Who do you think is a better reciever D. Driver or T. Owens?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My pick would be DD, just because he has the better QB throwing him the ball, DD has always been consistent and what I have noticed this year is he tries to get more yards after the play. Your thoughts?

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Who do you think is a better reciever D. Driver or T. Ow

TO is actually on pace for his best season of his career. He's only 2 yards behind Moss for tops in receiving yards (1093) and is second only to Moss in TDs (13).

I like Driver, but it's really not even close.

Driver has 832 yards and 2 TDs. He also averages 13.2 ypc where TO averages 17.1.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Heart - Driver.
Hands - Driver.

However TO is so big and strong, he gives DB's fits because he is so physical and he has enough speed. He can beat you in alot of ways.

With that said...

Natural Talent - TO.

But if I was starting a team.. I would take Driver over TO because of one thing.. Chemistry with the team. When things break down and aren't going right.. TO explodes where Driver picks his game up.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Driver is a more disciplined player who doesn't get rattled as easy
as T.O.

T.O. is explosive but will get frustrated easy if you aren't constantly feeding him the ball. I think a melt down is due before the season is over unless they can figure a way to stroke his enormous ego. I don't view him as a team player. He is a ME player. IMHO.

He is good at what he does but I'm kind of glad he doesn't play for GB.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

as T.O.

T.O. is explosive but will get frustrated easy if you aren't constantly feeding him the ball.

Which is why i think Harris has the ability to take TO out of this game. TO gets so pissed off when he gets bumped hard off the line. he doesn't have great hands either, so if harris can keep his hands tied, i think TO will lose his mental edge.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Talent wise, Owens.
But in EVERY other category, Driver.
If Owens wasn't dead from the neck up, he'd be great. But he's a self loving idiot. I can't WAIT for him to tear apart the Cowboys, like he did his 2 previous teams.
The timebomb ticks........

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Talent wise, Owens.
If Owens wasn't dead from the neck up, he'd be great. But he's a self loving idiot. I can't WAIT for him to tear apart the Cowboys, like he did his 2 previous teams.

and the beat goes on...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:
Talent wise, Owens.

and the beat goes on...
LOL! Yup! It's one thing we can depend on! It's not IF, but WHEN he lets loose. If Romo doesn't throw to him enough Thursday, maybe he will let the REAL TO show! (We can only hope!!!) :wink:

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Talent wise, Owens.

Who knows? Maybe he's changed.

:lol:
Just kidding......

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
Talent wise, Owens.

Who knows? Maybe he's changed.

:lol:
Just kidding......
The ONLY thing he has changed is TEAMS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score

While DD is a good WR and has many of his TDs stolen by Jennings but I don't you can compare him with Owens... I've never really seen DD take over a game. He has many of the qualities of Owens but basically he is a poor mans version. I also don't want to here any of that "Owens drops passes" crap because he has dropped close to none this year. I also do not think Owens will tear this team up.... Romo and him are pretty tight and he is willing to share the scene with Owens unlike McNabb. McNabb ruined that , that was not Owens. McNabb is overall a pretty crappy QB just like Owens said. I'm not sure what went down in San Fran but I know they were losing alot and that would do it. Plus Garcia is gay according to Owens , I wouldn't want to be there either! :wink:

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a near certainty that every team has gay players. I don't know what was up with Owens and Garcia. You and perhaps Owens have some homophobia issues.

As for the question at hand, Owens is more talented and explosive but Driver wins in all other categories.

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TO is actually on pace for his best season of his career. He's only 2 yards behind Moss for tops in receiving yards (1093) and is second only to Moss in TDs (13).

Driver has 832 yards and 2 TDs. He also averages 13.2 ypc where TO averages 17.1.

the question was who is a better football player, not who has better stats this season

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

sometimes i feel people follow me around the internet. i started this topic in another forum and have argued w/many cowboy fans on the topic.

DD produces yac, but the main knock on DD is scoring TD's. TO has huge numbers when it comes to scoring TD's.

to me DD is an elite wr, and is every bit as good as TO. some feel DD just does not have elite numbers, and will not make the HOF, i do not agree

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not a TO fan. Never will be, but there's no denying his talent. Last year he was playing with a surgically repaired finger which had a lot to do with the drops. You hardly hear about drops this year. That being said he does lose concentration from time to time.

I don't like the loud obnoxious players and TO is definitely that, but one thing I've learned since he's come to Dallas is that the media eggs him on and will all but fabricate stories to add to the drama. He's actually been an exceptional teammate and a vocal leader. Is winning a factor? Absolutely. But that goes for a lot of professional athletes. Bottom line, the guys no saint, but he's not the villain that the press portrays him as either.

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

BayouCowboy said:

the question was who is a better football player, not who has better stats this season
Fair enough. I'll ask you, Which player do you think teams gameplan against more? Or, which player would have a larger impact on his team if he was not on the field?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

as T.O.

T.O. is explosive but will get frustrated easy if you aren't constantly feeding him the ball. I think a melt down is due before the season is over unless they can figure a way to stroke his enormous ego. I don't view him as a team player. He is a ME player. IMHO.

He is good at what he does but I'm kind of glad he doesn't play for GB.

You hit the nail on the head here. TO has natural, God-given talent and he doesn't appreciate it.

DD is like the fictional character Rocky Balboa. I'll take DD's heart over God-given talent when the going gets tough. When everything is easy, I'll take natural talent. So in the SB, give me DD over TO.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK.... I will give TO the credit for being good at his job. Yes he dropped the ball a lot last year because he broke 1 finger. I wonder how many fingers DD has broken? Hmmmm.....

Let's face it.... People don't like T.O. because he is so self absorbed. The media isn't making him like that. T.O. is doing that to himself.
"I luv me some me." Something like that. Great players don't have to tell everyone they are great.

Romo is only stroking him to keep him calm. Kind of like you do with a pitbull.

One day that pitbull will turn on you. They always do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts