Whitewater Warhawks Division III champs

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My alma mater won their 6th National Championship in the Stagg Bowl today 43-34.

Congrats to the Warhawks.

Coach now is off to University of Buffalo.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never a bad day when Mt. Union loses. I have no great love for UWW but I have seen Mt. in action and they lets just say don't exude class.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also notice that Mt. used the omeba defense. Capers is an alum. Who stole that from whom? I sure hope he didn't design a defense based on a D3 scheme.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only know because he spoke at graduation 2 years ago. I think the only other famous football guys are Cecil Shorts and Garcon. John Carroll in the same conference has some interesting names though....bunch of couches. I think McDaniels went there and Don Shula. I know there was another coach and they had a player....that linebacker for the redskins that just retired that played for like 20 years.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a current UW-Whitewater student. Wasn't able to make it to the game, but glad we won. Par from a suprisingly close Platteville game they played like National Champs all year long. Leipold is well deserving of a head gig at a D-1 school.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always wondered why UWW is a D3 school still. Don't they have around 12K students. Most d3 schools are around 3k aside from the UW schools. Aren't they also the school that allows instate tuition waivers to 14 or so different states?

While its cool to have won a championship in Football, Baseball and Men's BB in the same year it has to raise some flags.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
My alma matter hasn't won a football game in years. UW-Superior. Wait, that's right, they cancelled the football program after...........................not winning a football game in years. When I went I think our record was like 0-42. Which was usually the score of the games.

OP
OP
Hincha

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My alma matter hasn't won a football game in years. UW-Superior. Wait, that's right, they cancelled the football program after...........................not winning a football game in years. When I went I think our record was like 0-42. Which was usually the score of the games.

When did they cancel the football program?

I remember when I was at Whitewater, "Tree Gordon" was on the basketball team, he was on their National Championship team of 1989 and later played with Globetrotters. Guy was dumb as a box of rocks, he was also suspended for several games year after championship for cold cocking a UW Superior player in the face (big time cheap shot).

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
When did they cancel the football program?

I remember when I was at Whitewater, "Tree Gordon" was on the basketball team, he was on their National Championship team of 1989 and later played with Globetrotters. Guy was dumb as a box of rocks, he was also suspended for several games year after championship for cold cocking a UW Superior player in the face (big time cheap shot).
They dropped it in 1992. Just after the start of the season. Hard to keep a football team when the school itself only has about 2,000 students. Hell, my High school was as big.

Members online

Latest posts