Who do we try to pick up off Waivers?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Brandon Fields.....punter.

Miami let a VERY good punter go today to save money and because a rookie out performed him.

career average 46.8 yards per punt and a 39.4-yard net

I would take a look at this guy

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me guess...Broyles is from Oklahoma. OK, I did look look it up. ;)
BUSTED! Kid set the All-Time record for receptions in NCAA history but the Hardy kid from ECU just broke it. Nonetheless he is a super polished route-runner with plenty of gas left in the tank. I can't hide my OU homerism though...well played Matlock! :)

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As teams are making their cuts to get to 53, are there any players you see being released that the Packers should try and grab?

I do think the Packers will be keeping an eye on WR's and the ILB's that are cut....so far nobody cut by another team really jumps out at me. Typically, this first wave of cuts are the players with less talent or teams have finally given up on.

I'm guessing no one. I think our 53 is here already.

H

HardRightEdge

BUSTED! Kid set the All-Time record for receptions in NCAA history but the Hardy kid from ECU just broke it. Nonetheless he is a super polished route-runner with plenty of gas left in the tank. I can't hide my OU homerism though...well played Matlock! :)
Every once in a while I figure things out. ;)

So why such low productivity in Detroit? And why did they give up on him after 3 years? Megatron had an extended outage, before Tate they didn't have a bookend of note I can recall, and I can't think of when they ever put 3 WR threats on the field. They were playing Ross out there for a time.

Edit: Matlock at work again! Blown ACL even before he was drafted. Torn Achilles in 2013. Healthy in 2014, but little field time, evidently not viewed as a slot compliment to Megatron/Tate. Broyles asked for his release and got it, evidently with little reluctance on the part of Detroit management.

This is the kind of guy I would have liked to see on the 90 man roster at the start. First thing would be to see if those injuries had any permanent affects. But now? Too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say if we don't sign anyone by this time next week, our roster is already set.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every once in a while I figure things out. ;)

So why such low productivity in Detroit? And why did they give up on him after 3 years? Megatron had an extended outage, before Tate they didn't have a bookend of note I can recall, and I can't think of when they ever put 3 WR threats on the field. They were playing Ross out there for a time.

Edit: Matlock at work again! Blown ACL even before he was drafted. Torn Achilles in 2013. Healthy in 2014, but little field time, evidently not viewed as a slot compliment to Megatron/Tate. Broyles asked for his release and got it, evidently with little reluctance on the part of Detroit management.

This is the kind of guy I would have liked to see on the 90 man roster at the start. First thing would be to see if those injuries had any permanent affects. But now? Too late.
He has been snake bitten for a while now. I am sure he has lost some of his speed and quickness but the kid has some of the nicest hands I've ever seen. I like what you said about the 90 man roster and couldn't agree more. If he had been in camp the whole time and had a chance to grow in the system I think it possibly could've worked. However, this late in the game makes this nothing more than a personal pipe dream. Great guy with a heckuva work ethic and I hope he ends up getting a shot somewhere. Thank you for gently dragging me back into reality HRE. :)

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As teams are making their cuts to get to 53, are there any players you see being released that the Packers should try and grab?

I do think the Packers will be keeping an eye on WR's and the ILB's that are cut....so far nobody cut by another team really jumps out at me. Typically, this first wave of cuts are the players with less talent or teams have finally given up on.
I hope the packers are keeping a look out for WR, ILBS, OL, DL and TEs!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw the Texans cut Louis Nix. Surprised to see that happen so quickly. He is only a 2nd year player and was a beast NT in college that had 1st round potential if not for his injuries. If we didn't draft him when he fell to the 3rd round, I can't imagine we'd want him now. Still, he's a big, big dude. :D

D

Deleted member 6794

Saw the Texans cut Louis Nix. Surprised to see that happen so quickly. He is only a 2nd year player and was a beast NT in college that had 1st round potential if not for his injuries. If we didn't draft him when he fell to the 3rd round, I can't imagine we'd want him now. Still, he's a big, big dude. :D

I'm quite sure the Texans medical staff figured out he's not capable of playing anymore. That's why he was released.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm quite sure the Texans medical staff figured out he's not capable of playing anymore. That's why he was released.

Yeah... those knees are not gonna be able to keep up his 330+ pounds very long after 3 surgeries. He was doing okay and staying healthy through camp and preseason though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah... those knees are not gonna be able to keep up his 330+ pounds very long after 3 surgeries. He was doing okay and staying healthy through camp and preseason though.

True, I didn´t realize he played in preseason games. Maybe there are other reasons why he was released after all.

Latest posts