1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Who do you NOT want the packers to take?

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by ClemsonFan, Mar 28, 2012.

1. ClemsonFan

ClemsonFan New Era Packers Fan

Ratings:
    +5
    Who do you hope that the packers don't take and why?

2. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    Whitney, because I just have a feeling he is going to be unhealthy, slow to pick up the scheme and rather unimpressive overall. I think he has peaked where as some other guys have only just begun their ascent to greatness.

3. Stevie DK

Stevie DK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    Packers would make a mistake by taking Nick Perry, Mercilus by far the better player for Packers.

4. SEWICHEESE

SEWICHEESE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19

Like I have seen written elsewhere. Nick Perry seems kinda like the pass rusher version of Taylor Mays... looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Or something to that effect. Although I think he will be a better pro than Taylor Mays I do think they are similar and comparible types of players.

5. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I don't feel Perry will make the transition to linebacker.

6. SEWICHEESE

SEWICHEESE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I agree, he seems like a perfect 4-3 DE. He's too limited for a 3-4 OLB. I wouldn't even consider him for the Packers really, just doesn't fit. I think someone really good will fall to us, whether it be a OLB, DE, S, CB, OL, ILB,RB. But if not, trade back for and get some value out of the pick (extra draft pick, < $ spent, and not reaching for "said" player). TT knows what he's doing come draft day. I'm not too worried about it.