Which current Packer do you see sticking around the NFL after retirement?

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether as an analyst or asst coach.

I say definitely Chuck Wood as a CB coach and moving his way up.

I can see DD sticking around GB, but don't know doing what yet.

And this is an extremely early prediction, but the way Randall Cobb handles the media and how eloquent he is... I see him as an analyst.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And this is an extremely early prediction, but the way Randall Cobb handles the media and how eloquent he is... I see him as an analyst.

Driver for sure

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really see it in DD, but who knows. Hawk and Woodson both seem like coaching types to me.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Woodson stayed around as CB coach. Can see his effect on Sam Shields and Tramon Williams. I think he has taught them how to analyze film and receivers!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see Woodson and DD both being Yoda. I think they each have a lot to offer and teach young guys. So much inspiration there. Or maybe I'm just wanting them to stick around because I love them and I don't want either of them to leave!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

DD owns a car dealership in Waupace right? Pretty sure he'll be sticking around. I could actually see Woodson as an analyst with NFL Network or ESPN.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Leroy Butler owns the Ford dealership in Waupaca. (<----for sure) Last I heard, Ahman Green was assistant coaching DePere high school football. Gilbert Brown coaches the Lingerie football team. (<----I think)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
NFL coaches work incredibly long hours and since Woodson and Driver, for example, are financially secure, they would really have to love coaching or be driven to become a HC to sacrifice that time away from their families. OTOH - as we all have witnessed - being an analyst doesn't have to take up much time at all. Seriously if either decided to become analysts, I'm sure they'd put the work in, but it wouldn't come close to the hours of an assistant coach.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.... Gilbert Brown coaches the Lingerie football team. (<----I think)

I am just wondering GBG, with you living so close to GB and knowing about the Lingerie football team...

...perhaps YOU play on Gilbert's team....( I would guess you play the position of......tight end) :happy0005:

sorry.................actually, not

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I am just wondering GBG, with you living so close to GB and knowing about the Lingerie football team...

...perhaps YOU play on Gilbert's team....( I would guess you play the position of......tight end) :happy0005:

sorry.................actually, not

Tight end...yes. But I don't play with all the young chicks. I'm on the geriatric team. We only play on the 3rd of the month when our fans get their SS checks. :wink2:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to even think about any of our present players not playing.
If you know what I mean.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to open up a can of worms here and not because I'm hungry. I know this thread is about current Packers sticking around but shouldn't we also include Al Harris in that category? I would love to have him back. But he's not the worms. I'm talking about You Know Who. Favre. Can any of you see him coming back as a coach or such? Maybe not with the Packers, that's a lot of worms, but I'm just saying.

*ducks rotten tomatoes.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to open up a can of worms here and not because I'm hungry. I know this thread is about current Packers sticking around but shouldn't we also include Al Harris in that category? I would love to have him back. But he's not the worms. I'm talking about You Know Who. Favre. Can any of you see him coming back as a coach or such? Maybe not with the Packers, that's a lot of worms, but I'm just saying.

*ducks rotten tomatoes.
Not throwing any tomatoes.

He didn't want to mentor A-Rod, so I can't see him coming back as a coach.
(And yet he "coached" the Lions when he got booted from the Packers.)

I see him as an all or nothing kind of guy. If he's not playing then he'd rather do nothing.
No doubt Deanna will be keeping a sharper eye on him from now on!
"Honey! Have you seen my crocs and cell phone?"

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It normally not the star players that become coaches, but the player that is a better teacher and worker than raw talent. Either of our back up QBs would fit the bill. Esp. our #3

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre will be in telecasting in no time.

Attention + money = Favre showing up.

In the broadcast booth-

Al Michaels:"Well Brent, what did you see was the problem with that 3rd down play?"

Brent: Well he had the halfback in the flat for an easy first down, but look at Smith on the deep post, he had 2 inches of separation from the right corner back and 4 inches of separation from the safety over the top...now he should have just winged that baby in there from 35 yards away for the big gainer...that's what I would have done."

It would be worth the price of admission just to hear him reason out stuff like that.

Members online

Latest posts