Which Team Is Really Actually Our Biggest Divisional Opponent Threat?

Which Team Is Really Actually Our Biggest Divisional Opponent Threat?

• Detroit

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Minny

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Chicago

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is still being discussed? There is no threat to the Packers within in the division. None, including the Vikings. Sorry Raptorman but until the Vikings actually do something, everything you say is just typical Viking fan hot air. By the way by do something I mean, win the division until that happens there is no reason for a Viking fan to be talking any kind of smack.

The only threat to the Packers in the division are the Packers. Period end of story.

Personally I don't mind what Raptor says, he's got a pretty good handle on things I think compared to some other Vikes fans I've talked to before.

@ Packerlover - I don't see how barely beating the Oakland Raiders and needing a Jamaal Charles injury to beat the Chiefs puts the Bears back in the mix. I expect they'll beat Detroit in close toilet bowl fashion next week only because the Lions are bad and Matthew Stafford is going to lose his starting job soon. But after that

vs Minny - (L) I could see Adrian Peterson running over the Bears defense and if Teddy simply manages that game, Vikes beat them.

at SD - (L) Chargers are bad on the road but put the Bears in SD, that's bad news for them.

at StL - (L) Bad matchup for the Bears' O-line against that defensive front and the Rams will likely be due for a high scoring output for their O.

vs Denver - (guaranteed L) Once again a bad matchup and Cutler is going to get hit a lot in this game, and that means Bears' loss.

Bringing them to Thanksgiving Night in Lambeau Field, not the scenario they want.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's talking about getting the 1 seed.

Atlanta might be a problem with that, to be honest. Their schedule is a cakewalk.

Yeah sorry I read it as division/conference, first handful of posts on this I mentioned no one is but the Pack themselves.. but conference wise it is those two.. One game at a time everyone.. Good start to the season. #gopackgo

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yeah sorry I read it as division/conference, first handful of posts on this I mentioned no one is but the Pack themselves.. but conference wise it is those two.. One game at a time everyone.. Good start to the season. #gopackgo

No foul, you're fairly new ;).

D

Deleted member 6794

I still think Chicago is our biggest concern within our division, they're 2 and 3 now and looking a little better. Detroit is finished and the Vikes still need to prove something to me.

The Bears aren´t even close to being a threat to the Packers in the NFC North. The Vikings will finish in second but several games behind Green Bay.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have a very easy 5 game stretch coming up - to go with a pretty easy first 4 games. They likely need to go 4-1 in those games to have a shot at the playoffs. That would give them three losses with games against the Cardinals, Falcons, Seahawks, Giants and two against the Packers and they do his to the Bears. You figure they would be happy to go 4-3 there.

I think the Vikings lost at least 2 of the next 5 since they have three road games and host the rams who I think are better. The Packers will know when they travel there in November if the Vikings are any sort of threat

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
This is still being discussed? There is no threat to the Packers within in the division. None, including the Vikings. Sorry Raptorman but until the Vikings actually do something, everything you say is just typical Viking fan hot air. By the way by do something I mean, win the division until that happens there is no reason for a Viking fan to be talking any kind of smack.

The only threat to the Packers in the division are the Packers. Period end of story.
Yup. Still being discussed. Sorry if I am not sold on the Packers, or any other undefeated team so far. After week 5 there are 5 undefeated teams. Total number of games these five teams have played in is 24. Total number of those games that were played against a team that is currently above .500. 2. Only the Patriots have played a team (Steelers and Bills) that is currently is above .500. Now, I am supposed to believe that the Seahawks are a quality team. But, they should be 1-4 not 2-3. They beat the Bears and beat the Lions on a blown call. But they are quality. So until the Packers play a team that is above .500, I am not going to concede them the division title. The last two weeks the Packers offense has only managed 17 ppg. While the defense has stepped up, the offense is, well, on Rodgers. How Rodgers play the Packers play. Shut him down and more than likely the Packers are beatable. But that's just a Vikings fan hot air. We can revisit this on Nov. 2nd and Nov 9th after the Packers play a couple of teams with winning records. It's very possible that the first game between the Vikings and the Packers will be for the Division lead.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say the past 2 weeks have shown that if you shut rodgers down, you don't shut the Packers down. It's a refreshing change

