WHICH 2007 PACKER ROOKIE WILL MAKE GREATEST IMPACT?

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHICH PACKER ROOKIE WILL BE THE IMMEDIATE GREATEST IMPACT PLAYER?

Later, I will provide contrasting comparison polls.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Jackson, since he'll get a chance to start at RB and be a big part of the offensive gameplan next year.

Good observation. I chose Rouse for similar reason. He's gonna start! heh

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive voted for the kicker MASON CROSBY i do think Rouse and jackson will have ok seasons but if what every1 has been saying about crosby i think he may have a Great season

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I picked Jackson. Its easiest for rookie RBs to make a splash, plus he has limited competition.

Plus he fits the scheme and is good(supposedly)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I voted Clowney with his speed, he should have his shares of chances to stretch the field from the slot. We have no one else that compares to his speed. Impact plays.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i voted for jackson. for the same reasons as most. will get a chance to contribute. i hope he and morency split time and share the majority of the carries. he has the skills, know-how and intangibles to do very well. i am not much of a college football fan so my knowledge base is limited but i am a nebraska fan and i am really excited to have jackson in the green and gold.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i voted for jackson. for the same reasons as most. will get a chance to contribute. i hope he and morency split time and share the majority of the carries.

well like MM said, if Jackson proves himself and ends up being the starter, so be it. MM doesn't care. Whoever produces more and can contribute to the offense, they will get more time.

It still will end up being a duo more than likely, but I doubt it will be 50\50. As of right now it's probably 50\50, and now Jackson and Mo have to battle it out to see who gets the bigger split(70\30 or whatnot)

This reminds me of Thomas Jones vs. Cedric Benson on the Bears the last couple years. Having more than 1 capable Rb is a problem you like to have.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This reminds me of Thomas Jones vs. Cedric Benson on the Bears the last couple years. Having more than 1 capable Rb is a problem you like to have.

They have to prove they are capable first... hopefully they will. That means not only talent but staying on the field. Healthy.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

They have to prove they are capable first... hopefully they will. That means not only talent but staying on the field. Healthy.

I'm just making a little prediction there. A Guess. not a fact, i dont like passing off my opinion as if its a fact like p...people do here.

1. I think Jackson can do it. 2. For people who think our RBs(Morency,Herron) are trash, then for THAT reason Jackson can do it.

Gotta keep an eye on Jackson in these camps, cuz we're likely to hear his name this season a lot, whereas Rouse might(MIGHT) end up just being a special teamer in 07.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted for Harrell, mostly because I'm stubborn, but also because I desperately WANT him to shore up our DL. Jackson certainly needs to be outstanding for us but I question whether our OL can get the job done this year. We're facing some pretty darned good DLs, especially in our division. How this NFL changes...now 300# OL are considered light weight and must depend on finesse. I remember when Leon Hart from ND came into the NFL. He was considered a behemoth at 250#. Now, he'd be a FB maybe.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(By who I think will mak biggest impact)
1. Aaron Rouse
2. Brandon Jackson
3. Justin Harrell
4. Mason Crosby
5. James Jones
6. David Clowney
7. Allen Barbre

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NONE of them! They ALL are gonna SUCK! SUCK I SAY! Ted Thompson picked them........they can't POSSIBLY be any good!!!! :rotflmao:
(End sarcasm!)
I think Jackson will be big!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
concerning crosby and his touchbacks, does anyone have any info in regards to the % of his kickoffs which were touchbacks, and what yard line do they kick from in the NCAA? i think it's the 35, whereas NFL is the 30. we'll see how he does for touchbacks now. i hope he get a LOT (duh).

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hall our new FB will have the best collision... um impact.

Oh wait this poll is already rigged against him!!!

TOP HAT'S NOTE: My apolotgies, as for a technical zero bug, the option "other" did not post with the other choices. The point is moot, as if one chooses "other", they will add their choice in commentaries. I WILL ADD THEM TO A FINAL TALLY COMPARING TO OTHER POLLS.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
concerning crosby and his touchbacks, does anyone have any info in regards to the % of his kickoffs which were touchbacks, and what yard line do they kick from in the NCAA? i think it's the 35, whereas NFL is the 30. we'll see how he does for touchbacks now. i hope he get a LOT (duh).

we cant afford giving the ball to the Bears ST in good position like we did last year, guys like Rouse, Jones, Hall etc have been drafted to smack Devin Hester. Cant wait to see it happen!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Dude, its a forking FORUM. You will get feedback. You don't have to BEG for it and if you do, you should post more interesting material.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson will have the best #s, but I think Justin Harrell will make the biggest impact. His addition will mean fewer double teams for Kampman and more space to roam for Hawk and Barnett.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Jackson will have the best #s, but I think Justin Harrell will make the biggest impact. His addition will mean fewer double teams for Kampman and more space to roam for Hawk and Barnett.

I like the point you made about Harrel. I remember Ray Lewis complaining that the Ravens let his big man go and now he's having to shed blockers before he can "DO MY THANG". I think Urlacher even got better when he had a big man in front too.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson should make the most obvious impact. He'll likely touch the ball 15-20 times a game.

I'm hoping guys like Harrell and Rouse make impacts, though. A DT pluggin' things up and freeing up LBs. Yeah, we could use that. A SS swattin' down passes and making plays. We could DEFINATELY use that.

All that said, I think we'll see more of Underwood at SS than Rouse.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts