Which team is the more lovable to America?

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Brandon Underwood still on this team? He was accused of **** this past offseason and Matt Flynn, Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, Korey Hall, Josh Sitton, and Khalil Jones get brought in because the women said they held them down. Do you cheer for them?

Classy? So, if Packer players get accused, they stay classy? Really? Six thugs hold her down and one has his way and they stay classy? LOL. Oh wait, those are just accusations. Ben Roethlisberger had ummm, wait, what, accusations as well.

You should really do your homework before trying to gloat.

No charges were brought against the Packers because the women kept changing their statements. One of which was that they admitted no one actually held them down and that Underwood was the only one in the room with them. If guilty of anything, Underwood was guilty of supreme stupidity for going to a room with 2 known prostitutes.

Personally, I don't consider James Harrison a dirty player and he's had more fines than Nick Collins. But whatever works for you I suppose.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To put things in perspective, there were 10 teams in 1933, half of which weren't worth a crap. How hard was it to win a championship back then. Football then doesn't even compare to todays version. 1933 NFL season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Football then doesnt compare? Well football from the 70s doesnt either. Ray Lewis would have murdered (no pun intended) the steelers of the 70s. But really if it was such a joke why did it take 40 years for someone to break don hutsons record of TD catches when Hutson played in an era that wasnt pass happy like todays standard? Today has better athletes but also alot more available to them to help them be better athletes. Find me someone of note who agrees with you and I will find you 50 of note who think thats an idiotic way of thinking.

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No charges were brought against the Packers because the women kept changing their statements. One of which was that they admitted no one actually held them down and that Underwood was the only one in the room with them. If guilty of anything, Underwood was guilty of supreme stupidity for going to a room with 2 known prostitutes.

Personally, I don't consider James Harrison a dirty player and he's had more fines than Nick Collins. But whatever works for you I suppose.
Well, no charges were brought against Ben either.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Well, no charges were brought against Ben either.

True. But he put himself in bad situations multiple times in multiple jurisdictions in a pretty irresponsible manner that resulted in law enforcement getting involved.

Goodell will be all over that like white on rice using the "personal conduct policy" because it reflects badly on the league. THAT is why Ben got punished by the league.

EJ Blitz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Steelers have more recognizable players on their squad and have won a lot recently therefore, people are quick to hop on them. However the Packers would be more lovable because no one wants to see one team win it all constantly i.e Patriots. The Steelers are reaching that territory, everyone wants to see them lose.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which team is more lovable? If you count population areas near the NFL franchise Green Bay is outnumbered. But most of the midwest is made up of small towns. In my own life, when Lombardi put Green Bay on the map, people from these small towns fell in love with the Packers. Every home game there would be people from Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming that would make the long trip without a guarantee that they would get tickets much less lodging. My parents would let these people stay in their home when I and my brothers were in the military. WE ARE AMERICAS TEAM!!!!!

T

TMC

LMAO. I do my homework. That is the point. See, when a Packer fan takes a backhand swipe at another team, everyone here just allows it to happen. It does not matter if it is based on fact or not.

Is Hines Ward dirty? Funny, all those hits he made were not flagged. He was not fined. They were within the rules of the game. Now that they have invoked the "Hines Ward" rule, he has still not been flagged or fined. Does he play tough? Absolutely. When asked, he states that DBs are more than willing to light him up when he makes a catch and they want to cry when he makes a block? I actually think it is pretty funny. Defensive players always want to do the hitting, never want to get hit.

As for Harrison, the Vince Young penalty was crap. Harrison and two other players have him wrapped up. Harrison is trying to get him down. He lifts his legs and the other players weight drive him into the ground. Why was there no whistle? He was in the grasp. What if they stop, let him go, and he throws it for 50 yards? The hit on MoMass, they never touched helmets. They flagged him for a forearm and fined him $75,000 because it was his 2nd offense. Does he play hard? Absolutely. Ryan Clark was flagged for hitting a guy in the numbers with his shoulder. They called it helmet to helmet. The Steelers have the rap of being dirty because they tell you if they are getting screwed. When it happens to Matthews or Collins (again), you will scream too.

As for the **** allegations, I fully realize that the women changed their story and all the players are, most likely, innocent. I doubt Brandon Underwood ***** anyone. But, I also know that in Ben's civil **** suit in Nevada, the woman bragged to co-workers about having sex with him and even stated she hoped she was pregnant. Sorry, people who have been ***** don't do that.

In the 2nd case, the girl changed her story multiple times. They released the tapes. She could not even tell them details. They asked her how they were positioned and other details. She could not give answers and when she finally gave them, they bordered on ridiculous. Her first interview, she gives one story. Then 2nd interview, it changes. Her friends tell one story. The bartender and managers of the club tell something completely different.

