1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Who do you want the Packers to draft? 2013

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by Wood Chipper, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Tyler Eifert (Long shot for us)

DeAndre Hopkins

Johnathan Franklin

and maybe Latavius Murray in round 5 or later

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I don't see anything at all special about Montee Ball. I didn't see any special stuff to him, other than running behind a a big ole offensive line usually.
    Then his combine and pro day stuff were pretty average as well.

I do like Eifert though. I like Eddie Lacy as well, but feel taking a RB in round 1 is unwise considering how often they, especially OURS, get hurt.

I like Jerron McMillian, but would not be mad if we took a safety with our first pick. As long as Ted took the right one.

3. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410

I see a solid all around back who can do everything asked of him, which would fit perfectly with the Packers. Plus he isn't injury prone, that is a beautiful thing.

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    #-Trade Down to early Rd 2, get an extra 3rd Rd pick.
    %- Trade one 2nd and a 4th to move up in Rd 2.

#- DE Datone Jones, UCLA, 6'4", 283
    %- S Eric Reid, LSU, 6'1", 215
    WR- Kenny Stills, Oklahoma, 6'1", 195
    RB- Christine Michael, TX A&M, 5'10", 220
    TE- Ryan Otten, San Jose St, 6'5", 245
    OLB- Travis Long, Washington St, 6'3", 255
    C- T.J. Johnson, South Carolina, 6'4", 310
    CB- Marcus Cromartie, Wisconsin, 6'0", 195

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    That is a beautiful thing... true.
    I do worry though that he has a lot of mileage already.
    And Cedric Benson had not been injury-prone before we got him, but he had high mileage.
    Then he broke down for us.

Anyway, if you can get us a RB who DOES stay pretty healthy, I am happy, and I think McCarthy is happy.
    Playing RB in the NFL is a high hazard! Especially for our team for some reason.

I'd like a burner, a game-breaker at RB for once... a Jamal Charles/Chris Johnson type who can find a crease and take it the distance. I don't think Ball gives us anything special we don't already have in Harris & Benson, aside from perhaps being healthy.
    But I would not be mad with the pick because I do agree he's at least solid, and not broken yet like Marcus Lattimore, and like Christine Michael who tore an ACL and broke a leg already in college.

6. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +257
    Not too sure that Datone Jones will make it to the 2nd round

7. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410
    I would rather we not touch Christine Michaels, he is a mess and injury prone.

8. MiamiBeachPacker

Ratings:
    +257
    Hey WC, what do you think of Zac Stacy? I know you said you were looking at some tape of the RBs

9. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Well he is pretty impressive from what I have seen. Here is the only footage I have of him which is 3 games worth. He is my #10 back currently.

http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/dfw-interviews-zac-stacy/

10. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410
  11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I didn't know anything about this guy but from watching the film, he's a willing blocker on blitz pickup, and I liked the blocking from some of these linemen.
    Rodgers would probably approve as he's surely been a Vandy fan.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,476
    Some scouts believe he's not stout enough setting the edge to play in 3-4. However, with a dearth of prototype 3-4 DEs with length in this draft, he might not make it to #26.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MiamiBeachPacker

Ratings:
    +257
    Not sure if you were agreeing with me or not, but I was saying that I believe he will be picked in the first round. Possibly by the Colts.

14. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,476
    I'm agreeing with you that he probably won't make it out of the first round. We may not agree on the reasons or the Packer implications.

He could go to a 4-3 team where most scouts seem to be pegging him or he could go to a 3-4 team on a reach because of the lack of options...putting the two possibilities together indicate he might not be around at #26.

I hope he isn't available to us at #26. After spending a first round pick on a 4-3 DE we're trying to convert to a 3-4 OLB, I'd rather not see another first round experiment plugging a 4-3 peg into a 3-4 hole.

Better to go with a big body, strong side DE/NT guy. There's a good chance we'll need two of them by the start of 2014. There are likely to be a few viable options there.

Sometimes the things we want we just can't have (that rangy 3-4 DE stud who can stuff and rush the passer). In that case, it would better to fill some other need with a guy who fits than to reach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. MiamiBeachPacker

Ratings:
    +257

I also don't want the Packers to draft Datone Jones. I would rather see them draft John Jenkins.

16. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,476
    Jenkins would be high on my list. He dropped about 15 lbs. for the Combine which is some indication he's willing to work on conditioning. There's a lot of talent under that "baby fat".

17. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,851
    1st
    ILB Arthur Brown - Hate to upgrade a deep position but AB is a talent that will make a big impact. Tough, athletic and good in coverage - this will create lots of options for Capers.
    ILB Alec Ogletree - kinda the same as above but not as much - however - he brings extra attitude
    OT Fluker - love the quote by him - he tells opposing defensive lineman "I'm here to take your lunch money"
    Star Louteleli - doubt it happens - but if he drops past 10 I would love TT to trade up and nab him.
    Kawaan Short - some reason, I think he is high on TT's list
    DT Jesse Williams - We are going to need another NT soon
    DE Margus Hunt - Yeah, I know. Long shot but if you hit, we have a heck of a player.

2nd round

RB LeVeon Bell - drafttec says he is #186 prospect. Am I missing something? I think he will be very good.
    S Johnathan Cypreine

18. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Eeeeeeeeeew...

19. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I see a guy who isn't particularly big or fast running behind a monster OL. The Packers don't have a monster OL. Sorry, but I don't see it either. What's John Clay up to these days? Isn't he still trying to get on a roster? People were high on him 2 years ago too.

20. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas

Fast, strong, big, good hands, good blocker. Packers should draft him if he's there in the 3rd round.

21. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Not with that injury history. 4th at best, preferably the 5th.

22. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    We're talking about bone fractures, not ligament injuries. Bones heal and with enough time they heal 100%. Bobby Petrino was a dumbass who was notorious for trying to rush his guys back too fast from injury. It's part of the reason he was fired. My brother-in-law is a Razorbacks fan and he follows things pretty closely. Davis is definately worth a 3rd round pick. If given the chance to rehab properly, he could be the best RB in the draft. He's exactly the kind of potential bang for the buck pick that TT likes in mid-round picks.

23. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I'm one of the few guys who doesn't think a 3rd is a "mid round pick." Thought he had a cruciate rupture somewhere in there?

24. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410
    You are right. Mid round is 4 and 5.

25. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +374
    Giovani Bernard > Montee Ball

• Agree Agree x 1