Which one of these players are you most excited about?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Khyri Thornton, Carl Bradford, Jared Abbrederis, Demetri Goodson, Jeff Janis, Justin Perillo, Luther Robinson, Bruce Gaston, Linebackers Joe Thomas and Adrian Hubbard, running back Raijon Neal, offensive linemen Jeremy Vujnovich and Josh Walker, cornerback Tay Glover-Wright

I forgot about alot of these guys and am glad cheeseheadtv put together this list. I have an optimistic outlook on this group.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jared Abbrederis if he can stay healthy, otherwise I'll go with Jeff Janis.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Janis
Goodson, Abbrederis, and Bradford are on the next level.

Perillo is going to get a shot. Other than that? I dont think the rest will make the team.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Jared Abbrederis, Khyri Thorton (if he put in work during offseason) and Adrian Hubbard (has the size we need, just needs to develop better fundamentals and understand his role)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abbrederis, because he's smart and he can catch. He'll be where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to be there and he'll catch it if it's thrown. He's never been, big, fast or blessed with amazing talent. He has been blessed with amazing work ethic and an ability to pay attention to the details and that's where he'll grow.

I'd like to say Thorton, because he's a big guy that was good in college playing a position where need good, disruptive big guys. But he didn't show me anything in the preseason last year. Too much mentally, physically? unprepared? maturity issues? just doesn't want to work? injured the whole time and we never knew? Some of those reasons can be overcome with time, others, won't. I'm excited and nervous about him heading into next year.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abberderis has been mentioned quite a bit... serious question here how much of that is because he went to Wisconsin and how much because he may actually contribute?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot is because he went to Wisconsin, most of us got to watch him for a few years and have a good feeling as to what type of player he is. I think he will be successful because he's a football player. he's not a gifted freak, he's not they guy you're trying to nab because he has all the talent in the world, he's just a football player. he knows how to get it done. Guys are successful in this league mostly because they know how to work and pay attention to details, and that's Abberderis. At least that's how he's always appeared to me.

D

Deleted member 6794

Abberderis has been mentioned quite a bit... serious question here how much of that is because he went to Wisconsin and how much because he may actually contribute?

Abbrederis showed during OTAs and the start of training camp that he's able to produce at this level. If you need further prove go back and watch him get over 200 receiving yards vs. Ohio State while primarily being covered by last year's first round pick Bradley Roby (who had 2 INTs and 14 passes defended as a rookie for the Broncos).

The only knock on Abbrederis is his injury history. If he's able to stay healthy the Packers got them a steal in the fifth round in last year's draft.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abbrederis showed during OTAs and the start of training camp that he's able to produce at this level. If you need further prove go back and watch him get over 200 receiving yards vs. Ohio State while primarily being covered by last year's first round pick Bradley Roby (who had 2 INTs and 14 passes defended as a rookie for the Broncos).

The only knock on Abbrederis is his injury history. If he's able to stay healthy the Packers got them a steal in the fifth round in last year's draft.

Fair enough, I wasn't asking to call out, for lack of a better term, the Badger honks (full disclosure... I am not a Badger fan) rather just trying to find out if most felt he had real talent.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Abbrederis also. I think he could do real well in beating zone coverage. And what I remember about him is that he has great hands.

H

HardRightEdge

It's kind of like Thompson's approach to the draft...accumulate a lot guys and hope to get a few winners out of the numbers game. The most we've seen from some of these guys are a few pre-season snaps against second and third stringers; some no snaps at all.

I liked what little I saw of Luther Robinson. He's more athletic than Pennel, has more upside. He could bounce Pennel or Boyd off the roster if he's healthy.

Abbrederis is an interesting possibility. We'll have to see how he comes off the ACL; some do better than others. He also looked slight of build, needing to add some muscle. That too is a thing to watch with him in training camp.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What excites people about Thornton other than his draft position? I'm honestly asking because I want to believe in him as well, we could certainly use the depth on this D line. But he was about as underwhelming of a prospect as we've seen as far as just not looking like he'll be able to perform at this level.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really hoping we can salvage something out of Bradford. I've been really excited about our last 2 ILB prospects in Bradford and Terrell Manning, so needless to say I've been really, really disappointed.

Bradford, Goodson, and Thornton (well moreso injury for Thornton), have all been guys kept for their upside with no chance of getting anything out of them last year. They need to take a step forward this year.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited about Khyri Thornton. He's a big body and was drafted in the third round. Hopefully he gets into shape and has a good season because he's much needed on the Packers average defensive line.

I was most excited last year to see Abracadabra play in the Packers' offense. He might turn out to be the steal of last year's draft.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
My rating for adambr2's post #17 should really be "unfortunately agree". Of course I hope Thornton has a complete turnaround, but I knew nothing about before he was drafted and I don't remember anything positive about him in TC or preseason.

Because of the need, I hope one of the ILBs on the roster, like Bradford, emerge but I don't have any reason to be excited about any of them. I hope and expect Thompson to acquire a player to legitimately contend for an ILB spot, but I think those expecting two such players will be disappointed.

As a Badger fan, I am careful about being too high on them regarding their NFL careers but I was looking forward to seeing how Abbrederis would adjust to the NFL. He knows how to play football, both smart and instinctual but the knock on him came true early: He's got to stay healthy.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am excited to see almost all of them. Luther was a gamer when he was thrust into duty. Hubbard has a huge frame that is almost unheard of for a lb, Bradford is a total project but one they felt worthy of keeping on the active roster, goodson is bush's replacement, Abby, Janis and Perillo can all catch the ball, Thomas got good reviews and would probably be more of a backup to barrington. Thornton is probably the only one who had a strike against him last year so we shall see if it kicked his *** into gear.

Reaction score
Abracadabra.
As the 2014 draft unfolded live I offered that we would get a formidable KR as a "surprise pick" around the time of our first compensatory picks or before. This did happen much later than I guessed, but it's was clear that KR was clearly a need as the revolving door of Blackmon type experiments proved fruitless.
I actually thought we would snatch Hester, but we had just signed Julius for big $$ so it was a reasonable prioritization at that moment.
There are several others players I'm interested in but out of respect to the author of the question..It does say "one" player so..
A fellow native Wisconsinite that was a wrestler and track athlete like myself in H.S. And then elevated to Madtown and now the pros intrigues me.

Last edited:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It´s hard to get too excited about Thomas as he wasn´t able to even make it to the roster despite the huge problems we had at ILB last season.
LOL I didn't pay much attention to him last year. I thought he went out injured. Didn't realize he just flat out didn't make the team.

Members online

Latest posts