Where was the D ?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
TT should have re-signed Grady!

No not for the money he was asking for. He was asking for a lot more money. He didn't want to play in Green Bay unless they made him one of the highest paid defensive lineman in football. Grady wouldn't of made a difference last night. It was a pre season game. He probably woudn't of played.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Woodson doesn't play any better this could turn out to be a worse by then Joe Johnson. I'm sitting on the fence right now. I see the problems but I also see then a lot of them can be improved on. In Woodson's case it almost looked like it had more to do with him wanting to play which is sad for a guy getting that kind of money to need motivating. Also in the O-line it will surely take time for the rookies to feel comfortable but the problem is it could be week 6 before we realize if they just can't cut it or if it was a matter of needing to gel. Well at least this season should leave us lot's to debate. Anyone who wants to turn and run though I'll be happy to take your tickets

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread, I am pulling this one back up from last week as it is now 28-14 in the 4th quarter of the Titans game and I am not seeing much improvement here.

Thoughts ? Both Pros and Cons ? Is there light at the end of the tunnel ?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Instead of starting a new thread, I am pulling this one back up from last week as it is now 28-14 in the 4th quarter of the Titans game and I am not seeing much improvement here.

Our starting D minus Harris and Woodson were able to make the Titans first team offense punt. This was a scrub game for final roster.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

Our starting D minus Harris and Woodson were able to make the Titans first team offense punt. This was a scrub game for final roster.

Yeah if Chicago puts up 30 on us on the 10th then we have a problem. I'm looking forward to see how they gameplan to stop Reggie Bush in Week 2. I can hardly wait for the regular season. Enough of this pre season stuff. :p

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alittle off topic but does any one know who is starting quarterback for the bears??

i hope its grossman.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
alittle off topic but does any one know who is starting quarterback for the bears??

i hope its grossman.

Grossman is the starter. He'll be the starter for a while until Lovie Smith stops being stubborn and comes to his sense. I hope that's never but I'm guessing Week 5.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Cory said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

Yeah if Chicago puts up 30 on us on the 10th then we have a problem. I'm looking forward to see how they gameplan to stop Reggie Bush in Week 2. I can hardly wait for the regular season. Enough of this pre season stuff. :p

I sometimes wonder if we were playing a vanilla form of D this preseason in order for Sanders and MM to get a "look" at what they have. Seems they did alot of pedestrian blitz packages along with mostly man to man coverage.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
On the bright side, when was the last time the Bears scored 30 points?

26-0 Today,

So my question remains "Where was the D" ?

Note- Our starters were not all on the bench !!!

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The front seven were there -- the backfield was always a step or two (or more) behind the receiver. Unfortunately, Seven usually loses to Eleven.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Woodson's legs were sore again like against Cincy. Is that a round-about way to say that you feel old??

Members online

Latest posts