Who do you think is a better reciever D. Driver or T. Owens?

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Who do you think is a better reciever D. Driver or T. Ow

CM_Awesome said:
BayouCowboy said:
CM_Awesome said:
To the people who look at stats to say TO is better than Donald Driver. Let's compare these stats...

Donald Driver: 84 receptions 1208 Yards, 9 TD's
Terrell Owens: 77 receptions 1200 Yards, 14 TD's

Donald Driver: 86 receptions 1221 Yards, 5 TD's
Terrell Owens: 47 receptions 763 Yards, 6 TD's

Donald Driver: 92 receptions 1295 Yards, 8 TD's
Terrell Owens: 85 receptions 1180 Yards, 13 TD's

Over the last 3 seasons, Driver caught more passes and gained more yardage than Owens in each season. Owens has an edge in TD's.
05' was when he was suspended so that skews things a little and I wonder why you didn't include this season's stats.

So after 4 seasons (including 07') TO has 46 TDs and DD has 24. If TO had a complete 05' there wouldn't be much of a yardage difference and he would have added even more TDs. I think I'd take the double difference in TDs over some yardage.

Well one reason I didn't include this seasons stats is because Green Bay has such a great recieving corps now that Drivers stats are suffering.

You say IF Owens completed 05. I can say if this, if that all day. Thats just like saying coulda shoulda woulda.
The fact is Driver finished 05 with almost 500 yards more than Owens.

For the touchdown stat, Driver has never ever been a big touchdown reciever. So its no suprise Owens has alot more TD's.
So you leave off this year because DD has good receivers with him, but 05's stats count even though TO missed part of the season?

Man, that's some big time cherry picking.

ok lets include this years stats.

Driver has 63 receptions, 832 Yards, 2 TD's
Owens has 64 receptions, 1,093 Yards, 13 TD's

receptions are virtually the same, but touchdowns and yardage are in Owens favor. Owens is having a better year, but I still think Driver is a better reciever.

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO has more explosiveness and can get wide open more and yes they will gameplan more for him without a doubt....Driver on the other hand, has sort of a warrior aspect, where he will make an unbelievable catch double covered or smashed or crossing fearsessly though the middle. Catches that, in a sense, I will probably not live to see Terrel Owens make. TO makes catches by just being straight up better and more athletic and getting WIDE open. While Driver is nasty athletic and strong and fast and can beat DB's as well, when beating a guy isn't there he isn;t afraid to take on good coverage and he will make the insanely difficult catches that TO has not proven to me that he can make if neccessarry. He doesn't go down without a fight that's for damn sure

http://www.nfl.com/videos

When it comes down to it, TO will NOT make those catches....but then again when it comes down to it he may not neccessarily have to

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. 2 totally different styles. One is better in heavy traffic where the other is better geting out of heavy traffic. They both have their positives.

Still I like DD.

Yeah...I'm a homer.

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aww, come on guys, I don't think there is even a question. Driver has never had a 10+ TD season, yet Owens has 7. Owens is only two years older and Driver has had Favre. Owens made Pro-Bowl players out of Jeff Garcia (31 and 32 TD seasons; he has only 11 this season) and Donovan McNabb. It's no coincidence that McNabb threw for 31 TDs the year that Owens joined the club. It's not even close. Owens can make awesome players out of mediocre QBs, but there is no way in Hell that Driver would have that same impact. I love DD, but you guys are wayyy too biased.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.O could take a lesson in ethics and respectability from DD. T.O. is too much talk and writing checks with his mouth that his @$$ cant cover.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

T.O. is a stud, and I'm a huge Driver fan.

Latest posts