Where is Green Bay Packers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm still around but don't post as much as I used to. It's not because of the members or mods. I like this board a LOT better than others I was on which were dominated by a select few who considered themselves "experts" on everything and when those of us who weren't "experts" posted it was often pooh poohed or moderated.

I backed off on my excitement for the NFL because of the antics of the current front office. I watch, but I just don't get into as much right now because of what I think are systemic problems in the front office.

But again, this is a great forum.

It's not an easy job to be a moderator. I was kindly invited once to join the moderating team on this board, but I know I would not make a good moderator. I believe there is a tough balance to keep between disagreement and disagreeableness. One is fine in a forum the other is not. Just my opinion.

Sometimes in the past I was disagreeable and the mods brought it to my attention. I thought to myself; "Self, you *were* out of line." So I appreciated what the moderators did.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With new posters it isn't about how you feel you are treating them. It's about how they feel they are being treated.

It doesnt matter how the new member is acting, EVERYONE needs to be super nice to the newbie?

Infighting is something we arent tolerating and you were told at least 2 times to stop, no warning, just please put on ignore..After those requests, you proceeded to dig up a 3 month old thread just to stick it to the person we told you to ignore.

Sorry, but to get respect as a newbie, you have to show the same respect you are looking for

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have NEVER done these things but in the last week I feel us mods (or me more in particular) have to defend our actions so people dont get a tainted view..This is the 2nd time someone tries to act like they have done nothing wrong.

you wont like this, and others here wont either..but its time for me to call you out.

From a convo with you and us mods...

I said people want links to show your sources...Your reply..

Frankly, I don't care what they think. If they don't want to take me seriously when I am obviously one of the most knowledgeable people on the draft (I went through and read old draft topics and yes, I am one of the most knowledgeable people this board has in regards to the draft) then that is their loss.

A mods reply

So we can either trust that you are as good as you say or we can wait until next spring to see if you can walk the walk. I'll wait.

You called that mod CLASSY

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
With new posters it isn't about how you feel you are treating them. It's about how they feel they are being treated.
This is a revealing comment. IMO it smacks of entitlement. Again just my opinion but respect needs to be earned and that doesn’t happen in a day or two. BTW, in my last post I wrote, "a select few begin by posting how much they know about the Packers and football rather than showing how much they know by their postings". I didn't include you in that group but after reading LTF's post, that was an error on my part.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this thread has really derailed.

Please get back on topic.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, this thread has really derailed.

Please get back on topic.
It is on topic. You asked where is so-and-so, others wondered about where some other posters are and a couple of posters said they left because the mods are unfair. So whether you like it or not, it is on topic.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Ok Draft... you MUST be right and nobody would blame you if you joined an ESPN forum...you shouldn't have to take this by crackie.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm not trying to start anything, but new members are treated pretty poorly on here. If the forum wants new ideas and new personalities then I think the people on here need to treat the new people better. For instance, I posted my thoughts from the last draft and I was basically called a liar. There have been many other ways I have been treated poorly as a new forum member as well, but I think you get the point. And I don't want to make it out to be like it's everybody because it's not. There are just a few select people that I would say that want to have a stranglehold on the forums and treat new members very badly.

No you haven`t at all. The other week you repeatedly abused and ridiculed another member of the forum over his opinions on a thread. You repeatedly demanded sources for his opinions, and you were in clear breach of the forum rules about showing respect to other members. If you keep putting yourself in the firing line, people have the right to challenge your opinions. YOU are the one who needs to treat people with more respect, then maybe you will earn the respect of others.

Last edited by a moderator:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm fairly new here and have never felt that I've been treated poorly here. All in all, I feel that most everyone is at least respectful of others opinions especially if they are stated as such. I think it helps if posters use their words carefully especially when directly refuting other posters. I understand that the in-game chat is going to have emotional posts but todays first quarter was a complete meltdown in the chat. It was embarrassing to read some of that stuff.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
Me too. See the post above... it was a hurtful thing to say. ;)

Draft, I don't mean to denigrate what you say above, I'm just saying that this place is conceivably the most tightly run "fan forum" on the net -- at least from what I've seen. I used to moderate at a couple of very busy sites (and had my fill by the way) where confrontation was almost encouraged.

The amount of what I'd call 'brutal' commentary here is minimal and even that is kept in check.

On the flip side of that coin, one needs to keep in mind that THIS is an internet professional football fan forum. As we well know, some folks think that their postings here will earn them eligibility for a Pulitzer ... that their notions are gifts handed straight down from God herself. Feelings get hurt and perceived implications (real or imagined) contained within a post can be misconstrued. Like email, posts in any forum format, can be easily misunderstood and/or misstated because not everyone has a command of the English language and clarity of thought as I do. ;)

In short, I think that the posters here are some of the most well informed and genuinely good people as I've found. Just my opinion...but...that is the reason I keep coming back these last 10 years. Then again, my opinion and a bus token won't get you across town. (I know a lady who tells me that a bus token will get her across town... it's my opinion that isn't worth sh*t. I love that lady. :) )

T I think the Mods here are pretty liberal and listen to all points of view. I used to hang out at a great fan board until this ***** becamea moderator who banned anyone who remotly disagreed with him. Ruined a great board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts