Who are you rooting for?

Who do you PREFER to win next weekend and meet in the Super Bowl?

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect our voting here will lean heavily towards Seattle, because Russell Wilson over Kaepernick, and because San Fran has eliminated us twice in a row.

I personally hate both coaches, but the bubble-gum chain-chewer Pete Carroll more, mostly because of what he did at USC.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle and Denver are the ones I want to see win.

Part of me wishes that it was us going to Seattle instead while another part is glad it isn't.

I just hope that Jim Hardblow never wins a SB. I hope that he is one of those coaches that gets so close and yet is so far.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stand either AFC team and I can't stand the 49ers. I hope Seattle beats the 49ers and then beats either AFC team in the Super Bowl.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Having seen the Broncos at Wembley, and met some of their fans who came to London especially to see them play, and although they lost were still upbeat and classy, I want them to win this now.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with Dan. When the Packers are out of it I watch as a football fan.
I was pulling for the Chargers because I'm a big fan of Phillip Rivers from his days at NC State. I like the way he plays the game. Reminds me of Favre.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Broncos over Seashits in the Superbowl. F that fake thug Kapernick.

This is my sentiment exactly. I'm rooting for Wilson and not the Seasnakes. This will be the first year in many years that I'll be pulling for the AFC in the SB. Kaperpudwad is the most over-hyped player in the game.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Want to see NE over 49ers though I doubt it would happen.
Why: I'd like to see the 49ers lose again. Plus Pey Pey retiring after a loss to Brady would be nice to see too. Would feel a bit bad for Wilson to lose the SB if they made it. And well Pats go for the win by the default of my hating ways.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have been nice to see the Panthers going to Seattle instead.
Then the 40Whiner fans would have had a hard time knowing who to root for.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no malice towards any of the teams. I'm just watching as a fan. I think that the NFC game is very even but think that Seattle has the slightest of edges. I don't really care about the AFC game but think that Peyton will have his day, setting up Seahawks/Broncos in the SB. I also don't think that either AFC team has the defense to win the Lombardi trophy, so it'll be Seattle (or San Francisco) winning the trophy.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Denver. They've lost their All-Pro LT Ryan Clady and their All-Pro OLB Von Miller.
NE has lost their All-Pro NT Vince Wilfork, and All-Pro TE Rob Gronkowski. Also have lost their ILB Brandon Spikes.

San Francisco, meanwhile?

Go down the list from their most important player down to about #15, and they are ALL STILL THERE.

All 5 OL, including 3 first round picks.
QB? Sure, fine, even though he's a runner.
RB? Frank Gore? Fine, even though he has multiple ACL-tears in college. Fine now.
TE Vernon Davis? Fine.
WR Crabtree and Boldin? Fine.

ALL FOUR Pro-Bowl caliber LBers? All fine.
Top-1o DL draft picks Justin Smith and Glen Dorsey? Fine.
This year's #1 pick safety Eric Reid? He's fine too.

Seattle is also very healthy -aside from the WR position.

Let me ask you guys this.
You know (many of you do), the Seahawks have been caught many times taking Adderall.
Exactly what benefits come from Adderall are not totally know yet, but there are some obvious advantages to it.

Defensive end Bruce Irvin became the sixth Seahawks player since 2010 to be suspended in May. Unprescribed use of the ADD drug Adderall has been the primary violation.

Asked about the Seahawks' extracurricular issues at the end of the first day of his team's minicamp on Tuesday, Harbaugh couldn't resist another tweak at Carroll, and a clear definition of his own coaching philosophy.

QUOTE= ''Is it a concern? I've definitely noticed it,'' Harbaugh said of the Seahawks. ''You don't know what it is. Even when people say what it is, you don't know that that's what it is. I've heard this thrown out or that, but that's usually the agents or the players themselves saying it's, for example, Adderall. But the NFL doesn't release what it actually is, so you have no idea. You're taking somebody at their word that I don't know if you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances.'' -

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/12/7/5180754/seahawks-ped-suspensions-fans-trash-talk-49ers

QUOTE= Richard Sherman has stated he believed 50% of the league uses Adderall. I cannot speak to the speculation, but I have to wonder what made him come up with such a high percentage. Performance enhancing drugs have been used by world class athletes for as long as people have competed. Athletes will go to extreme lengths to obtain any kind of advantage. There are noble athletes who strive to play clean, but there will always be those seeking an edge. Athletes are well versed in how to avoid positive tests; and, even if caught, athletes can dodge quite a few consequences with savvy appeals.

