Who do you think is a better reciever D. Driver or T. Owens?

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DGB454 said:
Which would you rather have as a teamate?

Add a little more to... Driver helps the teamates around him develop into better players.... Does TO?
Actually Hurd credits TO with helping him develop into a better WR and said that TO stayed after practice to help him during the offseason.

In TO's speech (after Wade gave him the game ball) after catching all 4 of Dallas' TDs to beat the skins TO, instead of talking about his accomplishments, singled out our 3rd string safety for making a big stop on a punt return during a critical part of the game.

TO's teammates in Dallas call him a leader and a guy that keeps things light in the locker room. They say he's very approachable and just likes being one of the guys.

And actually when he left Philly a lot of his teammates stuck up for him and continued friendships after he left. It was obvious that there were quite a few that believed it was McNab and not TO that was the problem.

I'm the last person to stick up for TO, but honestly he's been a good teammate since he's been in Dallas and his team loves him.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
DGB454 said:
Which would you rather have as a teamate?

Add a little more to... Driver helps the teamates around him develop into better players.... Does TO?
Actually Hurd credits TO with helping him develop into a better WR and said that TO stayed after practice to help him during the offseason.

In TO's speech (after Wade gave him the game ball) after catching all 4 of Dallas' TDs to beat the skins TO, instead of talking about his accomplishments, singled out our 3rd string safety for making a big stop on a punt return during a critical part of the game.

TO's teammates in Dallas call him a leader and a guy that keeps things light in the locker room. They say he's very approachable and just likes being one of the guys.

And actually when he left Philly a lot of his teammates stuck up for him and continued friendships after he left. It was obvious that there were quite a few that believed it was McNab and not TO that was the problem.

I'm the last person to stick up for TO, but honestly he's been a good teammate since he's been in Dallas and his team loves him.

If that is truly the dynamic in the locker room as the players say, I stand corrected on the teamate portion... But I will believe the TO humility once the Cowboys struggle a bit or TO is shutdown for a game or two..

Thanks for the feedback..

OP
OP
H

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read T. Owens book, and all the stuff he says about McNabb in it, I totally agree with. I think alot of T.O and McNabs problems were caused by McNab. The reason I believe TO is because he isnt afraid to state the truths as well as the negatives.

Now for the question: I think TO is explosive, but I also believe DD is as well. Who would I rather have on my team? DD no question. At least DD isnt an attention getter where TO is. I have also been at the Dallas training camp a couple of years ago in Oxnard CA, and TO wouldnt give you the time of day. Now when I was in Green Bay Donald Driver stopped his car and talked to me for quite sometime. Hes a great person with a great heart. DD may not have gotton as many catches this year, but this is IMO because Favre has other weapons this year which is a good thing he can throw to whoever is open where as last year it was mostly to Driver because he was the only one that Favre could trust.

Here's to a good game on Thursday, I am a packers fan so I hope the Pack comes out on top. I think this game will be decided in the 4th quarter. A nail bitter at that.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Who do you think is a better reciever D. Driver or T. Ow

I've read T. Owens book, and all the stuff he says about McNabb in it, I totally agree with. I think alot of T.O and McNabs problems were caused by McNab. The reason I believe TO is because he isnt afraid to state the truths as well as the negatives.

Now for the question: I think TO is explosive, but I also believe DD is as well. Who would I rather have on my team? DD no question. At least DD isnt an attention getter where TO is. I have also been at the Dallas training camp a couple of years ago in Oxnard CA, and TO wouldnt give you the time of day. Now when I was in Green Bay Donald Driver stopped his car and talked to me for quite sometime. Hes a great person with a great heart. DD may not have gotton as many catches this year, but this is IMO because Favre has other weapons this year which is a good thing he can throw to whoever is open where as last year it was mostly to Driver because he was the only one that Favre could trust.

Here's to a good game on Thursday, I am a packers fan so I hope the Pack comes out on top. I think this game will be decided in the 4th quarter. A nail bitter at that.
Good post. And thats cool you got to meet Donald. I know a few people that have met him and they say the same thing. The nicest guy you will ever meet!

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:
The only person on the football team that should be worried about a gay Q.B. is the center.

That would be uncomfortable.

R.P.

Haha!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:
The only person on the football team that should be worried about a gay Q.B. is the center.

R.P.

leaving his hands under your crotch a little too long is much better than him pulling out a little too soon. Believe me!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

leaving his hands under your crotch a little too long is much better than him pulling out a little too soon. Believe me!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:

R.P.

But then again, you're assuming the center is straight. A gay center would be perfectly comfortable with that.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only other receiver that is more talented than TO is Randy Moss in my opinion. With that said we know TO can burst at any time. He's done it in San Francisco and Philadelphia. He hasn't done it in Dallas but if they ever go through a losing season then it will be interesting how he acts. We know he has a tendency to drop some passes. He's not perfect but he's got a lot of talent which no one can deny.

