1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Where the *%^# are the refs?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by screwballl, Oct 17, 2010.

1. screwballl

screwballl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I have been watching every game this season. In ALL of the last 4 games, I have seen MINIMUM 6 MAJOR flags each game that were never called (love instant replay). The most important was the helmet to helmet on Aaron Rodgers.

In todays game against Miami just in the 4th quarter there were 4 major flags that were never called... late hit on the quarterback, 2 big defensive holding calls that would have given us 1st down and the offensive pass interference for blatantly running into Woodson that instead went against GB defense. Also the celebration/taunting against Miami after their last TD was never called either, the replay showed the refs were too busy watching the GB players, not watching the guy who made the TD.

So I am wondering who the hell is (not) making these calls? The conspiracy theorist in me says the refs have the ear pieces and have someone up top telling them to NOT throw the flag if it benefits GB.

If ALL or most of these had been called properly, GB would most likely be undefeated even with the current injuries.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Rodgers HAS to start saying something, this is getting absolutely ridiculous.

3. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    he did first quarter and hochuli blew him off

4. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah, I've noticed Rodgers getting in the refs face now and again...alas, it is to no avail. The refs just blow him off, and continue calling their one-sided game.

I wouldn't really have any problem with these (occasionally) ticky tac no-calls, if those same calls weren't going AGAINST the Pack.

5. screwballl

screwballl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah I saw that twice this game.

6. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Somebody needs to say something, this is getting out of hand. If not Rogers, then TT or MM needs so step up for their QB and team. It's costing us games we could of won. I've complained about officiating before but this is the first time they have made me truly livid. I'm freaking seething.

7. irlpacker

irlpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The late hits on Rogers are getting ridiculous now. He won't make to the end of the season if this keeps up.
    Also every time the other team puts the ball in the air I'm expecting to see a flag fly in because one of our backs sneezed on one of their receivers.

8. BBalzWI

BBalzWI Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    On that helmet to the chin, Rodgers chipped 2 teeth.

The thing is, it doesn't matter if the NFL fines those players after the game. Those flags can be game changing. Especially the one against the Redskins in OT last week.

9. Zeppelinelite51

Zeppelinelite51 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I usually try not to blame the refs.. but this is getting way way to ridiculous, I feel so bad for Rodgers getting his *** kicked.. if he was a Tom Brady a BrINT Fail, or a Peyton Manning I would bet money he would get the flags he wants. Just pisses me off so much, plus Hochulie is a steaming pile of fail for a ref.

10. byroan

byroan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There's no penalty for taunting the fans....

The refs were on the field. They gave the Packers the ball on 4th and 1, even though it was clearly a first down.

11. a1265

a1265 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think some of it falls on coaching. They need to stand up for the QB and show them(the refs) and ask why game after game it is not being called.

12. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    you guys are missing the point, why is rodgers getting hit everyplay?

13. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    He shouldn't be. Lack of protection from the O-Line or horrible play calling. That is not the refs fault but rather something the Packers really need to improve upon if they expect their starting QB to last.

14. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    Refs

retired

15. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

16. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    ordinarily I'd agree, but on the one replay it really looked like Jenkins had a hold of the Viking WR by the hand as he tried to jump.... It was either going to be Illegal Contact, PI, or Holding at that point IMO. either way it was an automatic first down.

17. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

18. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    Worst call I've seen since I don't know when was the illegal formation penalty that gave the Fins a first down and kept an otherwise dead drive alive leading to a TD. I think Eddie needs to spend less time in the gym and more time in the rules book. The intent of that rule is to keep rushing defenders off the long snappers, our guy was at least a yard (maybe two) off of him and didn't even engage him after the snap. Game changed by officials.

19. screwballl

screwballl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Sad part is that this continues against the Packs, game after game after game. I saw it starting on some key plays towards the end of the year last year and it seems they really stepped up the (lack of) calls this year.

The Redskins are showing their true skills right now as Indy is taking them to the cleaners. That should have been an easy win, just as it should have been a well earned win against the Miami fishfaces...