Where the Packers are in the NFC

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
This.

They beat Giants and Redskins who both are closer to floor than ceiling. They have Tanking Dolphins and Backup QB Saints next so in all probability will be a 4-0 team when they visit us. And even a crappy Giants and Skins offense put 15+ points against them.

We'll be their first proper challenge and I think favourites to win this.
This x 10

Reaction score
Everyone is overrating the Cowboys...
I think if you’re being purely objective. I don’t think so.
Gallop is playing well. They gave a solid TE in Whitten, Cobb is a nice slot option and they lost nothing in Beasley. Zeke is consistently a dynamic player out of the backfield. Amari is Amari, he may not light the house on fire but he’ll keep it glowing.
The OL seems above average.
That’s just getting started. Their D is pretty solid. They don’t wow you in any area, but they get it done in all areas.
They could easily be 4-0 when we head to Dallas, so we should prepare for a hard fought battle. I’d give them a slight advantage until seen otherwise. Fortunately, we have 3 weeks of preparation to right this Offense.

We will likely be their toughest test through 8 weeks.
Dolphins, Giants, Eagles, Saints, Jets? Who’s going to stop them if we don’t?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't buy The Failcons. The way I see it they were lucky to beat a depleted Philly squad.

I'll take them winning the south if the Saints don't find ways to win until Brees comes back, cuz it damn sure don't look like the Bucs and Panthers are going to do that.

Reaction score
I'm sticking with the Packers going 19-0. Just knock 'em down. One by one...
I’m not sure if your being sarcastic. But that holds true from a biblical standpoint.
Slow down, concentrate on your current opponent and get a W. Sometimes we get ahead of ourselves, the only win that matters is the one in front of us.
While Dallas is well rounded, We have a higher ceiling if we can get our Offense playing in cohesion.

I think it’s more adapting to a complex system than it is lack of talent. I present the evidence of Rodgers having to direct players to line up properly on several plays throughout the game (the ones we know about). I submit that other players also have been occasionally executing the play incorrectly.

Sometimes you got to take a step back before taking two forward. Every company goes through growing pains and that’s a part of what we’re seeing right now. Regardless, we should be proactive at growing the O talent to coincide with our comfort level in this new O system.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure if your being sarcastic. But that holds true from a biblical standpoint.
Slow down, concentrate on your current opponent and get a W. Sometimes we get ahead of ourselves, the only win that matters is the one in front of us.
While Dallas is well rounded, We have a higher ceiling if we can get our Offense playing in cohesion.

I think it’s more adapting to a complex system than it is lack of talent. I present the evidence of Rodgers having to direct players to line up properly on several plays throughout the game (the ones we know about). I submit that other players also have been occasionally executing the play incorrectly.

Sometimes you got to take a step back before taking two forward. Every company goes through growing pains and that’s a part of what we’re seeing right now. Regardless, we should be proactive at growing the O talent to coincide with our comfort level in this new O system.
Funny, but, I'm not throwing sarcasm at all. I believe in our defense, big time. I also feel the system was going to take a solid 6 weeks offensively to work out kinks and expand. Thought, if our defense can keep us in games, or win games outright during that time, this Packers team could become a Lamborghini in a race with other Ugos....

Now, I understand the improbability, even with the best teams, but I do believe it is possible this year. Would take a good numbers of balls bouncing our way, but, hey... it happened to the '72 Fish. We already snuck up on two of our top division foes and took them down. We'll see.

Agree, Oldy. We have the talent offensively, and we sure do defensively. STs is coming around nicely. A lot would have to go right, but, we are due for a relatively healthy season for the Packers. Also, the attitude permeating throughout this team in terms of good health, taking care of your body, being available, is something we have not seen in years. The Smith Bros. Amos. They bring an attitude adjustment that seems to be contagious, with the likes of Aaron Jones, Kevin King, Josh Jackson (who can't wait to get out there) and others. I'm sure Bulaga wants to play the entire season without injury. It would be insanely cool to see. If LaFleur can get Aaron Rodgers untracked, and back to doing what he did in 2010-11...

