Which Team(s) Are Most Likely To Regress From Winning Records Last Year To Losing Ones This Year?

Which Team(s) Are Going To Regress?

• Detroit Lions

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Oakland Raiders

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Tennessee Titans

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Lawdhamercy.

Clearly I was referring to a healthy Aaron Rodgers. And given that the man hasn't finished a season below .500 since his 1st season in the league, I think it's pretty silly to suggest that 7-9 is a realistic finishing record.

If some want to engage on hypotheticals when figuring what the final record will be, then go ahead. I'll logically assume he's going to be available for 16 games.

Considering Rodgers has been IRed or missed over half the season twice in his career it's not so much a hypothetical is kind of my point

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Lawdhamercy.

Clearly I was referring to a healthy Aaron Rodgers. And given that the man hasn't finished a season below .500 since his 1st season in the league, I think it's pretty silly to suggest that 7-9 is a realistic finishing record.

If some want to engage on hypotheticals when figuring what the final record will be, then go ahead. I'll logically assume he's going to be available for 16 games.

and I'm not saying it WILL happen, or that I want it to happen, it's just a legit concern

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Considering Rodgers has been IRed or missed over half the season twice in his career it's not so much a hypothetical is kind of my point
He NEVER missed over half the season and was IR'd for the final few games as a backup. BOTH times, the Packers made the playoffs with winning records.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that they are an improvement, as a unit, over the unit of Cook and Rodgers (mostly because, Rodgers, amirite?). As an individual player, neither impresses me all that much more, and I'm not sure that we will suddenly become an uber successful multi-TE usage unit either. This is why I will remain unconvinced until I see it on the field.

I have a tough time understanding that you agree that Bennett and Kendricks are an upgrade as a unit but seemingly don't consider them better individual players than Cook and Rodgers.

When I see our Defense having to AGAIN draft 2 corners after doing it within the last 2 years, when I see no viable QB of the future (Hundley might be the guy might not be) when I see us struggling at ILB, and when I see both guards from the 2015 season gone, and us MAYBE having a running back, I worry that WE'RE the team to regress to 7-9 or further.

You're an optimst, eh???

7-9 and Aaron Rodgers just don't go together.

While I don't believe there's any chance the Packers finish with a record below .500 this seaaon by any means the team went 8-12 in the regular season over a 20 game span from week 8 of the 2015 season until week 11 last year with Rodgers lbeing healthy.

But as I mentioned, this is because we all thought Rodgers's crappy play was going to stop at the end of 2015. Turns out that didn't quite happen. But MM seems to have fixed the problem of WRs getting open and Adams addressing the drop issues. Despite a tough loss in the NFCCG, my feeling is Rodgers is going to pick up where he left off in his run the table play, and so long as Jordy and Cobb stay healthy this season, I'm expecting the offense to look like the well-oiled machine we were missing at the outset of last season.

I predicted the Packers to win 12 games this season in the dedicated thread but am well aware it's definitely possible the team finishes with a worse record for yet inknown reasons.

Never said he was IRed as a starter. and he DID miss 9 games with the collar bone.

FWIW Rodgers missed seven full games during the 2013 season.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Never said he was IRed as a starter. and he DID miss 9 games with the collar bone.
Per pro football reference in 2013 Aaron Rodgers started 9 games. Let's see, 16 game season minus 9 starts leaves, hmm less than 8 for sure. I'll go with 7 games missed plus the portion he was lost in.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
While I don't believe there's any chance the Packers finish with a record below .500 this seaaon by any means the team went 8-12 in the regular season over a 20 game span from week 8 of the 2015 season until week 11 last year with Rodgers lbeing healthy.
Hmm. Interesting. All I see since 2010 is:

11-5
15-1
11-5
6-3
12-4
10-6
10-6

Aaron Rodgers will not go a full NFL season with a 7-9 record if he stays vertical.

Reaction score
I have a tough time understanding that you agree that Bennett and Kendricks are an upgrade as a unit but seemingly don't consider them better individual players than Cook and Rodgers.
Not Rodgers, just Cook. Rodgers has great hands and nothing else. He can leave the team and we would be no worse off.

