Where the Packers are in the NFC

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Dantés After sleeping on it and giving it some thought, I've decided that I've changed my mind in regards to Dallas. In this day in age getting to 3-0 is not an easy task as only 8 teams of 32 have done it so far. And granted not all 3-0 teams are created equal, I will acknowledge that while they have no control over their schedule they have been playing well, even though they SHOULD imo. With our division rivals breathing down our necks it really dawned on me how tough it is to win. So I have to be fair on that regard. Do I think everyone is overhyping them and they are a bit overrated? Yes. But on paper this team does indeed look like a contender.

Having said that. I look forward to when they fail yet again, and hopefully we'll be the ones to knock them from their perch like last time.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants and Redskins put 17 and 21 pints against them and they are absolute worst around. They were at par with the dreadful Dolphins till half time before they turned it on.

There is a 50/50 chance they'd lose coming game against Saints and 70/30 change to lose next one against us.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this rate, it might take a 14-2 record to win the division.
I hate to say it but it may actually take 12-4 considering how tight these division rivals are breathing down our throats. Both Chicago and Detroit should be have at least 2 losses right now.

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a couple of ex-nfl players that get no recognition that are pure geniuses.... I would like to highlight Jim Leonhard to start... The QB of the NY "revis island" jets... That squad went 3-4 seasons without allowing more than 14 points a game... I believe they averaged 10 allowed... The second you removed Jim with a broken leg from that squad teams started throwing 40 points on the board.... He was maybe the best safety in Badgers history and underrated and dismissed his entire NFL career because he's short... Real short... NOW! Putting up quite possibly the most dominant college offense through 4 weeks as a DC...

There is a point here....

Kellen Moore.... Never given any credit... Dismissed constantly as a NFL qb for height and arm strength... Even in college as the NCAA record holder for most wins with a starting record of 50-3... This guy has made Dallas look crazy good.... Scarier yet I doubt he's opened his playbook yet.... Green Bay has a legit D but to stop this guy and the Dallas O... They'll need to study everything Moore touched since highschool... Boise State... Detroit.... Everything...

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I'd rank the Cowboys, Rams, and, when Brees comes back, the Saints above the Packers (be honest, if Lindsay could run like that on the Packers I shudder to think of Kamara). I think the Packers could get to that level of MLF shows fans the offensive acumen he was hired for but right now I'd put the Packers in a second tier with the Seahawks.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Lindsay ran for 152 more yards and was 5.4 vs 4.6 yards per carry compared to Kamari. Not sure why that would make you shudder us vs the Saints. Brees may not even make playoffs when he comes back.
Rams have not played a QB yet, Gurley looks like he has not recovered from injury and Cowboys, while looking good, have not played a defense yet. Watch the games and watch our games. We so far, look as good as anyone in the NFC.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I'd rank the Cowboys, Rams, and, when Brees comes back, the Saints above the Packers (be honest, if Lindsay could run like that on the Packers I shudder to think of Kamara). I think the Packers could get to that level of MLF shows fans the offensive acumen he was hired for but right now I'd put the Packers in a second tier with the Seahawks.

Why is everyone for the most part afraid of New Orleans or at least view them as better than us? What exactly have they done to proven that they are superior? They have Brees? Big whoop, we have Rodgers. We also have a better defense and arguably just as good of a running game, and our receiving corp is just as good as theirs imo, and honestly I think more talented.

Rams don't scare me at all, they definitely look like they took a step back. Formidable yes, but I think we match up very well against them.

I already gave my thoughts regarding Dallas.

Now the GOOD news is that if we win this Thursday we'll only have to worry about one division rival breathing down our necks, I'm hoping Chicago wins for two reasons; One I can't stand the Vikings, and second I'm certain they'll likely lose a lot sooner than Minnesota.

Reaction score
Because they have the talent on the roster to match the performances, they were very good last year going 7-1 in the second half, and their offense is clicking while ours is still out of sync (and it isn't just the opponents we've faced).
I agree with this. They are better rounded today than us. That doesn’t imply we can’t get an upset in Dallas, but I’d rather be playing them in the “back 9” so to speak. It’s looking more and more like our Offense needs more time. Possibly another playmaker also. We will see shortly, Dallas is our biggest test as they are a balanced team in 2019. Likely one of the 2 most balanced in the NFC.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is everyone for the most part afraid of New Orleans or at least view them as better than us? What exactly have they done to proven that they are superior? They have Brees? Big whoop, we have Rodgers. We also have a better defense and arguably just as good of a running game, and our receiving corp is just as good as theirs imo, and honestly I think more talented.