I do my homework. That is why I do not make baseless accusations that "my team is not filled with thugs" implying other teams are.

Do the Steelers have 53 choirboys? Hardly. But, no NFL team does. For that matter, no business in the US does.

Now, which team is more lovable? I would easily state the Packers. The Steelers have been on top or near the top for a long time. Even though they were not winning Super Bowls, they fought with the Pats in the AFC Championship game for years. Then, they broke through. Unless you follow guys like Hines, Harrison, or Ben on a regular basis, they probably rub you wrong. But, as fans of this team, we get to see photos of them in children's hospitals on their day off. I know that Ben pays for vests for police dogs in the cities where they play. I know that Ben ran a charity football camp for kids and bowed out after the allegations, but still stopped by to sign things for the kids. Mike Tomlin stepped in for him. Ben also headed a charity camp for Special Olympics Athletes. Hines Ward has a charity to help kids that are of Korean heritage. James Harrison has a charity and does charitable work. Then you have guys like Troy Polamalu, Randle El, Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Max Starks, James Farrior, Larry Foote, and the like that have never had an inkling of trouble and are always involved in charitable work.

Thugs? Hardly. They work hard and they play the game hard. I guess when you see Matthews round the corner, you just want him to hug Ben until he falls gently to the ground.

People always want to focus on the press 2-3 guys get and dismiss the whole team. Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

T

TMC

So was halas but they won. Basically the steelers sucked in a league you deemed easy to win in bc of it's size.

I do think it was easier to win it all before the AFC merged, but that does not change the fact that the Steelers fielded bad teams.

But, I was not even alive back then, so it really does not bother me. I mean, if I am talking to someone from England, I am not going to brag about winning the war. I was young when the Steelers won their first Super Bowl. The last three.....soon to be three....are much more gratifying.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do think it was easier to win it all before the AFC merged, but that does not change the fact that the Steelers fielded bad teams.

But, I was not even alive back then, so it really does not bother me. I mean, if I am talking to someone from England, I am not going to brag about winning the war. I was young when the Steelers won their first Super Bowl. The last three.....soon to be three....are much more gratifying.

Excuse me, but I was alive "back then", went to my first game in 1958, so don't dis the championships won before the SB era. Thank you. :)

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really get the whole "the AFL was a competing league and anything before the merger was a joke". the AFL was a league started by guys that wanted to get into the NFL but couldn't so they started their own league that wasn't all that good and the reason why the AFL started poaching players off the NFL which lead to the talks between Hunt and Schramm.

wasn't till the two leagues agreed to the common draft that the AFL started to be good and they won SB 3&4.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excuse me, but I was alive "back then", went to my first game in 1958, so don't dis the championships won before the SB era. Thank you. :)

and I thought I was old. Just kidding. It's great to have something to love for all those years. I was born when you went to your first game. My Dad took me to see my first game in 1968 when the Steelers played in Pitt Stadium. Good times. :happy0005:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

so your saying because the championships werent relevant to you to you they dont really count? Glad the NFL disagrees. 12x NFL Champions anyway you slice it son.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wait a minute, didn't Mark Chmura and Brett Farve play for the Packers when they were getting high school girl's drunk and cheating on their wives? You cheered those guys when they were here.

Isn't Brandon Underwood still on this team? He was accused of **** this past offseason and Matt Flynn, Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, Korey Hall, Josh Sitton, and Khalil Jones get brought in because the women said they held them down. Do you cheer for them?

Classy? So, if Packer players get accused, they stay classy? Really? Six thugs hold her down and one has his way and they stay classy? LOL. Oh wait, those are just accusations. Ben Roethlisberger had ummm, wait, what, accusations as well.

Didn't the Packers just get popped a few seasons ago for putting bounties on players?

Didn't Nick Collins get a $50,000 fine? What a dirty player.

The Packers, prior to this season, were on of the worst penalized teams in the NFL.

Why does no one talk about this? Because you have not done anything in a decade. Let a QB get accused of ****** assault, it is in every paper. But, 5 months later, let a little known DB and 6 other players get accused of holding a woman down and ****** her, nobody hears about it.

