Which team is the more lovable to America?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I see a glaring problem with the survey at first glance. Lovable?
Seriously. Lovable? What the hell does that even mean? I'm sure Vince Lombardi would never call any of his Teams "Lovable". Hell, the Cubbies are known as the "Lovable Losers" .Lombardi Teams were some of the toughest hombres ever to play in the NFL. Are you trying to say the Packers are a bunch of Choir Boys? Come on... Personally I'd take "Lovable" as a friggen insult. Grasp at it as you may,Incubes.

I've grasped it as I'm going to grasp it. You putting words in my mouth isn't going to change it. At face value bud, it says the Packers are more loved than the Steelers. It must strike a chord with you if you're reading it any other way.

Also, I'm not sure what survey you read, but the one I linked to rated Americas "favorite" team.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PX0xYgm0QQ]YouTube - Superbowl 30 *** Trophy Presentation Dallas Cowboys beat Pittsburgh Steelers[/ame]
this is my tribute to the mighty unstoppable steelers

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't like the Steelers. Never have, and never will.

But I don't hate them because of their fans.

Every fan base is loaded with fools and loud mouths, and of course band wagoners. Every Sport fan base in America. I have not seen one that is perfect.

There's always going to be trash talk, I also enjoy to make an idiot of myself with trash talking in times, but I don't think a whole fan base should be named after one person (or one group of people) a fan base of big mouth idiots.

I HATE the Dallas Cowboys, and when I was young I thought all of their fans were the same. Arrogant band wagon fans that love to brag about them. I was wrong when I got older. After working a job and dealing with 3 die hard Cowboys fans every day for a few years, i grew a respect for them. Not all fans are the same. There is good people in this world, and good people even if they root for the team you hate.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO!!!!!

They've counted "numbers of fight songs on youtube" as a reason why Steelers fans have the edge????? And they they start talking about some individual fans????

More crapper than capper to me (see what I did there????). They simply couldn't handle that the Wall Street Journal gave the edge to the Packers, so they started making up criteria to back up their thesis. SOLID journalism right there.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't like the Steelers. Never have, and never will.

But I don't hate them because of their fans.

Every fan base is loaded with fools and loud mouths, and of course band wagoners. Every Sport fan base in America. I have not seen one that is perfect.

I've heard a lot of trash talking from my Steelers fan family members, but it's all in good fun. It drives me crazy, but that's what family is for.

As for bandwagons, we'll see a lot of them rooting for the Packers now. I noticed some Packers stuff I had on my wish list on Amazon for quite some time is now sold out or unavailable. We should probably be thankful for all the "bandwagon business" that sends lots of money back to the Pack.

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO!!!!!

They've counted "numbers of fight songs on youtube" as a reason why Steelers fans have the edge????? And they they start talking about some individual fans????

More crapper than capper to me (see what I did there????). They simply couldn't handle that the Wall Street Journal gave the edge to the Packers, so they started making up criteria to back up their thesis. SOLID journalism right there.
You mean kinda like couting all those championships from the early 1900's. It's all in fun dude, chill.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean kinda like couting all those championships from the early 1900's. It's all in fun dude, chill.
You thinking counting pre-SB championships and ranking fanbases by number of war songs on youtube are equivalent just furthers the notion that Steelers fans have no clue...

I know, I know, shouldn't limp all Steelers fans together. But with posts like that, it's hard...

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

And there you have it, folks. NFL history started when the Steelers started succeeding.

Do you guys take a class in this or something? I would have thought your team was founded in 1970, the way you guys talk. You were right there in 1933, along with everyone else - why couldn't you win even one in all those years?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's safe to "say" that we can all agree (Stealers fans reluctantly) that all of America and fans around the world wants to see the Packers win.

T

TMC

Nah. I dont' hate the Steelers because of their success. I hate the Steelers because a majority of their fans I've had the dubious pleasure of becoming aquainted with over the years have all loved thug players, and love the idea of "taking out" an opponents best players in order to win, and being ok with that. I hate the Steelers because of fans that talk tough, then whine like *****es when they lose; I hate the Steelers because of players like Harrison and Ward - two of the dirtiest cheapshotting players in the league etc. I hate the Steelers because they will try to make a guy like Big Ben out to be the best guy in the world, off-the-field stuff notwithstanding.

I never used to hate the Steelers. It's only been in recent years that I have come to.

Trust me - if the Packers remain the classy, non-trash talking, non-thug team they have been, no one will hate them, no matter what success they have.

