Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daryn Colledge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
With Spitz we had a decent running game.
With Colledge we had excellent pass protection.

With Spitz, we had a running game against the Bears! That is not to say that he cannot pass protect against the other teams in the league. I would think that we cannot take a chance of being just a one-dimensional pass only team and need to establish a running game.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a tough one as the OL is starting to look pretty good. It almost sucks to mess with any chemistry that might be going right now, but Spitz did play better in TC.

Colledge is our backup LT right now. Considering the tough time Clifton is having with his knees, we may need to go to a backup at some point. Is it better for Colledge to get some game experience at LG? Or is it better for him to practice at LT? We may be better off with Spitz starting at LG while Colledge gets more practice reps at LT to develop his footwork out there.

Another question is who the coaches believe have more potential. If they are both essentially equal right now, then play the one who they believe will develop into the better player at LG. If Colledge is slated to be our LT of the future, then get Spitz in there because he's expected to be our LG of the future.

All of this is tough with 2 rookies developing at different rates. I think Spitz will get the edge though due to Colledge being the backup LT.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough question, without seeing game film and really looking at the particular position, I would have to agree that College has not given us much in the run game and we do need to get the run game in sync. So I guess I would lean slightly toward Spitz, but I hate to continually shuffle players on the line if not necessary.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge. We did run against the bears but we got most our yards from the Bears playing cover 2. If we can't pass we're dead in the water. If we can't run we can still check down and screen all day long.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Colledge. We did run against the bears but we got most our yards from the Bears playing cover 2. If we can't pass we're dead in the water. If we can't run we can still check down and screen all day long.

And we had a FB as well against the Bears. Ted doesn't believe in blocking so I say we start Dave Rayner there

Members online

Latest posts