Whining is amazing

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just spent some time at both the Journal-Sentinel and the Press Gazette comment section doing a little reality check for some of the "fans" at each site.

I noticed during the recent winning streak that things were very quiet...cricket quiet. The Packers lose a game and out of the woodwork comes the "fire everybody" crowd.

Here's a few things to remember, this coming from a five-decade fan.
1)We're lucky to have a team. Never forget that. Duluth, Mn. is the same size as Green Bay.
2)The Packers are the winningest, or near the top, in victories in the league since 1992. That's nearly two decades of far more wins than losses.
3)We've seen some of the greatest players who have ever played the game come to a team once called the "Siberia of the NFL".
4)We have a global fan base because of who we ARE, not who we AREN'T.
4) 8 starters from last year's team, more than 1/3 of the starters, are on injured reserve. Several other key backups are there, too. We have a street free agent starting at one linebacker spot.
5) We are blessed to have one of a handful of elite QB's on our roster for years to come.
6) The Packers defense has a player who just might be the NFL Defensive Player of the year, and the squad is ranked among the elite.
7) How would you like to be a Lions fan? Or a Cowboys fan? Or a Buffalo fan?

The Atlanta Falcons are a good football team. There are very good football teams all over the NFL, including the Green Bay Packers. But if Aaron holds onto the ball, it's a Packers victory yesterday. Football is a game of inches.

I could go on, but hopefully you get the point.
I've really grown weary of every time the Packers lose a game, a large number of folks go completely off the deep end. The Packers are going to lose games. But this team is rich in talent and is capable of beating any team. They are also capable of losing to any team, as is every other team in the league. Remember the Packers beating the Jets 9-0?

Lets stop the whining. The Packers lost. Bring on the 49'ers.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
It's only natural for us to be upset after such a tough loss. Especially one that has implications for the NFC playoff race. I think we all REALLY wanted that win, even though, in the end, the loss isn't that big a deal. Deep down, we all know that it's not a big deal and that we're clearly still in the race for the NFCC. When your team is competitive, sometimes it's hard to remember that football is a game and for that reason, nothing is absolute (see the 2007 New England Patriots).

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was whining at first but when we tied the game,and came through no more whing,why they play a good game not great but good,yes it is a loss but think they will bounce back.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wow. Nice post. I delivered the Milwaukee Journal in the 1950's (the Sentinel was a morning paper...couldn't get up that early). Then in the 1990's , I got two Press Gazette routes so my sons can learn about having a job. I could not wake those kids up on Sunday morning.

You must be about my age..First game I went to Nov. 16, 1958. I was 12-years old. So 50 years of memories. One of those kids graduates as a Pharmacist in May, the other enters medical school next year. But that is minor, they live in Arizona, but love the city of Green Bay and they love the Green Bay Packers!

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Great post!!! It is 1 game people... We cant win them all!!! Calm down and lets get ready for the Niners!!! I dont see the Packers losing more than 2 games in this 5 game stretch which would put us at 10-6... Im thinking that we will go 11-5 but hey we could reel off a 5 game winning streak and go 12-4... Whatever it is... i just hope that we dont get snuffed out of the playoffs with a record better than 10-6 like the Patriots in 2007... That would really suck balls!!!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's only natural for us to be upset after such a tough loss. Especially one that has implications for the NFC playoff race. I think we all REALLY wanted that win, even though, in the end, the loss isn't that big a deal. Deep down, we all know that it's not a big deal and that we're clearly still in the race for the NFCC. When your team is competitive, sometimes it's hard to remember that football is a game and for that reason, nothing is absolute (see the 2007 New England Patriots).

Of course everyone is going to be upset. I would say if a loss doesn't bother you, you are either the Lions' fan and used to it or you are not really a fan. What is silly is the 'fans' who want to through TT or MM under the bus a soon as something goes wrong.

I was upset that our run game was so pathetic, but I also realize that our passing game and our defense are amazing so TT and MM are overall both doing well.

I was in the live chat for the first time ever and was amazed that someone was actually calling for TT and MM's head, saying basically the season was over - before the end of the game. I got sarcastic and suggested that AR should be cut and Flynn given the reigns, pinning the entire loss on ARs fumble. And, in my opinion, AR doesn't fumble and we score a TD, we win the game. It is, of course, stupid to judge AR on one small mistake, especially in a game where he played absolutely brilliantly. It is just as foolish and short sighted to immediately call for the heads of the GM and HC after a loss when the Packers are still one of the better teams in the NFL.

And really, if Rodgers doesn't fumble, we beat one of the top NFC teams in their house. We would probably be on top of all NFC teams in power polls right now.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Wow. Nice post. I delivered the Milwaukee Journal in the 1950's (the Sentinel was a morning paper...couldn't get up that early). Then in the 1990's , I got two Press Gazette routes so my sons can learn about having a job. I could not wake those kids up on Sunday morning.

You must be about my age..First game I went to Nov. 16, 1958. I was 12-years old. So 50 years of memories. One of those kids graduates as a Pharmacist in May, the other enters medical school next year. But that is minor, they live in Arizona, but love the city of Green Bay and they love the Green Bay Packers!
Haha, I had a Journal route too. Had to get up Sunday morning though with that huge paper. I had a red Radio Flyer wagon with an innertube attacked to the handle to help pull it through snow piles.
I used to listen to the Packers on the radio in the 60's since we only had one TV and Dad didn't care much about sports except hunting. A pack of football cards was a nickel which was our weekly allowance. My brother and I switched each week buying candy or cards. You shared the candy but kept the cards you got that week.
So we always had candy and always had Packers.
Daughter is a dental hygienist, her husband is a Marine recruiter in Wisconsin (two tours in Iraq), son is studying electrical engineering.
My son in law is a Browns and OSU fan, I guess I can't have it all.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who here remembers the Giants and Patriots games in the end of November in 2007?
At that time, Dallas and the Packers were CLEARLY the cream of the crop in the NFC.

The next year, Arizona limped in to win that crappy NFC West.
They played Matt Ryan & Michael Turner in that wildcard game (2008) and the experts said that the Cardinals were the worst playoff team in memory. 88% of the betting public had Atlanta in that game (including me).
Well Arizona beat them, won 2 more games, and then almost won the Super Bowl over Pittsburgh.

Last year, New Orleans and Indianapolis seemed the best, and they were. But I think this same week, Dallas went to New Orleans on primetime, and spanked the Saints in the Superdome with an injured DeMarcus Ware.

The point is, people say you need to peak, this and that. We peaked last year, but still lose in the playoff opener.

This was just a loss yesterday, and as long as we take care of business coming in, win 3 minimum, 4 most likely, and 5 possible, we have a chance in January. January is when it really matters.

We're good. Our OL is soft though, and our special teams is A*T*R*O*C*I*O*U*S. Girly I might say, but we have some females here and I don't want to offend you. But how many girls here would want to play on special teams? Outside of war, that's the most dangerous job.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts