Where in the world is Jeff Janis

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I thought I seen a glimpse of him on a kick return but wasn't quite sure. But we need to find him and have him be the number 3 reciever.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones not really getting it done. Adams needs fine tuning as well. Montster needs to get healthy.

And more janis....

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, clearly Janis lacks polish at this point, no doubt. But here's the bottom line: when he's on the field, good things tend to happen. Let him run some fly routes to open things up underneath. Someone has to go with him and if he burns his man, they will have to supply safety help. Then give him the occasional drag route and let him use his feet. With the two kick returns the past two games, he has proven himself a legit threat with the ball in his hands. Not only is he fast, he's strong and breaks tackles.

Get Montgomery and Quarless back healthy and start using Janis in whatever capacity possible and things will change.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones not really getting it done. Adams needs fine tuning as well. Montster needs to get healthy.

And more janis....

Adams needs to be bumped down the depth chart. For all the talk of players needing Rodgers' "trust" I can't for the life of me figure out why Rodgers continues to trust Adams.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
At this point I say put him in. Heck Justin Bieber could catch a pass better than Adams did last night....

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers has to get over that trust issues and give the receivers a chance to make plays. With Abbrederis and Montgomery injured Hanis is by far the best option for the offense to show some different looks and use his speed to open up the passing game. It's mind-boggling the coaching staff hasn't used him more often.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has to get over that trust issues and give the receivers a chance to make plays. With Abbrederis and Montgomery injured Hanis is by far the best option for the offense to show some different looks and use his speed to open up the passing game. It's mind-boggling the coaching staff hasn't used him more often.

In my opinion it is approaching more along the lines of idiotic, moronic, preposterous, asinine, foolish, absurd, inane, well you get the point...

For a guy that suddenly can't hit the broad side of a barn, there should be no talk about "trust" with receivers and a lot of talk about what the team can do differently. But it is the Packers and McCarthy, nothing will change. Not this year anyway.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
In my opinion it is approaching more along the lines of idiotic, moronic, preposterous, asinine, foolish, absurd, inane, well you get the point...

For a guy that suddenly can't hit the broad side of a barn, there should be no talk about "trust" with receivers and a lot of talk about what the team can do differently. But it is the Packers and McCarthy, nothing will change. Not this year anyway.

I know right. Give this guy a shot. He cannot be worse than Adams at this point for route running. When he was in the game ether by returning Kicks or actually being a receiver he did good stuff. We dont know what we got if he cannot see the field on a regular basis.

Rodgers wanna keep tossing the ball to some lame joe Adams who cannot run a route to save his life but wont give this new guy a chance SMH..

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
My vote again Janis on KO's and corner or safety 3rd down D'back he's tall and could disrupt a passing game with his presence and could be a match up with taller opposing receivers wth his speed, besides he is on special teams and covers KO's, at this point why not.....

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, give Janis a chance. We won't be missing Adam's 1-2 catches, 2-3 dropped passes and 3-4 lousy routes run per game! May renew Adam's zest for the game with a seat on the sidelines.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting janis in at receiver sounds too much like the right thing to do. On them kick offs sheesh that man clearly looks faster then the product we have starting at receiver right now.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the worst that could happen if Janis is in on most passing plays? Multiple 3-and-outs? No touchdowns? Rodgers getting sacked? Oh wait...that's happening already.

Seriously...this kid at least deserves a shot. If he fails miserably, then don't put him on the field. BUT..you never know...he could "hit" on something and turn out to be an exceptional receiver if given a fair chance. Only way to know for sure is by getting him snaps.

Packerlover29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis has had 2 receptions all year on offense. With those receptions he gained 79 yards. He is a quick WR that really reminds me of a Jordy Nelson in a sense. I would hope the coaching staff takes this player into more consideration. He should certainly be getting more looks than second year Davante Adams. Especially after that horrific thursday night.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been a bit higher on janis than most here. Before da Montster was drafted, I thought janis was going to evolve into da man. Said many times if jord y were to go down, janis would fill in nicely. Same skills imo. Apparently Janis has more work with routes than I believed he needed. All said and done, I wouldn't have brought in Jones if I was calling the shots. Cobb, Adams, janis, Montgomery seemed fine to me. Abby backing up in emergency time since he can't stay healthy, seemed logical.
Anyways. I think it's time to give janis enough plays that teams don't know it's a streak. Give the guy a chance!!!!!

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night Adams cost Rodgers something he despises, which is an INT. We will see where his trust lies now. Janis needs to play, bottom line. His speed alone will allow Cobb to do what he is good at, which is being an effective slot receiver. Teams will have to play Janis's speed which will require over the top safety help. Jordy's loss hurt more than we would have imagined it would. I firmly believe Janis will be a playmaker and a stud in the NFL, whether it be on the Packers or elsewhere.

Viper556

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night Adams cost Rodgers something he despises, which is an INT. We will see where his trust lies now. Janis needs to play, bottom line. His speed alone will allow Cobb to do what he is good at, which is being an effective slot receiver. Teams will have to play Janis's speed which will require over the top safety help. Jordy's loss hurt more than we would have imagined it would. I firmly believe Janis will be a playmaker and a stud in the NFL, whether it be on the Packers or elsewhere.

I agree. It's kind of baffling to me that they haven't used Janis more. At this point they really have nothing to lose. Adams is terrible. I can't believe Janis would be worse.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score

NOBODY MESSES WITH RODGERS TOUCHDOWN TO INTERCEPTION RATIO...NOBODY
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Janis was not in on the final Hail Mary? I saw Abby, Cobb, RR, and Davante. I assume the one I didn't catch a number on was Jones. Or did I miss him somehow?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope you got it. Which seems kinda interesting you wouldn't put your tallest most athletic wr in on that play. Not very smart but it worked out.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope you got it. Which seems kinda interesting you wouldn't put your tallest most athletic wr in on that play. Not very smart but it worked out.

Heard a comment on talk radio questioning why Detroit didn't have Megatron back - hadn't thought about it, but considering the situation, it does make some sense.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just find it curious that our tallest, fastest, most athletic WR can not be trusted to run to the end zone, turn around, locate and catch a Hail Mary pass.

Members online

Latest posts