Rams don't scare me at all, they definitely look like they took a step back. Formidable yes, but I think we match up very well against them.

I already gave my thoughts regarding Dallas.

Now the GOOD news is that if we win this Thursday we'll only have to worry about one division rival breathing down our necks, I'm hoping Chicago wins for two reasons; One I can't stand the Vikings, and second I'm certain they'll likely lose a lot sooner than Minnesota.

Saints and Rams have good defenses. As inconsistent as the Packers have looked on offense, the teams with good defenses concern me more. Plus, I sort of explained in my post why the Saints concern me. Just picture Lindsay running on the Packers last week and then replace him with Kamara...

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints and Rams have good defenses. As inconsistent as the Packers have looked on offense, the teams with good defenses concern me more. Plus, I sort of explained in my post why the Saints concern me. Just picture Lindsay running on the Packers last week and then replace him with Kamara...
The only team The Saints looked impressive defensively was against Seattle. So I don't get this idea of them having a good defense, considering both The Texans and The Rams scored at will, and with Houston, The Saints needed a last second field goal to win. If we're comparing defenses, ours is superior. Even if Brees returns, he's not going to be the same player as he was prior to his injury.

The Rams as I mentioned before they look like they took a step back, and in truth Cleveland should've beaten them. I honestly like how we match up against them tbh.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dallas haven't faced any opponent even to the caliber we have. They may be good, but at present it's just speculation.

So what if Cook and Lindsay ran against us? At the end the team's couldn't put up big scores. Our red zone D has been very good and I think our team can defo beat Cowboys, Rams and Saints.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think giving up some yards in the run game is part of the design actually. When they've had to they've mostly prevented it except for a 4th down run they held for a 2 yard loss until Lowry and kenny, both good tacklers, didn't tackle.

Other than that our Run D seems to be the exact opposite of our run offense. We seem to mostly win when we must on defense and when we must run for 2 yards we mostly lose on offense.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas haven't faced any opponent even to the caliber we have. They may be good, but at present it's just speculation.

So what if Cook and Lindsay ran against us? At the end the team's couldn't put up big scores. Our red zone D has been very good and I think our team can defo beat Cowboys, Rams and Saints.

So you don't think Kamara, with Brees at QB, might be worth a few points more than Lindsay? I understand optimism but c'mon, Kamara would have had a few TDs in that game with the bad tackling we saw against Denver.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you don't think Kamara, with Brees at QB, might be worth a few points more than Lindsay? I understand optimism but c'mon, Kamara would have had a few TDs in that game with the bad tackling we saw against Denver.

I was just saying NFC north status as of today. Too many things might change if you're referring to playoffs.

And yeah, even with Kamara and Brees I'm not that ready to declare us losers. It'd at best be 50/50. I trust Pettine is working on the Run D already and we should be able to improve.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just saying NFC north status as of today. Too many things might change if you're referring to playoffs.

And yeah, even with Kamara and Brees I'm not that ready to declare us losers. It'd at best be 50/50. I trust Pettine is working on the Run D already and we should be able to improve.

I never declared the Packers certain losers. I just think that the Saints, with Brees, would be favored against the Packers team as it is. If mlf's offense takes off then, obviously, I think that changes.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never declared the Packers certain losers. I just think that the Saints, with Brees, would be favored against the Packers team as it is. If mlf's offense takes off then, obviously, I think that changes.
And I don't see how you draw that conclusion, when A. Our defense appears to be better of the two. B. Brees is not going to be the same as he was coming back from the injury. C. Offenses have been capable of scoring on this team.

I think you're giving New Orleans way too much credit and way little credit to us.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I don't see how you draw that conclusion, when A. Our defense appears to be better of the two. B. Brees is not going to be the same as he was coming back from the injury. C. Offenses have been capable of scoring on this team.

I think you're giving New Orleans way too much credit(unquote)

Brees struck me as being in decline late last season. This injury and the time lost to it won't help matters.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we don't go back to that "bend but don't break" garbage. Especially since when it came down to it, they usually broke.

Staff online

Members online