D

Deleted member 6794

Yup. Still being discussed. Sorry if I am not sold on the Packers, or any other undefeated team so far. After week 5 there are 5 undefeated teams. Total number of games these five teams have played in is 24. Total number of those games that were played against a team that is currently above .500. 2. Only the Patriots have played a team (Steelers and Bills) that is currently is above .500. Now, I am supposed to believe that the Seahawks are a quality team. But, they should be 1-4 not 2-3. They beat the Bears and beat the Lions on a blown call. But they are quality. So until the Packers play a team that is above .500, I am not going to concede them the division title. The last two weeks the Packers offense has only managed 17 ppg. While the defense has stepped up, the offense is, well, on Rodgers. How Rodgers play the Packers play. Shut him down and more than likely the Packers are beatable. But that's just a Vikings fan hot air. We can revisit this on Nov. 2nd and Nov 9th after the Packers play a couple of teams with winning records. It's very possible that the first game between the Vikings and the Packers will be for the Division lead.

Even if it makes you feel better believing the Seahawks aren't a quality team the Packers have won all of their games convincingly. The Vikings on the other side lost to a terrible 49ers squad as well as to Denver. There's absolutely no reason to believe they will be able to challenge the Packers for the division.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry if I am not sold on the Packers, or any other undefeated team so far.
OH NO!!!! How are Packers fans going to get a good night's sleep if Raptorman isn't sold on the Packers??!! C'mon everyone, let's convince him!! ... Or not.

Seriously, here's something that may shock you: Generally Packers fans will have a higher opinion of the Packers than fans of other teams. Likewise, (pity the poor) Vikings fans generally will have a higher opinion of the Vikings than fans of other teams.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do you really believe the stuff you type? The packers have won each game by 8 or more. Yes the offense has been sluggish the last two games but they have won both those games by 14 each time. Also you really think that game will be for the division lead? The Packers have 4 games against the Chargers, Lions, Panthers, and Broncos. As much as you might not believe in the Packers why do you believe in the Broncos? Their best win is probably the Vikings and they have been squeaking out every win. The Panthers best win is probably the Saints (jags, texans, saints, bucs that is a tough run).

So you believe the Packers will lost 2 of those 4 but you think the Vikings will go at least 4-1 when they havent beaten a single decent team. Viking fans want to act like the Chargers are good but they just lost to a Vick led Steelers team and should have lost the week before to the Browns. The Vikings other win is against the train wreck Lions. Sorry if we are not sold on the Vikings being a team that can go from being 2-2 with no quality wins and a bad loss to all the sudden ripping off a bunch of wins. Win a game on the road and then the Vikings can talk about playing for the division lead. I can see it now the Vikings are going to destroy the Charles-less Chiefs get cocky and then drop at least one of the next two road games.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears aren´t even close to being a threat to the Packers in the NFC North. The Vikings will finish in second but several games behind Green Bay.
It's still early in the season. Teams can turn it around and I have a feeling the Bears will. The vikings will fade and wind up 8 and 8

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I believe that the trio of Cardinals, Seahawks and Rams in the West are all stronger than any team in the conference, except for the Packers.

So, I am cheering for both the Falcons and Panthers to continue winning through their cakewalk seasons-- as long as the Packers just out-win them for home field advantage. That should ensure at least one wild card spot being taken in that rather weak division.

Then, I am hoping for one more team in the South, East or North to rise to the occasion. Ideally, no wild cards from the West.

Cowboys? Vikings? Bears? Bueller? Anyone?

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Do you really believe the stuff you type? The packers have won each game by 8 or more. Yes the offense has been sluggish the last two games but they have won both those games by 14 each time. Also you really think that game will be for the division lead? The Packers have 4 games against the Chargers, Lions, Panthers, and Broncos. As much as you might not believe in the Packers why do you believe in the Broncos? Their best win is probably the Vikings and they have been squeaking out every win. The Panthers best win is probably the Saints (jags, texans, saints, bucs that is a tough run).

