Who are you targeting going forward?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Derek Sherrod's a Packer. Huzzah! But there's 6 more rounds of this, and I think 8 (?) more Packers picks.

I'm still, and this refrain has become common from me over the last few years, looking for that speed guy who can return kicks and make things happen on offense. Titus Young, Randall Cobb, Shaky Smithson, someone like that.

I know we have running backs, but I have a lot of love for Ryan Williams. I think he can be special, and what the hell, why not? Who knows if Grant will come back strong?

Justin Houston, Sam Acho, and Brooks Reed are all interesting as hell at that OLB position as well.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should grab a good punt/ kick returner if one comes up. If not, OLB or oline. I'm feelin Reed at OLB. Remember, we can move players around.....

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For day 2, I'm looking at Leonard Hankerson, Brooks Reed, Sam Acho, Ben Ijalana, and Stefan Wisniewski.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Ryan williams, fills two holes, in the short term he can pr/kr, and would be a huge 3rd down rb upgrade from brandon jackson, our offense would be unstoppable beast mode activated.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'd probably need to give up a at least one of the 4th rounders to move up to mid 2nd round. Unless the draft has another Jake Locker/Christian Ponder pick, all those players you guys just listed will all be gone by #64. Then again I didn't expect Sherrod to fall to us. <3 our luck.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Acho would be a great 2nd pick, he fills a need, but I really like Ben Ijalana from Villanova. Yes yes, I know, another OL, but he projects as a guard and has great run blocking ability, while not being a **** pick, it would be very solid. So what if I am an OL hog, I can live with it :)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think that we now have too many OL on the team.
Starters: Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga
Backups: Sherrod, McDonald, EDS, Spitz, Newhouse

And only one of those is beyond 30.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think that we now have too many OL on the team.
Starters: Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga
Backups: Sherrod, McDonald, EDS, Spitz, Newhouse

And only one of those is beyond 30.

you know what? you are right. Wells is very underated, Sitton is playing very well. We really don't need another guard at this point. Man the Packers are in great shape at the moment.

Well, I don't mind who we target next, I don't know much about the picks after this second round, so long as we don't draft a FB, we already have the best in the league!

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely want Sam Acho. He plays like he is Brian Orakpo's little brother. Plus, he's incredibly intelligent; he's a 2-time Academic All-American. He regularly visits children's hospitals and goes on a mission trip to Nigeria every summer to provide some medical care. His middle name is Onyedikachi which means "who is like unto God." Acho is a perfect example of what we like to call "Packer people."

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely want Sam Acho. He plays like he is Brian Orakpo's little brother. Plus, he's incredibly intelligent; he's a 2-time Academic All-American. He regularly visits children's hospitals and goes on a mission trip to Nigeria every summer to provide some medical care. His middle name is Onyedikachi which means "who is like unto God." Acho is a perfect example of what we like to call "Packer people."
He is the LB I like the best, even between Ayers and Reed.
Acho has Reid's motor, has Ayers' ball skills. The only thing that worries me about Acho is him playing in space, but I really like this kid.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I honestly think that we now have too many OL on the team. Starters: Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga Backups: Sherrod, McDonald, EDS, Spitz, Newhouse
I disagree. IMO they’re set at OT with Clifton, Bulaga, Sherrod and Newhouse. However, EDS was waived by the Packers at the final roster cutdown last season, signed by SEA, didn’t play and was waived after 4 games before being re-signed by the Packers. I doubt he makes the roster. Spitz did not receive a tender and will be a free agent. I doubt he will be in Green Bay once the NFLPA/NFL dust settles - IMO injuries killed his career in Green Bay. I know they’re high on McDonald but we saw him get his butt kicked on the videos throughout training camp (and they were also high on Barbre and Breno G).

They usually keep 9 OL on the 53-man roster. The four OTs, Sitton, Wells, and Lang are locks. That’s only seven. Lang isn’t a sure thing at LG. Even if they decide to keep Colledge, I think they need at least one more to compete inside. I hope and expect Thompson to draft an interior OL on Saturday.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like the Packers to go with Torrey Smith, Titus Young, or Brooks Reed next but I highly doubt any of those will be available so I'll vote for Vincent Brown WR from San Diego St. I think Brown is the kind of receiver Ted Thompson looks for in the draft. John Moffit is another I wouldn't mind drafting as well.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Titus Young, Sam Acho, Justin Houston, I'd also like to pick up a corner at some point. Maybe a guard. If they trade up I'd love to see us grab muhammad wilkerson too.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't think it's even close, we need another corner in case of injury. The nice thing about being world champions is you can draft best player. I know I"m gonna love who they choose. You have to admit as a fan that it was a great deal of fun watching the Packers shut down other teams passing games.
I think Neal will fit nicely in place of Jenkins and Jones and the others are fine for now. Would be nice to find another steal like CJ Wilson at the OLB spot.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Still want Sam Acho. He's really the last player left that I feel strongly about.

Casey Matthews would be cool for the story, I guess, and if Barnett's truly gone we could certainly use ILB depth, but I doubt it happens unless he free-falls into the 7th or something.

Members online

Latest posts