Reaction score
Agree, Oldy. We have the talent offensively, and we sure do defensively. STs is coming around nicely. A lot would have to go right, but, we are due for a relatively healthy season for the Packers. Also, the attitude permeating throughout this team in terms of good health, taking care of your body, being available, is something we have not seen in years. The Smith Bros. Amos. They bring an attitude adjustment that seems to be contagious, with the likes of Aaron Jones, Kevin King, Josh Jackson (who can't wait to get out there) and others. I'm sure Bulaga wants to play the entire season without injury. It would be insanely cool to see. If LaFleur can get Aaron Rodgers untracked, and back to doing what he did in 2010-11...
Absolutely. That’s our plan. It’s my belief this was a 2yr plan though. I think we’re lining up our draft capital to be able to package picks and get 3 more players through the draft that are starters in ‘20
2 O
1 D
Then 2 more through FA.
1 O
1 D
That’s why we cut/traded Daniels, Davis, McCray, etc..

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tier 1: Saints
Tier 2: Rams
Tier 3: Bears / Packers
Tier 4: Eagles / Vikings / Cowboys / Hawks

Time to update my tiers:

Tier 1: Packers, Rams
Tier 2: Cowboys, Seahawks
Tier 3: Bears, Vikings, Lions, Eagles
Tier ∞: Saints

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Another week in and I continue to view only the Cowboys as being a team that deserves to be ranked ahead of the Packers in the NFC.

After Dallas, I think the Packers, Rams, Saints, and the surprising 49ers are in a conversation.

The Eagles are a better roster than record, but they're so banged up right now that you can't tell. The Packers are catching them at the right time-- at home, on a short week, with lots of injuries.

If we look at the NFL as a whole, the Patriots, Chiefs, and Ravens are three AFC teams that I would rank ahead of Green Bay right now. The Bills would be another team in the conversation for me.

So depending on how you slotted them within that tier, the Packers are somewhere from 2-5 in the NFC, and somewhere from 5-9 in the league as a whole.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another week in and I continue to view only the Cowboys as being a team that deserves to be ranked ahead of the Packers in the NFC.

After Dallas, I think the Packers, Rams, Saints, and the surprising 49ers are in a conversation.

The Eagles are a better roster than record, but they're so banged up right now that you can't tell. The Packers are catching them at the right time-- at home, on a short week, with lots of injuries.

If we look at the NFL as a whole, the Patriots, Chiefs, and Ravens are three AFC teams that I would rank ahead of Green Bay right now. The Bills would be another team in the conversation for me.

So depending on how you slotted them within that tier, the Packers are somewhere from 2-5 in the NFC, and somewhere from 5-9 in the league as a whole.

Why? I don't see how they are better. Imo we have a better defensive front, and a better secondary. Dallas is beating up on mediocre teams. So of course they look better than advertise. I hate the fact that they got these 3 easy opponents because that keeps them relatively fresh, as opposed to us who have been facing more challenging defenses. The only good thing I'll say is imo we're more battle tested. But having said that winning these 3 games against such sorry adversaries, might give an extra confidence, especially considering in two weeks they'll be facing the team that's been given them horrors over the past few years. You can bet Dak and everyone else is marking out game on their calendar, and in their heart of hearts they want to beat us. And while they may, it's like I told my friend, who's a Dallas fan; they may win, but in the end we'll have the last laugh.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why? Dallas is beating up on mediocre teams. So of course they look better than advertise. I hate the fact that they got these 3 easy opponents because that keeps them relatively fresh, as opposed to us who have been facing more challenging defenses. The only good thing I'll say is imo we're more battle tested. But having said that winning these 3 games against such sorry adversaries, might give an extra confidence, especially considering in two weeks they'll be facing the team that's been given them horrors over the past few years. You can bet Dak and everyone else is marking out game on their calendar, and in their heart of hearts they want to beat us. And while they may, it's like I told my friend, who's a Dallas fan; they may win, but in the end we'll have the last laugh.

Because they have the talent on the roster to match the performances, they were very good last year going 7-1 in the second half, and their offense is clicking while ours is still out of sync (and it isn't just the opponents we've faced).