Stay Classy Green Bay.:happy0005:

Study your history. Mark Chmura (a pro bowl TE, was released by the Packers) after charges were filed. James Lofton, a HOF wide receiver was traded by the Packers because of two accusations, That shows me some class.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I don't really get the whole "the AFL was a competing league and anything before the merger was a joke". the AFL was a league started by guys that wanted to get into the NFL but couldn't so they started their own league that wasn't all that good and the reason why the AFL started poaching players off the NFL which lead to the talks between Hunt and Schramm.

wasn't till the two leagues agreed to the common draft that the AFL started to be good and they won SB 3&4.
Although to be fair to the AFL, they brought a lot of Offensive innovations into the league. :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Steeler fans knew their history they would bring up the golden boys suspension (they quickly rush to wikipedia to figure out what I am talking about lol)

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
If Steeler fans knew their history they would bring up the golden boys suspension (they quickly rush to wikipedia to figure out what I am talking about lol)

If the Steeler fans knew their recent history, they'd know their former team doctor only a few short years ago got nailed for buying $150,000 dollars worth of undetectible PEDs. I'm just sayin.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Steeler fans knew their recent history, they'd know their former team doctor only a few short years ago got nailed for buying $150,000 dollars worth of undetectible PEDs. I'm just sayin.

They are too busy talking about rumors involving clay and steroids. Trolls.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO. I do my homework. That is the point. See, when a Packer fan takes a backhand swipe at another team, everyone here just allows it to happen. It does not matter if it is based on fact or not.

Is Hines Ward dirty? Funny, all those hits he made were not flagged. He was not fined. They were within the rules of the game. Now that they have invoked the "Hines Ward" rule, he has still not been flagged or fined. Does he play tough? Absolutely. When asked, he states that DBs are more than willing to light him up when he makes a catch and they want to cry when he makes a block? I actually think it is pretty funny. Defensive players always want to do the hitting, never want to get hit.

As for Harrison, the Vince Young penalty was crap. Harrison and two other players have him wrapped up. Harrison is trying to get him down. He lifts his legs and the other players weight drive him into the ground. Why was there no whistle? He was in the grasp. What if they stop, let him go, and he throws it for 50 yards? The hit on MoMass, they never touched helmets. They flagged him for a forearm and fined him $75,000 because it was his 2nd offense. Does he play hard? Absolutely. Ryan Clark was flagged for hitting a guy in the numbers with his shoulder. They called it helmet to helmet. The Steelers have the rap of being dirty because they tell you if they are getting screwed. When it happens to Matthews or Collins (again), you will scream too.

As for the **** allegations, I fully realize that the women changed their story and all the players are, most likely, innocent. I doubt Brandon Underwood ***** anyone. But, I also know that in Ben's civil **** suit in Nevada, the woman bragged to co-workers about having sex with him and even stated she hoped she was pregnant. Sorry, people who have been ***** don't do that.

In the 2nd case, the girl changed her story multiple times. They released the tapes. She could not even tell them details. They asked her how they were positioned and other details. She could not give answers and when she finally gave them, they bordered on ridiculous. Her first interview, she gives one story. Then 2nd interview, it changes. Her friends tell one story. The bartender and managers of the club tell something completely different.

I do my homework. That is why I do not make baseless accusations that "my team is not filled with thugs" implying other teams are.

Do the Steelers have 53 choirboys? Hardly. But, no NFL team does. For that matter, no business in the US does.

Now, which team is more lovable? I would easily state the Packers. The Steelers have been on top or near the top for a long time. Even though they were not winning Super Bowls, they fought with the Pats in the AFC Championship game for years. Then, they broke through. Unless you follow guys like Hines, Harrison, or Ben on a regular basis, they probably rub you wrong. But, as fans of this team, we get to see photos of them in children's hospitals on their day off. I know that Ben pays for vests for police dogs in the cities where they play. I know that Ben ran a charity football camp for kids and bowed out after the allegations, but still stopped by to sign things for the kids. Mike Tomlin stepped in for him. Ben also headed a charity camp for Special Olympics Athletes. Hines Ward has a charity to help kids that are of Korean heritage. James Harrison has a charity and does charitable work. Then you have guys like Troy Polamalu, Randle El, Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Max Starks, James Farrior, Larry Foote, and the like that have never had an inkling of trouble and are always involved in charitable work.

Thugs? Hardly. They work hard and they play the game hard. I guess when you see Matthews round the corner, you just want him to hug Ben until he falls gently to the ground.

People always want to focus on the press 2-3 guys get and dismiss the whole team. Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

Nice try but if you knew as much as you say you do you wouldn't post "baseless accusations" that could be shot down so easily because you really didn't know the facts.

Again, I didn't take a swipe at Ben, Harrison, Hines Ward or any other Steeler for that matter so no need to try and sell me on what great guys they are.

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. But he put himself in bad situations multiple times in multiple jurisdictions in a pretty irresponsible manner that resulted in law enforcement getting involved.

Goodell will be all over that like white on rice using the "personal conduct policy" because it reflects badly on the league. THAT is why Ben got punished by the league.
Only once and charges were never filed, get your story strait, the chick out in Nevada was a wack job who filed a civil suit against Ben a year or so after it was supposedly committed., criminal charges were never filed

Members online

Latest posts