Whispers....

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Since the author doesn't want the article posted, he is a summary.. or go to the site and read all of it.

Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!

> Could Pickett be on the way out in 2008?
> Signing Scotty Wells to a long term deal a mistake?
> Packers watching a Priest?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
interesting rumors.

I hate it when we have too many above-average O-linemen! And D-linemen too! lol.

Holmes could be interesting, but he wouldn't be carrying the load. Would be neat.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am amazed and disappointed that this rumor on Wells got out, IF there's any truth to it. It's very bad for morale. That said, if Spitz is a better center, he should be in that spot. But could Moll, or Palmer or even Barbre handle the RG spot? I feel bad for Wells...he was my favorite pick that year and he's a solid, stable guy. Family man. In any event, he's got his contract and won't be cut. The season is early so there is still time to move Spitz and get everyone up to speed. If it improves our OL, I'm all for it. Too much of our success depends on it.

Reaction score
Would it really be that hard to cut Wells though?

We're currently like 13 million under the cap, and the cap is set to rise big time next off season.

If, and that is a big if, Ted is so desperate to shed Wells, he shouldn't have to worry about any financial ramifications from such a move, since we've got loads of cap space.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we be desperate to cut a solid (as the one article says 'above average) O-lineman just because someone might be better?

I love having this problem.

Best.Problem.Ever.

Latest posts