So you believe the Packers will lost 2 of those 4 but you think the Vikings will go at least 4-1 when they havent beaten a single decent team. Viking fans want to act like the Chargers are good but they just lost to a Vick led Steelers team and should have lost the week before to the Browns. The Vikings other win is against the train wreck Lions. Sorry if we are not sold on the Vikings being a team that can go from being 2-2 with no quality wins and a bad loss to all the sudden ripping off a bunch of wins. Win a game on the road and then the Vikings can talk about playing for the division lead. I can see it now the Vikings are going to destroy the Charles-less Chiefs get cocky and then drop at least one of the next two road games.
First, I said the game could be for the Division lead not that it would be. And yes, it could be. I am not the only one who thinks the Bronco's are a good team. There is a reason why just about every power ranking out there has them at number 4. But alas, I don't take much stock in power rankings. Others do. And I love how you poo-poo the Broncos wins against teams that have a combined record of 8-17 while building up the Packers wins against teams with a combined record of .............8-17. Don't worry, just more Vikings fan hot air.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, I said the game could be for the Division lead not that it would be. And yes, it could be. I am not the only one who thinks the Bronco's are a good team. There is a reason why just about every power ranking out there has them at number 4. But alas, I don't take much stock in power rankings. Others do. And I love how you poo-poo the Broncos wins against teams that have a combined record of 8-17 while building up the Packers wins against teams with a combined record of .............8-17. Don't worry, just more Vikings fan hot air.

I don't understand your logic. The Packers aren't for real yet bc they haven't played anyone but the Broncos can be for real? I dont just look at record but how they have won and the Packers have been more convincing and are more well rounded. You love to point to lack of quality wins for the pack but discount it for the Broncos and vikings. The Packers have two nice wins against Seattle and St louis. Not world beaters but teams that I fear more than any win for the Broncos or vikings.

And you said it was very possible not could wgen talking about the vikings playing the pack for the division lead. That is quite the difference. There is a slim chance but not very possible

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
There is a reason why just about every power ranking out there has them at number 4. But alas, I don't take much stock in power rankings. Others do.
Gotta love this: Use power rankings to bolster your opinion but then quickly dismiss them since the Packers are generally #2 in most (#3 on one I saw) and the Vikings ranged from 12th to 17th. But hey, I take nothing away from the Broncos and the Vikings win over them was impressive! ... Wait.... what? OK their loss against them was impressive. (BTW, I liked what Sean Tomlinson of BleacherReport wrote before listing his rankings: "And remember, I probably hate your favorite team.")

More seriously, IMO the Vikings are definitely on the upswing - the Packers had to hang on to beat them by 3 last season in Minnesota. The Vikings were 11th in scoring D last season (just behind the 49ers) and are 6th so far this season and I believe AP has gained more yards against the Packers than any other team.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still early in the season. Teams can turn it around and I have a feeling the Bears will. The vikings will fade and wind up 8 and 8

Even so, I don't see the Bears any better than 6-10. I'd say it'll stack up in the standings as:

Packers 13-3
Vikings 9-7/8-8
Bears 6-10
Lions 3-13

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No question that the Vikings are our biggest divisional opponent.

I see the Vikings more in the 10-6 to 9-7 range but who knows. The Vikings are improving whether we like it or not. I expect another very tough game in Minneapolis on November 22nd - no prediction on outcome. I do expect us to beat them on January 3rd even if we are resting starters. Our backups are that good (using my best Brian Demerest impression).

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't understand your logic. The Packers aren't for real yet bc they haven't played anyone but the Broncos can be for real? I dont just look at record but how they have won and the Packers have been more convincing and are more well rounded. You love to point to lack of quality wins for the pack but discount it for the Broncos and vikings. The Packers have two nice wins against Seattle and St louis. Not world beaters but teams that I fear more than any win for the Broncos or vikings.

And you said it was very possible not could wgen talking about the vikings playing the pack for the division lead. That is quite the difference. There is a slim chance but not very possible
It's about as logical as a Packer fan saying the Packers are for real but the Bronco's are not because they haven't played anyone. Fact is, none of the 5-0 teams have really been tested. So to announce them as divisions winners at this point of the season is a stretch. Will some of them? Yes. Some will not. Will the Packers? Who knows. But there are 11 games left for some teams and 12 for others. We have a long way to go before we crown division champions. How many losses does Seattle need before they are no longer considered a quality team? 8? 9? 7? So, three weeks from now if Seattle is 3-5 and the Chargers are 5-3 will the Seahawks still be quality but the Charges not? Or do we have to wait until the end of the year?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's about as logical as a Packer fan saying the Packers are for real but the Bronco's are not because they haven't played anyone. Fact is, none of the 5-0 teams have really been tested. So to announce them as divisions winners at this point of the season is a stretch. Will some of them? Yes. Some will not. Will the Packers? Who knows. But there are 11 games left for some teams and 12 for others. We have a long way to go before we crown division champions. How many losses does Seattle need before they are no longer considered a quality team? 8? 9? 7? So, three weeks from now if Seattle is 3-5 and the Chargers are 5-3 will the Seahawks still be quality but the Charges not? Or do we have to wait until the end of the year?

