Where should I attend my next Packers' game?

freethrowdunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last couple of seasons I told my self if Favre plays again im going to go watch him live (at least once in my life). Well in the 06-07 season I saw him in San Fransisco. Then he decides to return to the game so i decide to visit another city to watch him play and that was just a few months ago in Minnesota against the Queens. I've already seen the Packers schedule (minus the official times and dates) for this upcoming season and the best city to visit out of all of those IMO would be Tampa.

If Favre returns again (which i think he will), I'd really want to see him play on home turf. Is it really that hard to find tickets to a packer home game? How about to book a hotel room for a couple nights. Since the city is relatively small, do hotels get full quickly during and a couple days before game day?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
You can pretty much find tickets for any game on E-bay I've found. They may cost ya a bit more, but it's worth it. There's nothing like actually seeing the packers play at Lambeau. See a game there above all else!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"There's nothing like actually seeing the packers play at Lambeau"

And I believe Dallas is coming to town this year. Sweet revenge game that would be to watch !!!

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm making the trip out to Lambeau this year for sure. It's a big trip for me (from California). I have a feeling it's gonna be great! I'm thinking maybe a Vikes game. Suggestions?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where should I attend my next Packers' game?

Take my advice. Trust me!

Go and see the Packers In Tampa Bay Next Year.

It is a good venue. The weather is nice, and the fishing is spectacular.

NEXT YEAR.... YOU HAVE TO ATTEND THE PACKER GAME IN TAMPA BAY.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Raider fan in Sacramento telling me I should see a Green Bay Packers football game in Tampa Bay because there's great fishing... That's way too many cities and conflicts in one sentence for me... Something isn't right.

And what's with the hypnotist style verbage in bold caps?

OP
OP
F

freethrowdunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm making the trip out to Lambeau this year for sure. It's a big trip for me (from California). I have a feeling it's gonna be great! I'm thinking maybe a Vikes game. Suggestions?

I'll be doing the same (location wise). As far as for which game?....I think seeing the cowboys game should be a hell of a game, but if not that then any game will do, as long as it's in Lambeau.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the fascination with Tampa Bay? I'm almost afraid of it now. I feel like I'm being hard sold on a vacuum.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys would definitely be a great game. Gotta wait until August for the schedule :-\
The schedule last year came out in April.

And you should definitely go to Lambeau. The atmosphere, the people, the food...its amazing. Stubhub.com is another good site to get Packers tickets.

And you will need to book your hotel room like the day the schedule comes out, or very shortly there after, as they will fill up very fast.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion (for what it's worth) is to NOT try for a Dallas, Vikings, or Bears game at Lambeau. (But you NEED to see them play at Lambeau!!!)
The reason is........those games are gonna be the HARDEST to get tickets to, and the most expensive. I would also suggest an early in the season game, so that you can be comfortable as it can get pretty nasty in the winter. (As i'm sure you saw on TV last weekend).
Hotels charge about double (or more) then their normal rates on game weekends, so try to get your tickets and room set up WAY in advance.

And just have fun!
Also, allow yourself time to see all the Packer stuff, like the Packer Hall of Fame, and the stadium tour. (It's all right in Lambeau field, and a must see!)

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion (for what it's worth) is to NOT try for a Dallas, Vikings, or Bears game at Lambeau. (But you NEED to see them play at Lambeau!!!)
The reason is........those games are gonna be the HARDEST to get tickets to, and the most expensive. I would also suggest an early in the season game, so that you can be comfortable as it can get pretty nasty in the winter. (As i'm sure you saw on TV last weekend).
Hotels charge about double (or more) then their normal rates on game weekends, so try to get your tickets and room set up WAY in advance.

And just have fun!
Also, allow yourself time to see all the Packer stuff, like the Packer Hall of Fame, and the stadium tour. (It's all right in Lambeau field, and a must see!)

you are right cheesey! the cheapest game to go to will prolly be the texans, but I wouldn't wanna see the packers play my hometown texans. I wanna see them play somebody who I can cheer full G force against! I will just save my money and circle a reasonable game to go to and make it a goal. maybe some nice folks on here can let me tag along in their tailgate? :pop:

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm making a trip out to Lambeau this year too. I live in NJ now.

I went to Packers / Giants game in NJ, where they kicked ***! The Giants fans were rude and they wouldn't let us bring our sign in the stadium (hmmmm! wonder why?), but it was a great game.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about hitting New Orleans to catch them and The Saints (my gf's team). Pre Katrina I always wanted to visit for the food and music so it would be nice to get down there and also have a game to look forward to involving my Packers.

I still can't believe I missed the Green Bay game last year in Buffalo. That should have been a no-brainer with the tours we have going on in this city for NFL games.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to Lambeau for the first time this year. My fiancee and I didn't decide to go until late September and we decided we both wanted to experience Lambeau in December, so we went to the game against Detroit.

Granted, the starters weren't out there forever, we still had a great time. We were also able to get a hotel rather late as well.

I can't recommend it any higher. Lambeau Field and Green Bay (in fact, Wisconsin as a whole) are special places.

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about hitting New Orleans to catch them and The Saints (my gf's team). Pre Katrina I always wanted to visit for the food and music so it would be nice to get down there and also have a game to look forward to involving my Packers.

I still can't believe I missed the Green Bay game last year in Buffalo. That should have been a no-brainer with the tours we have going on in this city for NFL games.

Hmm I didnt know we were going there. I might have to settle with that if I can't financially afford gb. NO is much closer to houston and will for sure be more affordable

jbroad70

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm making a trip out to Lambeau this year too. I live in NJ now.

I went to Packers / Giants game in NJ, where they kicked ***! The Giants fans were rude and they wouldn't let us bring our sign in the stadium (hmmmm! wonder why?), but it was a great game.

i also live in nj (jersey city) and want to see a game at lambeau. maybe we can get a big group of nj packer fans together and all go to green bay together!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As someone said as soon as schedule comes out CALL FOR A HOTEL ROOM!!

You can get one close to the stadium or drive about 30 mins away and get one for probably half the price..

but you have to see a game in GB ( if not the SB, those tickets will be like $3000 )

Members online

Latest posts