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because they have the talent on the roster to match the performances, they were very good last year going 7-1 in the second half, and their offense is clicking while ours is still out of sync (and it isn't just the opponents we've faced).
Dude do not be deceived by their record last year. Here's a fact regarding that 7-1 run. Go back and look at the teams. Of the teams they've beaten, only 2 of them had winning records, being New Orleans and Philly. They are decent, but imo it's a bunch of smoke and mirrors. They like the Los Angeles Chargers, nothing but posers, masking around as contenders when they are actually pretenders.

They are formidable, but they aren't as great as everyone is making them to be. Especially their defense. Now granted because it's US they'll probably kick up a notch or two just because they want to beat us. Tbh them beating us will be their Superbowl. Because they sure as hell aren't getting their unless some major injuries occur for other NFC opponents.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dude do not be deceived by their record last year. Here's a fact regarding that 7-1 run. Go back and look at the teams. Of the teams they've beaten, only 2 of them had winning records, being New Orleans and Philly. They are decent, but imo it's a bunch of smoke and mirrors. They like the Los Angeles Chargers, nothing but posers, masking around as contenders when they are actually pretenders.

They are formidable, but they aren't as great as everyone is making them to be. Especially their defense. Now granted because it's US they'll probably kick up a notch or two just because they want to beat us. Tbh them beating us will be their Superbowl. Because they sure as hell aren't getting their unless some major injuries occur for other NFC opponents.

They have a great offensive line, one of the best running backs in the league, a good QB who is ascendant, a number of new weapons, and elite talent at each level of their defense.

So you're telling me that the super talented roster who, since midway last season, is 11-2 including the playoffs is just smoke and mirrors? That is some really wishful thinking.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a great offensive line, one of the best running backs in the league, a good QB who is ascendant, a number of new weapons, and elite talent at each level of their defense.

So you're telling me that the super talented roster who, since midway last season, is 11-2 including the playoffs is just smoke and mirrors? That is some really wishful thinking.
I mean am I wrong? Look at those teams in which they've beaten. Only 2 of them had winning records, 3 if we're including Seattle, in which they BARELY beaten. Imo it's easy to beat to look good when you beat up on mediocre teams. Doing that inflates your stats if anything.

Case in point look at the Chargers. Last year they looked like a legitimate contenders only for them to get spanked around by New England.

I just think Dallas benefited from playing against cupcake competition, and they are just extremely overrated, as well as their quarterback.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I mean am I wrong? Look at those teams in which they've beaten. Only 2 of them had winning records, 3 if we're including Seattle, in which they BARELY beaten. Imo it's easy to beat to look good when you beat up on mediocre teams. Doing that inflates your stats if anything.

Case in point look at the Chargers. Last year they looked like a legitimate contenders only for them to get spanked around by New England.

I just think Dallas benefited from playing against cupcake competition, and they are just extremely overrated, as well as their quarterback.

I realize they've played lousy opponents this season. They can't control who they play. They've beaten them by a collective 97-44. I am sure they won't roll everyone who they play. But based on how they ended last year, the talent on the roster, their current record, and how they're executing, I think they deserve to be ranked #1 in the NFC.

You keep bringing up L.A. as though the example of another team means something for this one. You thinking they're like the Chargers is not an argument. It's just you thinking something.

Their opponents in that second half of the season, including playoffs, were 88-72. Without the playoffs, they were 65-63. So you are wrong when you talk about "cupcake competition." The competition was pretty average.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just don’t mention Randal Cobb lol.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize they've played lousy opponents this season. They can't control who they play. They've beaten them by a collective 97-44. I am sure they won't roll everyone who they play. But based on how they ended last year, the talent on the roster, their current record, and how they're executing, I think they deserve to be ranked #1 in the NFC.

You keep bringing up L.A. as though the example of another team means something for this one. You thinking they're like the Chargers is not an argument. It's just you thinking something.

Their opponents in that second half of the season, including playoffs, were 88-72. Without the playoffs, they were 65-63. So you are wrong when you talk about "cupcake competition." The competition was pretty average.

I brought up The Chargers due to how they were hyped up to be a major contender only to get beaten in epic proportion against The Patriots, who are true contenders. They were pretenders masking as contenders. That was what I was trying to say.

As far as The Cowboys are concern in my opinion they fall in this same category. Overrated and overhyped. We'll see.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a side note, it appears after tonight, we'll be the only 3-0 team to have faced teams with a winning record.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts