Who do you want to play in the Divisional Round?

Who would you prefer to play in the Divisional Round?

• Rams

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 49ers

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
We need to shut down their running game. Do that and I don’t think it’s even a tough game. However… that is a huge task to accomplish.
True. We held Dalvin Cook and Co.
to minuscule yardage at Lambeau in similar conditions. I actually believe Barry has a game plan for mitigating their Running game. The Vikings backup QB is as good as Garrapolo and a better running threat.

This ain’t the Kap led 49ers. We also have a dual threat Running game. Finesse and Power. Truth be told if our returning guys step up whatsoever this will be very surprising to some folks, as I think we can beat them straight up. Zero help from returning players

49ers better get up 2 scores early. Their D was worn down by mid 3rd quarter.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We held them to 67 yards rushing in September, and still needed a last second FG to win it.
our offense is playing better now… and hopefully the defense will have a few more players too…. But yes point taken … I did not want the Niners.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s simple really, play well and I really like our chances. Don’t play well anyone if these teams can beat us.

Reaction score
It’s simple really, play well and I really like our chances. Don’t play well anyone if these teams can beat us.
You know, that really is the recipe. As you’ll note the Cowboys looked uninspired and almost nervous like. You just can’t go into a game complacent. You’ll notice the 49ers came enthusiastic and had lots of energy. We need to match that energy every play and remember who we are.

The 49ers are on a short week and playing in weather conditions halfway across the country that are 50 degrees less. That’s a drastic change. This isn’t room temperature anymore

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the pack can't beat that 9er team they do not deserve to sniff the sb. Brady is coming to Lambeau...its time to exorcise the demons by coming out and OWNING both sf and tb.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the matchup I feared the most. All the strengths of the 49ers team (run game and defense) will "travel" to Lambeau.

With the bye week, health of key players improving, and a week of preparation for the 49ers; there really isn't any excuse for the Packers not to win the game.

I think Clark, Campbell, Amos, and Savage will be key players on the defense, the run game of the 49ers will attack the middle of the defense and they must hold their own.

Zaire Smith and Whitney Mercilus returning has me excited about how this defense comes together this postseason. The pass rush will be crazy with these two along with Gary, Preston Smith, Clark, and Lowry.

Douglas or Stokes is gonna have to play in the slot to "matchup" with Kittle (in theory). Hopefully Jaire Alexander will return and play well.

Last, the Packers must be the bullies and impose their will on this 49ers team. I would start with Dillon pounding the ball, and utilizing Jones on the outside. Dillon is a volume back and deserves more carries (enough with foolishness). Establish the run game and pick the 49ers apart with the play action. I expect Adams to dominate.

Reaction score
This is the matchup I feared the most. All the strengths of the 49ers team (run game and defense) will "travel" to Lambeau.

With the bye week, health of key players improving, and a week of preparation for the 49ers; there really isn't any excuse for the Packers not to win the game.

I think Clark, Campbell, Amos, and Savage will be key players on the defense, the run game of the 49ers will attack the middle of the defense and they must hold their own.

Zaire Smith and Whitney Mercilus returning has me excited about how this defense comes together this postseason. The pass rush will be crazy with these two along with Gary, Preston Smith, Clark, and Lowry.

Douglas or Stokes is gonna have to play in the slot to "matchup" with Kittle (in theory). Hopefully Jaire Alexander will return and play well.

Last, the Packers must be the bullies and impose their will on this 49ers team. I would start with Dillon pounding the ball, and utilizing Jones on the outside. Dillon is a volume back and deserves more carries (enough with foolishness). Establish the run game and pick the 49ers apart with the play action. I expect Adams to dominate.
I think getting possibly up to 3 starting OL back is going to pay huge dividends. I’m going to formulate that one big reason we’ve regressed on O from 2020 is because we could not give the same level of expectations for OL players off the bench, that’s natural. Expect our playbook to open more and MLF is very good at analyzing opponent Defenses and he has the perfect QB for exploiting said Defenses.

Add to that the ability to repeatedly inject varying combinations of very good Pass rushers and expect to see Garapolo scrambling out of the pocket regular (if he’s not sacked). I predict 1+ sack between Z or Mercilus

If we start to get any immediate production from J’aire? We should see at least 1-2 INT this weekend which means a few bonus drives for our Offense. It’s highly unlikely Jimmy gets through this game without some errant throws.

The only thing I’m concerned with is our ST not being total goofballs. If they can pretend to be normal??
the sky is the limit.

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lowry? he will get trampled. The rest of this I agree w but RUST will play a factor. Z Smith is not really that run savvy, but comes in handy for passing downs. The key is stopping the run and covering Kittle. Savage has been a nightmare covering TE's so we shall see.

Reaction score
Lowry? he will get trampled. The rest of this I agree w but RUST will play a factor. Z Smith is not really that run savvy, but comes in handy for passing downs. The key is stopping the run and covering Kittle. Savage has been a nightmare covering TE's so we shall see.
Yes I see what you mean. He’s very up n down. Good Savage Bad Savage Jeckle Savage vs. Hyde Savage
Like If he’s asked to do too much he gets frazzled?

He was very good in college at downhill run support in run blitz combinations or handling B lining it into the flat area and kinda making it messy for screens etc.. I just remember that from his highlight film when we drafted him. Really a role in the mold of how we use King in certain matches.
He doesn’t always finish his tackle clean he kinda tackles small, but he slows down players enough to get help.
He could also di just the opposite and play the lone deep shell (speed) and let’s us get Amos into the box more. Amos is better Run support

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Watching the replay again with a 3rd and 5 throwing to Jones was not going to get a first down unless we were playing the Jets. That Bucs defender had already forced a fumble that day. He had a beat on Jones who was running laterally. Not the best decision to throw it there. Maybe Rodgers had no other options in which case try to get out of there and throw it away or take the sack.

I'm sorry but it's mind-boggling that anyone seeing the picture I posted earlier in this thread would suggest it was a mistake by Rodgers to throw the ball to Jones. It's close to impossible to be any more wide open in the NFL.

The only clear mistake we have is a historically bad ST unit. I’d almost rather not field a punt or kick return. But I know how crazy that would be.

The Packers need to field a kickoff that's kicked short of the end zone though.

Ettiedam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was hoping for the 9ers and they didnt really get a playoff test vs cowboys at all. if we can stop deebo then im sure they dont have coverage to worry AR

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it's mind-boggling that anyone seeing the picture I posted earlier in this thread would suggest it was a mistake by Rodgers to throw the ball to Jones. It's close to impossible to be any more wide open in the NFL.

The Packers need to field a kickoff that's kicked short of the end zone though.
Now considering the Arctic temps when we play the Niners that could happen. Gould is not necessarily a boomer. But let us hope he hardly gets to kickoff.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now considering the Arctic temps when we play the Niners that could happen. Gould is not necessarily a boomer. But let us hope he hardly gets to kickoff.
Current forecast for Saturday is high of 22, which means upper teens at game time. Not quite the balmy 50's SF is used to, but not a huge advantage for GB. Hope the GB faithful are LOUD whenever Garoppolo comes to the line, however.

Members online

Latest posts