You dont have to agree with me on the Broncos but I just haven't been impressed. They have won which matters but I just haven't been impressed. They struggled with kc, detroit, oakland, and the Vikings. I have been wrong before but I have not been impressed with them compared to the Patriots Bengals and packers and even the cardinals.

You are right to question Seattle but why should I believe the Vikings are a quality team when Seattle is not? The question do I think the Vikings are a threat to win rhe division this year and the answer seems to be no right now. They have a brutal end of the schedule where if they would be excited to go 4-3 overy their last 7. They have a favorable next 5 where 4-1 would be necessary . That means good fotball gets them to 10-6. For the packers to fall to 10-6 they need to go 5-6 the rest of the season. So I just don't see the Vikings catching the Packers.

The Packers habe give zero reason to believe they will drop 6 of 11 so I don't know why I should think the Vikings will catch them. The Vikings haven't given a lot of reason to believe they will go 8-4 against that schedule either. Both would need to happen.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No question that the Vikings are our biggest divisional opponent.

I see the Vikings more in the 10-6 to 9-7 range but who knows. The Vikings are improving whether we like it or not. I expect another very tough game in Minneapolis on November 22nd - no prediction on outcome. I do expect us to beat them on January 3rd even if we are resting starters. Our backups are that good (using my best Brian Demerest impression).
You're about 15 paragraphs of sunshine, unicorns and fairy dust too short to qualify for that designation

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You dont have to agree with me on the Broncos but I just haven't been impressed. They have won which matters but I just haven't been impressed. They struggled with kc, detroit, oakland, and the Vikings. I have been wrong before but I have not been impressed with them compared to the Patriots Bengals and packers and even the cardinals.

You are right to question Seattle but why should I believe the Vikings are a quality team when Seattle is not? The question do I think the Vikings are a threat to win rhe division this year and the answer seems to be no right now. They have a brutal end of the schedule where if they would be excited to go 4-3 overy their last 7. They have a favorable next 5 where 4-1 would be necessary . That means good fotball gets them to 10-6. For the packers to fall to 10-6 they need to go 5-6 the rest of the season. So I just don't see the Vikings catching the Packers.

The Packers habe give zero reason to believe they will drop 6 of 11 so I don't know why I should think the Vikings will catch them. The Vikings haven't given a lot of reason to believe they will go 8-4 against that schedule either. Both would need to happen.

I think the Broncos defense is legit. Von Miller is as advertised, and more. That will be a tough game at their place.

Seattle has issues on offense, and especially with their O-line. If they don't fix it soon, Wilson will be a battered pinata before season's end.

I think the Vikings are still finding themselves. Good defense, great running back, and a competent if not very electric quarterback. They may be a wild card team, and the Pack cannot afford to take them lightly. That said, the Packers look like a better team thus far, and definitely have a big edge at QB.

Go Pack Go.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Broncos defense is legit. Von Miller is as advertised, and more. That will be a tough game at their place.

Seattle has issues on offense, and especially with their O-line. If they don't fix it soon, Wilson will be a battered pinata before season's end.

I think the Vikings are still finding themselves. Good defense, great running back, and a competent if not very electric quarterback. They may be a wild card team, and the Pack cannot afford to take them lightly. That said, the Packers look like a better team thus far, and definitely have a big edge at QB.

Go Pack Go.

I am not saying the Packers should take the Vikings lightly but I just don't see how the 2-2 Vikings with some really tough games coming up are going to over take the 5-0 packers. The Packers need to get to 11 wins to put too much distance from the vikings. They need 6 more wins with two games against detroit, and then games against the bears, chargers, oakland and a Dallas team that might be without its stars. Not to mention 2 against the Vikings you assume they split at the worst. Then they also have the Cards, Panthers and Broncos. I gotta think they win 6 of those

It isnt just that I think the Packers are better than the Vikings but that I just don't see how the Vikings catch the packers without a Rodgers injury.

Members online