SAN FRANCISCO

BALCO http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Area_Laboratory_Co-operative
The Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative (BALCO) was an American company led by founder and owner Victor Conte. In 2003, journalists Lance Williams and Mark Fainaru-Wada investigated the company's role in a drug sports scandal later referred to as the BALCO Affair. BALCO marketed tetrahydrogestrinone ("the Clear"), a then-undetected, performance-enhancing steroid developed by chemist Patrick Arnold. Conte, BALCO vice president James Valente, weight trainer Greg Anderson and coach Remi Korchemny had supplied a number of high-profile sports stars from the United States and Europe with "the Clear" and human growth hormone for several years.
Among the athletes listed in the record of BALCO customers were:

Don't forget in that same BAY AREA, where technology, pharmaceuticals, etc. are usually ahead of the times, you also had the Bash Bros. CANSECO & McGWIRE ahead of the curve there in the 1980's and 90's. It's always been a game where the cheaters are usually ahead of the testers.

BIOGENESIS
MIAMI DRUG CLINIC
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-0...-supplies-drugs-to-sports-biggest-names/full/
Miami Clinic Supplies Drugs to Sports' Biggest Names

Performance-enhancing drugs, from human growth hormone (HGH) to testosterone to anabolic steroids...

The story of how Anthony Bosch built the East Coast version of BALCO — the notorious California lab that provided baseball greats such as Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds with steroids

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's more than enough clues and "coincidences" for me to accept that those teams, ESPECIALLY the 49ers, have just been lucky, or that they just lift weights better and stretch better.

There's been some illegal **** going on in the Bay Area for at least 3 decades, and they usually are way ahead of the curve. Their local players are usually the main customers.

Just because we haven't seen them get caught, like we have with many Seahawks and Adderall, doesn't mean something's not going on there.

Seattle HAS been caught.
San Fran, in time, I think something's gonna come out as it did with BALCO, Bonds, Giambi, Canseco, McGwire, and then the Miami BioGenesis.

So for that, I am rooting for Denver.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's more than enough clues and "coincidences" for me to accept that those teams, ESPECIALLY the 49ers, have just been lucky, or that they just lift weights better and stretch better.

There's been some illegal **** going on in the Bay Area for at least 3 decades, and they usually are way ahead of the curve. Their local players are usually the main customers.

Just because we haven't seen them get caught, like we have with many Seahawks and Adderall, doesn't mean something's not going on there.

Seattle HAS been caught.
San Fran, in time, I think something's gonna come out as it did with BALCO, Bonds, Giambi, Canseco, McGwire, and then the Miami BioGenesis.

So for that, I am rooting for Denver.

I remember Gary Ellerson saying something like: "I stood in the tunnel watching the Niners walk out, and guy after guy was just huge...and then I watched the Pack walk out and was like... how is this possible?!!!"

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't really care. But if I had to pick a winner I would want Denver. Payton would then have something on Brady. The only starting QB to win a Super Bowl with two different teams. Other than that, anyone but the Pats.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In my ideal world, the 9'ers beat Seattle today - I only offer that because BOTH teams can't lose. I would expect a hard hitting (actually dirty, after-the-whistle stuff as usual with these two teams) where the 9'ers lose a couple of key players. Choosing between Harbaugh and Carroll winning is sorta like choosing between a red hot fire poker being jammed up my ********** and sticking a sharp pencil in my eye. The coaches and the players on these two teams talk too much sh*t for my taste. That is all.

I'm guessing that the Broncos will win in Denver v. the Pats to move on into the Super Bowl. While I don't have anything against the Broncos organization ... I don't like the notion of anything making their fans happy. Much the same is true of the 9'ers and Seahawk fans. Their online fans are insufferable and by-and-large haven't been winning long enough to know how to win with 'good form'.

In the Super Bowl ... a game which I really won't give two craps about ... I'd like to see the Broncos or Pats, defeat the 9'ers. Losing two Super Bowls in a row would be fantastic for that new 9'er fan-base. Losing ONE Super Bowl following the '97 season still sticks in my craw, extremely painful thing ... I think it'd be a great fit to have to suffer back-to-back SB losses for the neo-9'ers fans.

Bitter and vindictive? Yep. YouBetcha... :)

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Seattle beats Frisco in a close game. A couple of picks off Kaepernick by that Seahawks' secondary will be the difference.
And I am feeling that Belichick and Brady do it to Peyton one more time in the other game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts