Which Head Coaches are gone??

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year, 10 teams changed head coaches. Now you see 3 of those teams (NO, NYJ, KC) in the playoffs and others just missing (like, GB). Which coaches -- including some in the playoffs -- do you think are gone this year?

My guesses are (easy ones first):

Shell OAK (may need a new owner as well)
Green AZ (I don't think the late wins are enough to save him)
Coughlin NYG (Backed into the playoffs going 2 -6 in 2nd half and Tiki will not be there to bail him out next year)
Holmgren SEA (Team played better while Alexander was hurt, let Vikes steal away Hutchinson, played starters in a meaningless game Sunday and lost one of his few remaining DBs to a broken ankle)
Cowher PIT (should have taken the Bus to DisneyWorld last year and left on top)
Saban MIA (team is not horrible but colleges want him back)

Anyone else?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mora, neither management nor the Anointed One have any confidence in the guy. Add his fetish to coach at Univ. of Washington, and he's probably a goner.
The only team in the NFC South that has any faith in their coach right now is NO. Tampa Bay fans aren't real happy with Gruden, and Fox has come under much criticism in Charlotte lately for his conservative approach to the game.

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to add Parcels to that list. I don't see him being around next year. Dallas is probably wishing he retired last year and they had given the job to Payton.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard that Green is out in AZ. Back to the fishing show for Denny. I guess there are worse things in life than being rich and still getting paid to fish.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best candidates have all been mentioned, and two of them have been fired so far. I nominate Joe Gibbs as having a good chance of retiring.

My longshot candidate for firing is Brad Childress, who seems to have no better control of his team than Mike Tice did. (Maybe the Viking organization should realize that when, year after year, you round up the biggest punks in the league to be on your team, they are going to be uncoachable.)

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green and Mora are both gone so far. Can anyone guess whos next?

How bout Millen gone as GM in Detroilet.

But the Lions won Sunday. He has to figure out what WR to draft in the number 2 spot this year. Too bad his top receiver is an ex-safety and not one of his 1st rounders otherwise he may look like he knows what he is doing.

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from Foxsports:

Report: Cowher on way out in Pittsburgh

Bill Cowher is expected to announce his retirement as head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Thursday.

Cowher has coached the Steelers for 15 seasons, the longest tenure of any current National Football League coach, and has one season remaining on his contract with the team. But since he and his wife purchased a new home in Raliegh, N.C., there has been widespread speculation that he would walk away from the post after this season to spend more time with his family.

Cowher reportedly met Tuesday with team chairman Dan Rooney and president Art Rooney II to discuss his future. It was uncertain Thursday whether any final determination was made during that meeting.

Under Cowher, the Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks to win the Super Bowl last February, and have won eight division titles and reached the playoffs 10 times.

The Steelers could promote from within to replace Cowher. FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer is reporting that the club has had discussions with assistant coaches Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm, but will formally inteview each next week.

Whisenhunt reportedly interviewed Thursday with the Atlanta Falcons and owner Arthur Blank.

Other articles that I have seen have mentioned the possibilty of Cowher taking over in Miami. Pittsburgh may want some compensation for a lateral HC move.

Members online

Latest posts