Cook showed enough in this offense to be considered towards the top of the TE game given time and usage. I have to imagine that both Bennett and Kendricks will also, as individuals, show to be at that same place. I do not have faith that the team will use TWO of those individuals in a force-multiplier type situation.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Cook showed enough in this offense to be considered towards the top of the TE game given time and usage. I have to imagine that both Bennett and Kendricks will also, as individuals, show to be at that same place. I do not have faith that the team will use TWO of those individuals in a force-multiplier type situation.

When he was actually on the field, which was not much because of injuries.

Reaction score
I know he made an amazing catch to win the divisions outright. But does no one remember the pass he dropped two plays before?
And the drop in the Redskins game that sealed our fate.

It's like I said that I found a nice, fast car for sale, and you pointed out that one time it backfired once.

Sure, he dropped some passes, but he also showed incredible ability both in terms of what we are used to at the position, and even a few times in terms of the top guys in the league at TE.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hmm. Interesting. All I see since 2010 is:

11-5
15-1
11-5
6-3
12-4
10-6
10-6

Aaron Rodgers will not go a full NFL season with a 7-9 record if he stays vertical.

Once again, I definitely don't expect the Packers to finish below .500 by any means but it's a fact the team lost 12 out of 20 games with Rodgers starting in 2015 and '16.

Not Rodgers, just Cook. Rodgers has great hands and nothing else. He can leave the team and we would be no worse off.

I don't believe the Packers will use a ton of two tight ends set either but in my opinion the team is significantly more versatile at the position with Bennett and Kendricks on the roster.

I know he made an amazing catch to win the divisions outright. But does no one remember the pass he dropped two plays before?

There's no doubt Cook performed at a high level during the playoffs, catching 18 passes for 229 yards and two touchdowns in only three games.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Once again, I definitely don't expect the Packers to finish below .500 by any means but it's a fact the team lost 12 out of 20 games with Rodgers starting in 2015 and '16.
And that wasn't my point from the beginning, you took what I was saying and changed the narrative just to take a contrarian stance. I simply said that Aaron Rodgers and 7-9 do not belong in the same sentence because he has not finished a season with a winning percentage below 62% since his first year as a starter.

I'm well aware of the 8-12 stretch you're alluding to. But it's not in Aaron Rodgers' DNA to finish a season below .500, as evidenced by his level of play elevating to possibly the best football he's played in his career in order to make certain that he didn't miss the playoffs when the team was sitting at 4-6.

I said Aaron Rodgers and 7-9 do not belong in the same sentence, and backed it up with his finishing records by season. I made a claim, which was supported by an undisputed fact.

:)

Reaction score
And that wasn't my point from the beginning, you took what I was saying and changed the narrative just to take a contrarian stance. I simply said that Aaron Rodgers and 7-9 do not belong in the same sentence because he has not finished a season with a winning percentage below 62% since his first year as a starter.

I'm well aware of the 8-12 stretch you're alluding to. But it's not in Aaron Rodgers' DNA to finish a season below .500, as evidenced by his level of play elevating to possibly the best football he's played in his career in order to make certain that he didn't miss the playoffs when the team was sitting at 4-6.

I said Aaron Rodgers and 7-9 do not belong in the same sentence, and backed it up with his finishing records by season. I made a claim, which was supported by an undisputed fact.

:)
Well, I certainly can't argue against that scientific position.

H

HardRightEdge

I'll go out on a limb and say "Cowboys" but that was not presented as an option.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, maybe I'll give some credit to those who picked Miami considering Jay Cutler could be their guy this year.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
6 Games is quite alot. Also that makes our game easier without him.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My assessment did not have anything to do with an Elliot suspension, though that certainly adds to the argument.

I know, but I just figured with him getting the full year to play they were about a 9-7 team. I think him getting suspended now makes them a 7-9 or 6-10 team. Prescott's going to be getting hit a lot back there now.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts