Which holes will Thompson plug in draft ?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Relevent to Porksters post.

I kind of like how the Packers coaching staff stuck with the rookies. AJ Hawk they kind of had to. When you invest in a 5th overall selection you have to get them on the field.

Poppinga, I think he's improved very nicely.

I can't think off the top of my head any rookie the Packers kept on the field who was failing consistently and who hasn't improved. There might be, I jus can't think of one, yet.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relevent to Porksters post.

I kind of like how the Packers coaching staff stuck with the rookies. AJ Hawk they kind of had to. When you invest in a 5th overall selection you have to get them on the field.

Poppinga, I think he's improved very nicely.

I can't think off the top of my head any rookie the Packers kept on the field who was failing consistently and who hasn't improved. There might be, I jus can't think of one, yet.

Manuel might as well be a rookie.

He plays like a rookie who just joined his high school team.

Teddy needs to fix that, and I dont care how. Underwood,Culver,Draft,Free Agency....if Manuel is the starting SS next year, I will deprive him of tromadz love.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think LaRon Landry out of LSU would be a good pick as well. We need another good saftey and this guy is about as good as they come in the draft.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone against drafting a defensive player in round 1? i really think our D can improve naturally the more they play together, our offense just needs an injection of talent.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they should go for a RB in the 1st round. Zone blocking or not I like a stud RB. And when the running game is strong it is tough to defend the pass.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they should go for a RB in the 1st round. Zone blocking or not I like a stud RB. And when the running game is strong it is tough to defend the pass.
Like Adrian Peterson from Oaklahoma. That would be pretty sweet.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BPA in each round.

There isn't any position that couldn't benefit from an upgrade or better depth, except maybe LB or DT I suppose.

That being said, in rounds 2-5 I think we need to pick-up at least 1-2 OL. Clifton is at the end of his career and I think Colledge will prove to be a solid replacement. That would put Moll at LG and leave us without any solid backups. We need to get some backup OL in for depth. The offense really struggled with Moll playing RT for Tauscher.

Along with that, a couple good RB prospects are needed to push the current group.

We need depth at DE since Montgomery has struggled. Luckily Jenkins has done very well there.

We also need to get a couple of good CBs for depth. Both Harris and Woodson are over 30. While being a great tandem, it's obvious that Woodson will struggle to play a complete season again. This is a great time to get in a couple of young guys to develop into starters.

I don't think our WRs are that bad, but a good prospect can only help. We'll have K-Rob back, plus Jennings and Martin will be more experienced (which means a lot in this offense). DD, K-Rob, Jennings and Martin followed by some special teams players -- returners.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts