Who Are The Most Improved Players Thus Far?

Scout200

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who has made a huge step from last year to this year and really become a big contributor to the team?

-Scout

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
I'm hesitant to list Crosby because I can't remember the last time I saw him hit a game winner.
Yeah, I feel ya...I just remember having no faith in him last season and now I have a tad.
I mean, he's no Ray Finkle, but he'll do :)

Reaction score
I agree on Williams.

Clay Matthews would be a close second. Went from nearly DROY last year to possibly this year's DPOY. It's easy to overlook Matthews because he played so well last year ... but IMO he has taken his game to a new level..

Honorable Mention:
Josh Sitton
BJ Raji
Brandon Jackson
Mason Crosby
Desmond Bishop

Bishop and Jackson are on my list mainly because they are getting PT this year and are making the most of the opportunity. I think guys like James Jones and Jordy Nelson have a shot of getting onto the honorable mention list if they can avoid the fumble bug for the rest of the year.

I think you hit on everyone well done

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely Williams, no question. Our best player on defense this year next to Clay. You could arguably even put him above Clay because he hasn't missed any games.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here comes the unpopular answer:

Bush. While he still isn't great, he is lightyears ahead of where he was last year. I think he has improved the most. Matthews was a beast, and is now a bigger beast; improved, but not to the extent Bush has improved. Tramon has always been a very good corner, he was just blocked by Woodson and Harris. I think he would have been almost as good last year, he just didn't get the opportunity like he is now. Bush went from complete garbage on defense and special teams, to decent on defense and downright valuable on special teams. Huge improvement.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

Bush. While he still isn't great, he is lightyears ahead of where he was last year. I think he has improved the most. Matthews was a beast, and is now a bigger beast; improved, but not to the extent Bush has improved. Tramon has always been a very good corner, he was just blocked by Woodson and Harris. I think he would have been almost as good last year, he just didn't get the opportunity like he is now. Bush went from complete garbage on defense and special teams, to decent on defense and downright valuable on special teams. Huge improvement.
When is Bush on the field defensively? Almost never, because Shields is the nickel back.

I will agree he's better on special teams, though.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on Williams.

Clay Matthews would be a close second. Went from nearly DROY last year to possibly this year's DPOY. It's easy to overlook Matthews because he played so well last year ... but IMO he has taken his game to a new level..

Honorable Mention:
Josh Sitton
BJ Raji
Brandon Jackson
Mason Crosby
Desmond Bishop

Bishop and Jackson are on my list mainly because they are getting PT this year and are making the most of the opportunity. I think guys like James Jones and Jordy Nelson have a shot of getting onto the honorable mention list if they can avoid the fumble bug for the rest of the year.

disagree with sitton, he was our best lineman last year. He maybe improved a little, but he was boss last year too. BJ Raji should be getting more votes though. He's been pretty good this year after a meh campaign last year. I also give him extra props because of all of our injuries along the d line.

But I agree it's trmaon. He's been shutdown. Even espn is starting to notice him...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are right. Now I just don't like him, before I loathed him.
He's playing fine.
When is Bush on the field defensively? Almost never, because Shields is the nickel back.

I will agree he's better on special teams, though.
Not true. Last game was the first Shields had been back since Chicago I believe.
Bush has been the nickel back the whole time. And now, he's the dime. Ahead of Pat Lee and Underwood.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Not true. Last game was the first Shields had been back since Chicago I believe.
Bush has been the nickel back the whole time. And now, he's the dime. Ahead of Pat Lee and Underwood.
Brain farted, you're right.

Given that I didn't notice him, he must not suck anymore, at the very least.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on Williams.

Honorable Mention:
Josh Sitton
BJ Raji
Brandon Jackson
Mason Crosby
Desmond Bishop

Hits the nail right on the head!!! Thanks for saving me from typing!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
mason crosby is not that much improved. could of finished off the redskins and failed. did everyone forget that so soon

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't see any mention of the OLine, Sittion and Clifton have been pretty good and helped with sacks and room to run for BJax!

Members online

Latest posts