Wait a minute, didn't Mark Chmura and Brett Farve play for the Packers when they were getting high school girl's drunk and cheating on their wives? You cheered those guys when they were here.

Isn't Brandon Underwood still on this team? He was accused of **** this past offseason and Matt Flynn, Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, Korey Hall, Josh Sitton, and Khalil Jones get brought in because the women said they held them down. Do you cheer for them?

Classy? So, if Packer players get accused, they stay classy? Really? Six thugs hold her down and one has his way and they stay classy? LOL. Oh wait, those are just accusations. Ben Roethlisberger had ummm, wait, what, accusations as well.

Didn't the Packers just get popped a few seasons ago for putting bounties on players?

Didn't Nick Collins get a $50,000 fine? What a dirty player.

The Packers, prior to this season, were on of the worst penalized teams in the NFL.

Why does no one talk about this? Because you have not done anything in a decade. Let a QB get accused of ****** assault, it is in every paper. But, 5 months later, let a little known DB and 6 other players get accused of holding a woman down and ****** her, nobody hears about it.

Stay Classy Green Bay.:happy0005:

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait a minute, didn't Mark Chmura and Brett Farve play for the Packers when they were getting high school girl's drunk and cheating on their wives? You cheered those guys when they were here.

Isn't Brandon Underwood still on this team? He was accused of **** this past offseason and Matt Flynn, Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, Korey Hall, Josh Sitton, and Khalil Jones get brought in because the women said they held them down. Do you cheer for them?

Classy? So, if Packer players get accused, they stay classy? Really? Six thugs hold her down and one has his way and they stay classy? LOL. Oh wait, those are just accusations. Ben Roethlisberger had ummm, wait, what, accusations as well.

Didn't the Packers just get popped a few seasons ago for putting bounties on players?

The Packers, prior to this season, were on of the worst penalized teams in the NFL.

Why does no one talk about this? Because you have not done anything in a decade. Let a QB get accused of ****** assault, it is in every paper. But, 5 months later, let a little known DB and 6 other players get accused of holding a woman down and ****** her, nobody hears about it.

You can discuss this in other threads that have already been done to death, take it to the smack area, or start a thread on this somewhere else. Preferably a Steelers forum/message board.

Bringing it up here was the wrong thing to do.
And don't get me started on making accusations of this or that being classy.
This thread is not the time or place for that.

Let's stay on topic.
The reminder is below.
Thanx.

Maybe I'm being too sheltered by just looking at Packers stuff by only being on here.
Even though there are a number of Stealers fans around the country (I guess) it just seems to me that the majority of America wants the Packers to win.
It's just a feeling I get.
Between the two teams, the Packers have much nicer guys who deserve to win more than the Stealers who just won a SB a couple years ago.
Am I off base with that feeling that America wants to see the Packers win this one?
Or does it seem like that to anyone else?
:scratch: :dontknow:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score

Actually, no I didn't cheer for them. :dwarf:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your the reason everyone hates Steeler fans.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've only really had interactions with fans of my own team overseas - but check out NFLUK's forum. I'm betting there are a lot of English Packer fans out there. :)

Been there and posted there....lots of Packer love in the UK:)

EDIT: Who else except a Packer fan would take his summer holiday and travel from Liverpool, England to little Green Bay, just to see the stadium and the hall of fame? Met him at at a "pub" in downtown Green Bay and blew my mind away!

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's safe to "say" that we can all agree (Stealers fans reluctantly) that all of America and fans around the world wants to see the Packers win.
To put things in perspective, there were 10 teams in 1933, half of which weren't worth a crap. How hard was it to win a championship back then. Football then doesn't even compare to todays version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1933_NFL_season

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can discuss this in other threads that have already been done to death, take it to the smack area, or start a thread on this somewhere else. Preferably a Steelers forum/message board.

Bringing it up here was the wrong thing to do.
And don't get me started on making accusations of this or that being classy.
This thread is not the time or place for that.

Let's stay on topic.
The reminder is below.
Thanx.
But it's ok to bring up stuff about Ben and expect no reaction from Steeler fans.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
EDIT: Who else except a Packer fan would take his summer holiday and travel from Liverpool, England to little Green Bay, just to see the stadium and the hall of fame? Met him at at a "pub" in downtown Green Bay and blew my mind away!

I know a couple of British Pats fans (yeah, we have fun with that, considering the team "theme" LOL) who have done that - it's gotta be pretty pricey. Good people, though. Them English seem to really love the American tackle football :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts