Who do you want to face?

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring me the Cowboys, I wanna see how this Defense plays against one of the best Olines in the league and the best running back in the league.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ideally the Cardinals or Panthers. Warm weather teams with a lot of flaws. You'd like to see Detroit knock out Dallas and then be the ones who have to go to Seattle because of the potential opponents Seattle would have to play in the divisional round, they'd be the toughest road out IMO. Arizona is coasting off their 9-1 start and riding a third string QB and Carolina sucked the least in a bad division kind of like us a season ago. If it is Dallas though, we've got them in Green Bay and they've not had a lot of playoff success even when they have made it in recent years.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's most likely going to be Dallas. The Packers have lost 4 straight playoffs to them in 1982, 1993-95 with all those games played down there. This will be first time Cowboys come up to Green Bay since the Ice Bowl in 1967.

Their offense against the Packers' defense concerns me but I think their defense can be beaten by the Packers' offense.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, at this point, I want to face Arizona. The Panthers are hot, and I just don't like the idea of facing a mobile quarterback. I don't see Stanton, or Lindley, or whoever being able to put many points up. Capers usually does a good job confusing young or less experienced QB's.

Overall though, for our long term hopes, this is what I want.

I want Detroit and Arizona to win. Here is my logic-
- Seattle is the biggest threat to winning the NFC, especially now that we would have to go to the Northwest if we faced each other
- The NFC teams I think have the best chance to beat Seattle(outside of us) are Dallas and Detroit. I can't see Arizona beating them in Seattle, nor the Panthers, although the Panthers did play them tough earlier this year.
-Thus, if Detroit and Arizona win, Detroit would go the Seattle. If their defense can shut down Wilson and Lynch, and good Stafford shows up, and maybe something bounces Detroit's way, Detroit could win. Then we'd get a home NFC Championship game.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardinals. Highest probability of success. The are not strong offensively or defensively and cold weather will hamper them more.

Tbh, I would go for a defensively weak team more to protect ARod more. Less hits and sacks is so crucial at this stage.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My ideal NFC championship game Packers vs Lions. Mainly because I want McCarthy and Rodgers be the first HC and QB to play against and beat every division rival in the playoffs.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rank them

1. Cards
2. Panthers
3. Cowboys

The cards qb situation is so bad I can't imagine them not giving it away. Panthers bc of their record and how it went down when we last played them is close.
I'm not opposed to another ice bowl tho. Bring on Dallas, I would love to crush their season

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of the pure joy of seeing the Pack waffle stomp the Cowboys, ( I'll admit thats alot of joy), anyone who doesnt say Arizona is nuts.... Always take the matchup against a beat up team on their 3rd string QB

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas has not lost one road game this year. That's fairly scary, especially since they've been playing their best ball the last month.

I'm not sure if a team has gone unbeaten on the road since the Patriots went 16-0 in 2007. I would have to think not.

I still like us as a bit of a favorite at home against Dallas, but given a choice I would certainly prefer the Carolina / Arizona winner.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're gonna half to beat the best in the league to get to the SB anyway so what does it matter who we play. If we can't beat Dallas at home then theres no chance of beating SEA in their place. I say bring on Dallas.

Its Tony Romo for christ' sake, Playoff Romo!!

Members online

Latest posts