Where is ....?, don't recall his name!

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
link

I know there was a QB up in the frozen tundra..... I am sure.... he had that funny name that was spelled other than spoken.... s.th. like Varweiy, Fanfray, Fandley or so.....his first name I think was Bert or Ben or Bill. I know his jersey had a number in the top ten, maybe even top 5.
Can anybody help me out??? :evil: :evil:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
But not for the All-Time-Super-Bowl-Team! :evil: :?: :evil:

The name escapes me, as well - but I remember he went to back-to-back SuperBowls... guess there's some "other" criteria, beforehand.... Can't think what'd it be, tho' -- 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :idea:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.J. Rubley? #12 10 years ago

Do you have a number? It can be looked up.

There was a Favre #4 that is not spelled as pronounced.

Danny Wuerffel #7?

Steve Pisarkiewicz #19? That was pronounced as it is spelled though.

OP
OP
B

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
T.J. Rubley? #12 10 years ago

Do you have a number? It can be looked up.

There was a Favre #4 that is not spelled as pronounced.

Danny Wuerffel #7?

Steve Pisarkiewicz #19? That was pronounced as it is spelled though.

That #4 guy, Favre, he's the one! I think he misses on that espn- alltime superbowl-team ballot for QB's.

rabidgopher04 said:
Favre only won 1 Super Bowl. All those other QBs won multiple ones.

Joe Namath ------------> 1 SB
Phil Simms --------------> 1 SB
Doug Williams ---------->1 SB
Steve Young ------------>1 SB

In the three years following Super Bowl XXIX, the 49ers would be eliminated each year by Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers, twice in San Francisco. However, in 1998, Young would finally best Favre in the NFC wild card game, as he threw the winning touchdown to wide receiver Terrell Owens as time expired to win the game 30-27. In deference to Dwight Clark's legendary catch against the Dallas Cowboys in the 1981 NFC championship game, Owens' grab was called "The Catch II". However, a week later, the 49ers were upset by the Atlanta Falcons 20-18 in the divisional playoffs.

Steve Young (athlete)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing was for All-time Super Bowl QB. The four guys you mentioned that only won 1 (Namath, Simms, Williams and Young), I believe, all won the Super Bowl MVP award. Favre didn't. They gotta cut it off somewhere!

OP
OP
B

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
The thing was for All-time Super Bowl QB. The four guys you mentioned that only won 1 (Namath, Simms, Williams and Young), I believe, all won the Super Bowl MVP award. Favre didn't. They gotta cut it off somewhere!

Finally. Seems to be the criterion.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
Steve Young ------------>1 SB

In the three years following Super Bowl XXIX, the 49ers would be eliminated each year by Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers, twice in San Francisco.

However, in 1998, Young would finally best Favre in the NFC wild card game, as he threw the winning touchdown to wide receiver Terrell Owens as time expired to win the game 30-27.

You don't really want to bring this game again, do you?

If not for the BAD referee job - can you say FIXED? - Terrell Owens never gets that opportunity.

Once and for all - JERRY RICE FUMBLED....
The Niners should have never gotten the ball back....

In an honest world, Steve Young has NEVER beaten the Packers!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts