Whittaker Benched

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be a move intended largely to keep Whittacker from being totally beat down and embarrassed by the bares DL this week, damaging his confidence. Also, Whittacker has played almost every offensive snap for 14-15 games already this season. This is several more games than he has ever played in one season in his life and he is probably wearing down. Not unusual for rookies that have started all season to "hit the wall" about this time. I am also concerned about the same thing happening to Collins. Unfortunately, the Packers don't have anyone on the roster that can really step in for him.

OP
OP
Y

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBnative said:
This may be a move intended largely to keep Whittacker from being totally beat down and embarrassed by the bares DL this week, damaging his confidence. Also, Whittacker has played almost every offensive snap for 14-15 games already this season. This is several more games than he has ever played in one season in his life and he is probably wearing down. Not unusual for rookies that have started all season to "hit the wall" about this time. I am also concerned about the same thing happening to Collins. Unfortunately, the Packers don't have anyone on the roster that can really step in for him.
Good point!
Maybe "hitting the wall" is the reason he has played so poorly in the last two games.
Collins doesn't appear to have "hit the wall" at this point but then he still has 5 more games to play.
At any rate I believe these two rookies will play a large part in the Packers future success.

Go Pack Go!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it takes a bigger toll on your body playing on the line every week as opposed to safety. Collins should be alright physically. I think the mental grind gets these guys as much as the physical...especially when you are having a season like the Packers are.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many forget he is a rookie playing his longest season. He exceeded the expectations of a low round pick by starting and can only improve during the off season. Not many rookies get to play 11 games. Instead of looking at who he isn't think how far he has come. Most rookies are shakey and he has contributed more than the rest of this draft class except for Collins. He has had a rough season and it might help if the Bears were not busting his chops and he sees film of a veteran playing the plays.

Additionally Ruegamer is a free agent at the end of the year. He has a chance to showcase his ability when other starters may be worn down. He can show what he can do and if he can't get it done then he is gone at the end of the year. I do like Ruegamer's versatility as he can play anywhere on the O-line. Ted will review the film to see if Grey(His real first name is Jeff) will be signed to a contract next year.

Sherman has not given up on the season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts