Where is Green Bay Packers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The member mod who had a bromance for Mason Crosby.
He seemed like a real nice guy and never really had a bad thing to write about anybody or anything.
Is it cool that I ask what happened to him?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He was from south america I think??

We dont know what happened

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was from south america I think??

We dont know what happened
I think the mod/member who we also haven't read from in awhile from S.A. is PackRUS. (Was that his screen name?)
He had Reggie White holding up his helmet for his avatar.
Where did he go as well?

GBP was in England, I think.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
i haven't seen either post in forever... alot GreenBayPackerGal , Mushroom,..and someone that had a owl avatar.. maybe that is one and the same... hmmm

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Murgen or something like that was the owl avatar! Slow but sure... :sneaky:

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i haven't seen either post in forever... alot GreenBayPackerGal , Mushroom,..and someone that had a owl avatar.. maybe that is one and the same... hmmm
They were all good and they are missed.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The member mod who had a bromance for Mason Crosby.
He seemed like a real nice guy and never really had a bad thing to write about anybody or anything.
Is it cool that I ask what happened to him?

Yes it is cool, we get members only to loose them. Some needed to be driven away, others should never have been banned. A 10 day cool down period ( with notification ) could work . Having authority does give the right to intimidate others. How many good members have left due to just that reason. Where is Bogart, 13 Times Champs, etc. ?

I encourage all members to invite their friends and acquaintances to visit our forum . We need diversity of thought and ideas .

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
And in a wheel chair! LOL

Me too. See the post above... it was a hurtful thing to say. ;)

Draft, I don't mean to denigrate what you say above, I'm just saying that this place is conceivably the most tightly run "fan forum" on the net -- at least from what I've seen. I used to moderate at a couple of very busy sites (and had my fill by the way) where confrontation was almost encouraged.

The amount of what I'd call 'brutal' commentary here is minimal and even that is kept in check.

On the flip side of that coin, one needs to keep in mind that THIS is an internet professional football fan forum. As we well know, some folks think that their postings here will earn them eligibility for a Pulitzer ... that their notions are gifts handed straight down from God herself. Feelings get hurt and perceived implications (real or imagined) contained within a post can be misconstrued. Like email, posts in any forum format, can be easily misunderstood and/or misstated because not everyone has a command of the English language and clarity of thought as I do. ;)

In short, I think that the posters here are some of the most well informed and genuinely good people as I've found. Just my opinion...but...that is the reason I keep coming back these last 10 years. Then again, my opinion and a bus token won't get you across town. (I know a lady who tells me that a bus token will get her across town... it's my opinion that isn't worth sh*t. I love that lady. :) )

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start anything, but new members are treated pretty poorly on here. If the forum wants new ideas and new personalities then I think the people on here need to treat the new people better. For instance, I posted my thoughts from the last draft and I was basically called a liar. There have been many other ways I have been treated poorly as a new forum member as well, but I get the point. And I don't want to make it out to be like it's everybody because it's not. There are just a few select people that I would say that want to have a stranglehold on the forums and treat new members very badly.
I've been on other forums where basically all non regular posters are ignored. The same 4-6 posters talk to themselves and only respond as a group to the outlandish trolls. Almost akin to sitting next to a table of old cranky retirees that meet every morning for coffee at the local diner. All of the same mindset, do not take kindly to strangers. Here at least new people with a valid opinion (mine or wrong) are responded to and don't have to necessarily be trolls to get a response.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start anything, but new members are treated pretty poorly on here. If the forum wants new ideas and new personalities then I think the people on here need to treat the new people better. For instance, I posted my thoughts from the last draft and I was basically called a liar. There have been many other ways I have been treated poorly as a new forum member as well, but I get the point. And I don't want to make it out to be like it's everybody because it's not. There are just a few select people that I would say that want to have a stranglehold on the forums and treat new members very badly.

Not tryin to start anything? Ok then my reply isnt trying to start anything either

Every new one? Pretty bold accusations. Have you talked to everyone to get come to that statement?

Since it is in season to call the mods out, I am going to lay it out so you finally get it.

You said packers were in talks to build a new stadium- but no source to back it up. You ruffled feathers with that statement.

You had arguments with a few, mods repeatedly asked you to ignore but you refused. Even a week later you kept arguing and instigating

you brought up the buried draft thread just to stick it capt? It was 3? Months buried.

Which led to you picked the draft almost perfect but refused to show it. Again ruffled feathers

So while you want to complain new users are treated bad (really only you basicly) but you cant see why you were treated that way?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I disagree with you on this. New members who contribute intelligent posts are brought in right away. If you come in talking crap, people will ignore you. That is why it is prudent when on a new board to pay attention to what people are talking about. Believe me, being a new member on a Packer board is not easy at times. I currently belong to 3. And while it takes time to get to know people, not making stupid comments or ticking people off right away goes far.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start anything, but new members are treated pretty poorly on here.
I think what you are really saying is you think you were treated poorly. IMO that had a lot to do with your attitude when you joined. In addition to what LTF posted, the day after you joined I challenged three assertions you made in a post, including that Tretter got “thrown back” almost every snap (against the Rams). I posted that wasn’t what I saw and asked if you had specific examples. You answered that post (without specific examples) and before I could respond to that post, the thread was closed. In the meantime I had gone back over the Rams game and looked at every snap Tretter played during the first two drives of that game. I detailed every snap of the first drive. I wanted to continue the conversation so I quoted your post from the closed thread on another thread and PM’d you to let you know because you wouldn’t receive an alert. IOW, I didn’t want you to feel blindsided. What was your reply? “Yeah, I saw that. Stop crossing threads.”

IMO the only newcomers that have a difficult time here are those that come with the attitude you displayed. Or worse, a select few begin by posting how much they know about the Packers and football rather than showing how much they know by their postings (one particular self-described detective comes to mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts