where does our WR corp rank?

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't expect Bostick to be an every down TE this year but I think his skill set is geared to create mismatches for defenses. I think he's likely to become a mid-season weapon for Rodgers as he becomes more comfortable with Bostick.
Definitely a lot of moving pieces. We'll have to see what the injury situation looks like after the 4 pre-season games.

I think Bostick will have a hard time making an impact in 2014, especially if he won´t be able to participate in OTAs. It´s even possible he won´t make the 53.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
In what way will there be a mismatch that he can generate? I think that with him being only 6'3" and 250Lbs, that alone does not scream mismatch. He is kinda small for a TE in todays age of mega size TE's.
He's fast, like Finley fast. He was a WR in college. He's Finley's natural replacement imo.

D

Deleted member 6794

He's fast, like Finley fast. He was a WR in college. He's Finley's natural replacement imo.

Bostick is very fast, but he´s not as physical as the other TEs on the roster. I think he´ll have a hard time making an impact, especially as he still hasn´t been able to practice due to the foot surgery he had at the end of last season.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
He would literally have to be 4.3 40 yard dash fast to be a mismatch. Personally I want the TE that is 6'7" and 265-270Lbs and has a decent vertical. THAT is a mismatch.

D

Deleted member 6794

He would literally have to be 4.3 40 yard dash fast to be a mismatch. Personally I want the TE that is 6'7" and 265-270Lbs and has a decent vertical. THAT is a mismatch.

I think Lyerla, while only being 6-4, could be a matchup nightmare with his 39 inch vertical jump (that was four inches more than any other TE at the combine).

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Not if he is used in a double TE, single back formation like Keith Jackson and Finley (earlier) was used. He's going to get single coverage from a safety or LB. I don't know what Bostick's vertical is but I would guess it is somewhere in the 33-36 range. I think he has basketball in his resume. He was starting to show as a weapon that could get open before he got hurt. Like CptnWimm says, his recovery from foot injury may be determining factor.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not if he is used in a double TE, single back formation like Keith Jackson and Finley (earlier) was used. He's going to get single coverage from a safety or LB. I don't know what Bostick's vertical is but I would guess it is somewhere in the 33-36 range. I think he has basketball in his resume. He was starting to show as a weapon that could get open before he got hurt. Like CptnWimm says, his recovery from foot injury may be determining factor.

I don´t doubt Bostick could be a nice pass catching TE (he had a 36 inch vertical jump at his pro day), just think that Lyerla has way more upside than him. In addition Bostick has to improve his run blocking significantly.

D

Deleted member 6794

FWIW Mark Murphy told Drew Smith from Fox 11 that the Packers are working on a contract extension for Jordy Nelson.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We have the "best receivers in the NFL"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Let Boykin have a conscience and still have a job. Are no. 4 Boykin. lol . janis is a **** experiment like Charles Johnson was last year. Practice squad material that will get stolen and not make a roster as a "every play receiver"

We didn't draft a ILB because he is in camp.

Cobb "run's like a deer" and I think is a more reliable option to Seattle's "Percy can i show up Harvin"

Jordy and Aaron and the "back shoulder" is one for the record books.

Adams makes JJ look slow

Abberderis reminds me of Decker.

Myles white might not make the roster

If we need you Boykin you are "so reliable"

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
and to add a "cherry on top" I am not giving up on Finley.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Jordy is a elite receiver. The numbers prove it. I crunched some numbers over the last 3 years and here is how he stacks up with 2 elite receivers. See and decide for yourself...

Roddy White: 45 Games Played for 3,358 Yards and 18 TD's
Demaryius Thomas (arguably top 3 WR in the league): 43 Games Played for 3,415 Yards and 28 TD's
Jordy Nelson: 44 Games Played for 3,322 Yards and 30 TD's

All the above have either good (Ryan) or great QB's (12 and Manning) throwing them the ball as well as other weapons vying for catches. White: TGonz and Julio. Thomas: Decker, Welker and Julius Jones. Jordy: Cobb, Jennings and Jones. I don't think anyone would argue that the two guys I have used for comparison are not elite. Jordy more than holds his own and plays a bunch of games in crap weather. He was already in that category for me but hopefully this will open some eyes to just how special this guy has been for a while now. Do your thing Jordy!
You can further analyze this with passes thrown to. You'd be surprised at Jordy's dominance. He's elite right now.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of who lines up at WR/TE, if they can run routes and get reasonable separation, they will be solid because of who is throwing to them.

Jennings took the payday, Nelson gets it and will stay. Driver experienced it with both Favre and Rodgers.

Brooks, Freeman, Driver, Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Chumura, Franks, Finley all have benefitted because of who is throwing the football.

Green Bay has been blessed to have nearly 25 years of incredible QB play. Unfortunately, don't think that DD gets in the HOF.

Out of all the receivers that have caught balls in GB for a 1/4 of a century, Sterling Sharpe is likely the only one that would have made a major impact in the NFL with another team. It's a shame his career was cut short.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sterling Sharpe is likely the only one that would have made a major impact in the NFL with another team.

I agree with most of your post but this part I do not. I think Driver would have been an impact player regardless of where he played. Yes, having 4 get him the rock helped but that doesn't change his skill set and his willingness to go over the middle. He had nice hands, amazing leaping ability and more than enough speed to take the top off a defense. Brett was amazing but I honestly think that without DD's toughness and leaping ability many of those completions and TD's would have been incomplete. Once you get over the whole underdog story and judge him on skill-set and heart alone I think 80 would have been an impact player on many other squads. Thankfully we never got the chance to find out!

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with most of your post but this part I do not. I think Driver would have been an impact player regardless of where he played. Yes, having 4 get him the rock helped but that doesn't change his skill set and his willingness to go over the middle. He had nice hands, amazing leaping ability and more than enough speed to take the top off a defense. Brett was amazing but I honestly think that without DD's toughness and leaping ability many of those completions and TD's would have been incomplete. Once you get over the whole underdog story and judge him on skill-set and heart alone I think 80 would have been an impact player on many other squads. Thankfully we never got the chance to find out!

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Double D. He is one of the classiest Packer players to run a route, engage the media logically and represent GB. I wish he would get consideration for the HOF. His story is an inspiration! Only GB jersey I bought that isn't signed and hanging in my basement.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
driver is one of my favorite players of all time and even I would never argue his case for the HOF bc honestly there isnt one.

D

Deleted member 6794

Love Double D. He is one of the classiest Packer players to run a route, engage the media logically and represent GB. I wish he would get consideration for the HOF. His story is an inspiration! Only GB jersey I bought that isn't signed and hanging in my basement.

I love Driver as well but his numbers don´t warrant being inducted into the HOF.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts