Where is DuJuan?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Starks gets about every third series, usually after a long offensive series and then the D forcing a quick 3 and out. Gives Lacy an extended breather that way.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not talking about reducing Lacy's snaps. I'm talking about splitting Starks'
That's the problem - there aren't enough "non-Lacy" snaps to go around. In 11 games Starks has run the ball 58 times. Splitting those carries would mean both Starks and Harris running the ball 2-3 times each per game. I don't think that's a great idea. I like Harris a lot and I think he provides more of a change of pace to Lacy than Starks does. IMO the Packers are deeper at running back than they have been since the 2003 season when Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport and Tony Fisher all averaged 5 ypc or more. But I think Harris needs to overtake Starks as the #2 RB to earn more carries. Having each of them running the ball 2-3 times a game would be more likely to lead to fumbles than be a benefit.

H

HardRightEdge

Lacy is a very good receiver and pass blocker. Starks has stone-hands tendencies if the ball is not right on him, but his pass blocking has improved significantly. Both can pound it between the tackles, of course, and Starks is fairly quick to the edge if there's a matchup to be exploited there. In other words, there's not much the 1 and 2 don't have covered.

Harris is a decent all-around back. We've seen him run and catch effectively. He's a surprisingly good blocker for a short guy, probably better than Starks. It's hard to think Lacy and Starks will both make it to the end of the season without one of them missing some time. At that point, Harris will get some snaps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts