Which HC Has The Biggest Scorching Hot Seat Besides Hue Jackson Of 2018?

Which HC Gets Booted Out Of Town First?

• Total voters
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, whether certain fans here like it or not, simply failing to make the Superbowl Rodgers or not, never has nor ever will be a fireable offense in the Packer organization. Just doesn't work that way here or anywhere in the league.

There's only one sure fire way MM's seat would be hot here and that's if the Pack fail to make the playoffs with Rodgers playing all 16 games. Only way I could still see him getting fired while still making the playoffs is if he loses a wildcard game at home and the offense under Rodgers is a no show in the game. Otherwise ... Forget It!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup, whether certain fans here like it or not, simply failing to make the Superbowl Rodgers or not, never has nor ever will be a fireable offense in the Packer organization. Just doesn't work that way here or anywhere in the league.

There's only one sure fire way MM's seat would be hot here and that's if the Pack fail to make the playoffs with Rodgers playing all 16 games. Only way I could still see him getting fired while still making the playoffs is if he loses a wildcard game at home and the offense under Rodgers is a no show in the game. Otherwise ... Forget It!

While I would never expect it, if Rodgers isn't hurt and the Packers start the season 0-8, I can see the MM seat heating up.

*insert picture of me ducking lightning bolts here*

D

Deleted member 6794

If Gute decides that talent isn't being properly utilized-and he's got a decent argument thus far with years of terrible defensive coaching and an awful looking offensive group last year- then he can always wear Murphy down.

The Packers made a mistake evaluating Hundley but the team averaged 27.4 points with Rodgers starting before him being injured in Minnesota. That would have ranked fifth in the league last season. Hardly what I would consider an awful looking unit.

McCarthy loses any right to complain after squandering the talent of 2 All Pros in our biggest area of need, and looking utterly helpless without Rodgers.

We have discussed about it before but that is an utterly ridiculous statement.

While I would never expect it, if Rodgers isn't hurt and the Packers start the season 0-8, I can see the MM seat heating up.

There's no way the Packers start 0-8 with Rodgers being healthy.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have discussed about it before but that is an utterly ridiculous statement. .[/QUOTE said:
I thought I was very highly successful with or without Rodgers as well, thanks for setting the record straight.:tup:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers made a mistake evaluating Hundley but the team averaged 27.4 points with Rodgers starting before him being injured in Minnesota. That would have ranked fifth in the league last season. Hardly what I would consider an awful looking unit.

We have discussed about it before but that is an utterly ridiculous statement.

There's no way the Packers start 0-8 with Rodgers being healthy.
How is that ridiculous? McCarthy is 6-14-1 if you count all of the games that Rodgers missed or was knocked out of. That record speaks for itself.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any team with a bad QB will do bad .... PERIOD .... End of story.
Whose job is it to acquire a backup QB? Whose job is it to be able to coach young QBs, and conduct an offense which can be successful even when a backup steps in? You are confirming that they failed on all fronts.

D

Deleted member 6794

How is that ridiculous? McCarthy is 6-14-1 if you count all of the games that Rodgers missed or was knocked out of. That record speaks for itself.

Once again you completely ignore that McCarthy was instrumental in developing Rodgers into an elite quarterback.

Whose job is it to acquire a backup QB?

It's the general manager's job to acquire a decent backup quarterback. Aside of Matt Flynn Thompson failed in that area.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way MM is on the hot seat. Unless the team has a disastrous season of biblical proportions, and then only maybe.

D

Deleted member 6794

There is no way MM is on the hot seat. Unless the team has a disastrous season of biblical proportions, and then only maybe.

I guess McCarthy would definitely be on the hot seat if the Packers don't make the playoffs with Rodgers being available all season.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again you completely ignore that McCarthy was instrumental in developing Rodgers into an elite quarterback.

It's the general manager's job to acquire a decent backup quarterback. Aside of Matt Flynn Thompson failed in that area.
The issue that I have with that first statement is that McCarthy has only been able to develop one other QB into even a decent backup. It's clear that Rodgers has physical gifts that McCarthy had absolutely nothing to do with.

D

Deleted member 6794

The issue that I have with that first statement is that McCarthy has only been able to develop one other QB into even a decent backup. It's clear that Rodgers has physical gifts that McCarthy had absolutely nothing to do with.

It's completely unrealistic to expect a head coach being capable of developing every single quarterback into a decent NFL starter, especially as the Packers have only spent an early round pick on the position once during McCarthy's tenure.

Taking a look at Rodgers' game tape in college it's abundantly clear MM deserves credit for altering #12's throwing motion allowing him to develop into an elite player.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also don't get the ridiculous notion some people seem to have that Gute is out to fire MM when there is no evidence period to suggest this.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the simple fact that he cannot do it.. he does not have the authority.

But what I'm saying is people seem to think that MM was put directly under Murphy's authority because Gute somehow had it in his mind that he was going to fire MM as soon as he assumed the GM role. And I'm saying they're ridiculous for thinking so because Gute has never remotely indicated such a sentiment.

D

Deleted member 6794

And the simple fact that he cannot do it.. he does not have the authority.

Gutekunst most likely has the power to presuade Murphy into firing McCarthy if that's what he wants to do though.

Just to be clear I'm not suggesting that's his intention by any means.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's completely unrealistic to expect a head coach being capable of developing every single quarterback into a decent NFL starter, especially as the Packers have only spent an early round pick on the position once during McCarthy's tenure.

Taking a look at Rodgers' game tape in college it's abundantly clear MM deserves credit for altering #12's throwing motion allowing him to develop into an elite player.
Every QB in the league has their mechanics cleaned up once they reach the NFL. Maybe McCarthy is very good at this, but it's clear there is far, far more to being an elite QB than attending some QB camp.

D

Deleted member 6794

Every QB in the league has their mechanics cleaned up once they reach the NFL. Maybe McCarthy is very good at this, but it's clear there is far, far more to being an elite QB than attending some QB camp.

There's no denying that Rodgers superior talent is mostly responsible for him turning into an elite quarterback but it's ridiculous not giving McCarthy any credit for developing him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
When the Case Keenum signing flops, Elway will need a scapegoat.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol, no they don't (see Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow).

Uhhh yeah duh, it's called you better have the accuracy, the smarts, and the mental toughness to play QB. Hundley does not possess any of those qualities, and MM is not responsible for anyone having or not having them either.

Members online

Latest posts