If I was building a team I'd take Driver because he does everything that is asked and he's less likely to be a distraction. If I were to take the two most talented receivers for just one game on one day, I'd take Moss and TO.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The only other receiver that is more talented than TO is Randy Moss in my opinion. With that said we know TO can burst at any time. He's done it in San Francisco and Philadelphia. He hasn't done it in Dallas but if they ever go through a losing season then it will be interesting how he acts. We know he has a tendency to drop some passes. He's not perfect but he's got a lot of talent which no one can deny.

If I was building a team I'd take Driver because he does everything that is asked and he's less likely to be a distraction. If I were to take the two most talented receivers in the day for one game, I'd take Moss and TO.

You said it better than I did. God given talent, Moss and TO are head and shoulders above everyone else. There's no question there.

The thing is, DD has a charisma that gets everyone else to play better. If TO forgets to take his psychiatric meds, you've got problems.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:

R.P.

But then again, you're assuming the center is straight. A gay center would be perfectly comfortable with that.
Why do you think they have a 45 second clock??? :wink: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

Uh......I'll take your word for it!!! :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I was building a team I'd take Driver because he does everything that is asked and he's less likely to be a distraction. If I were to take the two most talented receivers for just one game on one day, I'd take Moss and TO.

Exactly what I was thinking. :wink:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
This isn't even a contest. TO by miles, and I love Driver.

Depends on how you judge the 2.

I think DD is the consummate football player who wouldexcel at ANY position he plays because of his ethics, attitude, and humility.

TO is a talented receiver... ONE of my absolute favorite talents in the league but is an ***.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To the people who look at stats to say TO is better than Donald Driver. Let's compare these stats...

Donald Driver: 84 receptions 1208 Yards, 9 TD's
Terrell Owens: 77 receptions 1200 Yards, 14 TD's

Donald Driver: 86 receptions 1221 Yards, 5 TD's
Terrell Owens: 47 receptions 763 Yards, 6 TD's

Donald Driver: 92 receptions 1295 Yards, 8 TD's
Terrell Owens: 85 receptions 1180 Yards, 13 TD's

Over the last 3 seasons, Driver caught more passes and gained more yardage than Owens in each season. Owens has an edge in TD's.

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CM_Awesome said:
To the people who look at stats to say TO is better than Donald Driver. Let's compare these stats...

Over the last 3 seasons, Driver caught more passes and gained more yardage than Owens in each season. Owens has an edge in TD's.
05' was when he was suspended so that skews things a little and I wonder why you didn't include this season's stats.

So after 4 seasons (including 07') TO has 46 TDs and DD has 24. If TO had a complete 05' there wouldn't be much of a yardage difference and he would have added even more TDs. I think I'd take the double difference in TDs over some yardage.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CM_Awesome said:

Thanks for the stats. :D

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CM_Awesome said:

05' was when he was suspended so that skews things a little and I wonder why you didn't include this season's stats.

So after 4 seasons (including 07') TO has 46 TDs and DD has 24. If TO had a complete 05' there wouldn't be much of a yardage difference and he would have added even more TDs. I think I'd take the double difference in TDs over some yardage.

Well one reason I didn't include this seasons stats is because Green Bay has such a great recieving corps now that Drivers stats are suffering.

You say IF Owens completed 05. I can say if this, if that all day. Thats just like saying coulda shoulda woulda. The fact is Driver finished 05 with almost 500 yards more than Owens.

For the touchdown stat, Driver has never ever been a big touchdown reciever. So its no suprise Owens has alot more TD's.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CM_Awesome said:

Thanks for the stats. :D

You are most welcome :)

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CM_Awesome said:
CM_Awesome said:

Well one reason I didn't include this seasons stats is because Green Bay has such a great recieving corps now that Drivers stats are suffering.

You say IF Owens completed 05. I can say if this, if that all day. Thats just like saying coulda shoulda woulda.
The fact is Driver finished 05 with almost 500 yards more than Owens.

For the touchdown stat, Driver has never ever been a big touchdown reciever. So its no suprise Owens has alot more TD's.
So you leave off this year because DD has good receivers with him, but 05's stats count even though TO missed part of the season?

Man, that's some big time cherry picking.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
t.o is a good player who cares about stats.

driver is a great team player who puts god first and gives 100 percent every play

ill take driver every day

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Driver and hate Owens, but Owens is a better receiver. I bet if you asked opposing players and coaches who they fear more, a lot more would say Owens than Driver. Owens can dominate people physically, and he has a way of getting into the end zone.

I agree with some people here, though, that if I was starting a team I would rather have Driver. Owens has always been a head case, and he hasn't been perfect since his arrival in Dallas. He bad-mouthed Parcells when Parcells left, and after the Cowboys' only loss this season he complained about not getting enough passes thrown his way. He's a front-runner--kind of like Randy Moss, but worse.

Members online

Latest posts