
Yeah. the Favre team(s) would score higher overall through the 100 games sequence, I think they were more well rounded.. Simply put those defenses equivalent on the field today.. and AR would have 2 rings already and working on #3

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually trusted Favre's coaches more in the mid-90's to make the proper adjustments and have a clearer game plan. I don't recall the blown coverages and gap assignments being blamed on miscommunication.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had a better defense early, but less offensive talent. Sterling only played a couple of years, and those years rivaled the best ever, but then it was Brooks ( only a couple of good years) Freeman (did nothing away from Favre) Schroeder, Beebe, Rison as receivers, Bennett and Levens as rb's (combined just about equal to Ryan Grant's career), Chmura (never to be faced with a HOF presentation) at TE with Keith Jackson for two seasons (one good full year).

Defensively there was a ton of talent. As the defensive talent started to dwindle, Favre had to be more of a factor. And he was until the mid 2000's. He, like Rodgers, made receivers look a lot better than they ever did elsewhere.

I think Rodgers will go down as about the best QB we have seen, but Favre was a heck of a player. 3 MVP's in the mid to late 90's. He was the player that made that team so exciting and he was why we were in 2 SB's. And remember, defenses were allowed to mug the receivers and hit the QB's then. Both players were/are great. Each accomplished greatness in their first 100 games. Now one has the chance to rewrite QB history, if not in sheer numbers, by changing the standard we use to judge them. We have been priviledged to be able to watch them both here.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Edgar Bennett and Dorsey Levens before I think Ahman Green..........Surprisingly. Am I alone in that?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Edgar Bennett and Dorsey Levens before I think Ahman Green..........Surprisingly. Am I alone in that?
I certainly don't agree. The O-Line and Ahman Green made GB's offense truly hell on opponents. The 5 yr. span from 2000-2004 Green averaged 293 carries/yr., 1,370 yds, & almost 10TD's per year. The offense was dual threat, allowing Green or Favre to kill a team. Just a shame that Sherman didn't trust his running game in 2003 or there just might be another trophy in the showcase :cry:.

Bennett and Levens were workhorses but Green had breakaway, game-breaking speed, also.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes you are.

Mike Holmgren and his assistants turned Favre from a wild mustang into a league MVP. When Sherman came to town, he let the wild stallion run around in the pasture and he lost some of his game and edge. When Ahman Green emerged as one of the best in the league, the Packers were a run-first team. In fact, teams used to throw eight or nine in the box and "dare" Favre to beat them. Here is a good recap from a great game in 2001: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=211014009 The Ravens legendary defense was fresh off of a Super Bowl victory and looking to feast on the Packers. They stopped Green for sure but Favre lit them up for 3 TDs, 337 yards, while going 27 for 34.

I loved Edgar Bennett as a RB. Levens turned out to be even better, but neither was as good as Ahman Green in his prime. Nobody could stop Batman.

Overall, it's one thing that defined the Brett Favre years was that he always had a good running back to keep the offense in balance. Rodgers has never had that until last year. Rodgers also never had a defense as good as the mid-90s teams, with the 2010 defense being the lone exception.

Favre had better teams but both QBs made average receivers look great. Sterling Sharpe was the only elite receiver that either quarterback has had, and he was only around for a few years in the very beginning of Favre's career. Both quarterbacks have made good receivers look great but very few if any of those WRs have gone on to have success anywhere but in Green Bay.

David22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have all heard about Brett and Aaron having the same record through 100 games and you see the comparisons between the 2 players stats wise.... But I want to ask you, between the 2 players who had the better team during those 100 games?

Even though I grew up on Favre and Rodgers, in my personal opinion - Rodgers has the better teams. Rodgers is by far my most favorite Packer of all time, along with Julius Peppers (who is a great addition to the Packers family), and Brett Favre was my first favorite with Robert Brooks, but I just think Rodgers and the teams he's had are better in the first 100 games between himself and Favre. Just saying.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I grew up on Favre and Rodgers, in my personal opinion - Rodgers has the better teams. Rodgers is by far my most favorite Packer of all time, along with Julius Peppers (who is a great addition to the Packers family), and Brett Favre was my first favorite with Robert Brooks, but I just think Rodgers and the teams he's had are better in the first 100 games between himself and Favre. Just saying.
I'm surprised to see that peppers is your fav packer.

Those sb teams were very stacked, in what areas of the team has Rodgers had the advantage do you think?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes you are.

Mike Holmgren and his assistants turned Favre from a wild mustang into a league MVP. When Sherman came to town, he let the wild stallion run around in the pasture and he lost some of his game and edge. When Ahman Green emerged as one of the best in the league, the Packers were a run-first team. In fact, teams used to throw eight or nine in the box and "dare" Favre to beat them. Here is a good recap from a great game in 2001: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=211014009 The Ravens legendary defense was fresh off of a Super Bowl victory and looking to feast on the Packers. They stopped Green for sure but Favre lit them up for 3 TDs, 337 yards, while going 27 for 34.

I loved Edgar Bennett as a RB. Levens turned out to be even better, but neither was as good as Ahman Green in his prime. Nobody could stop Batman.

Overall, it's one thing that defined the Brett Favre years was that he always had a good running back to keep the offense in balance. Rodgers has never had that until last year. Rodgers also never had a defense as good as the mid-90s teams, with the 2010 defense being the lone exception.

Favre had better teams but both QBs made average receivers look great. Sterling Sharpe was the only elite receiver that either quarterback has had, and he was only around for a few years in the very beginning of Favre's career. Both quarterbacks have made good receivers look great but very few if any of those WRs have gone on to have success anywhere but in Green Bay.
Ryan Grant was a great back until he went lame from injury.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts