1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Where Will Packers New Management Structure Take Us?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by Pokerbrat2000, May 9, 2019.

1. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    While I agree with you, in that a second year GM and first year head coach should actually have air conditioned seating right now, I can see where those seats could heat up really fast. Having #12 as your QB and lots of fans used to winning, who are thinking the Packers drop off the last 2 seasons was due to Rodgers injuries, TT, MM and Capers, they might be expecting too quick of a rebound from a healthy Rodgers, Gute, MLF and Pettine.

I think the goal should always be Super Bowls, but if the Packers make it to the playoffs and look competitive, that will go a long way at keeping those seats cooled down. However, if the Packers stay under .500 the dial will be cranked up a bit.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I like the story and good analogy. I don't think us fans are against change in general. It's definitely needed from time to time for sure.

But even while making changes, you still gotta be careful about fixing what isn't broken.

3. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I could actually give an 8-8 or 9-7 season a pass. The way I see it, I think we're still just one draft away from having the star power horses in the stable, plus factoring in all the new coaching schemes and philosophies coming and giving leeway for a little turbulence in year one. 2020 should be the year fans demand a Superbowl win under this regime.

4. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Expectations are low. I am planning on winning the division.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    but everything was broken. the last two years of upheaval HAD to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Packer Fan Since:
    With the amount of resources put into service through both FA and the draft, reasonable expectations would be a 6 seed or better.
    Anything less than 9-7 range would be discouraging IMO. I don’t expect to make the SB but we should be able to make a Divisional game competitive. That would show a marked improvement.
    4-2 Division record 9-7 to 10-6 overall is my average range of expectations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It is entirely too early to evaluate Gutekunst. We'll have a much better idea at the end of this season.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Holmgren or God??? ;)

Murphy has done a great job of creating much needed revenue for the Packers. While the executive board might suggest to keep him out of football decisions if the team doesn't turn into around on the field I have a hard time believing they would be interested in replacing him.

Murphy definitely should have been aware of Thompson's issues even without having the power to interfere in football decisions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    who was going to move thompson out (which IS a football decision) if not murphy? the buck has to stop with someone. murphy having his hand on the pulse of everything isn't interfering. he's in charge and delegated responsibilities and this time will keep an eye on everyone. it's not like he's an oil man or media tycoon dabbling in football. he's a football lifer who's done everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Agree, if Rodgers stays healthy. We still have the best quarterback in the division. That used to count for something. We may have lost something on offense, but our defense should be much improved. If it's not, there's a problem.

11. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Wi. Mike now in Florida Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Whatever happens I hope there's no repeat of the last 2 season.
    Either way, I glad their isn't a team owner of the Packers to get involved on how to fix things.

12. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Murphy recognizing Thompson wasn't up for the task of being the team's general manager anymore and replacing him because of it wouldn't have been a football decision.

• Creative Creative x 1