where does greg jennings rank?

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I def agree except for the part where they put Roddy White ahead of Calvin Johnson and Greg Jennings should be higher than Reggie Wayne at this point in both their careers.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I have to wonder if some of these guys watch the same games that I do. For the most part I would agree, but some of the individuals must have been heavily medicated.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd put jennings up one. Bowe and Lloyd shouldn't even be on the list. Fitz should be one behind calvin. Replace them with santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace imo, but whatev. Doesnt really matter. Subjective list.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm bored, so I'll rank it out.

1. Andre Johnson
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Roddy White
5. Greg Jennings
6. DeSean Jackson
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Dwayne Bowe
9. Wes Welker
10. Mike Wallace

I don't know how you could bump Fitz down from top 3 status after he had a combination of Derek Anderson, Max Hall, and John Skelton throwing him the ball last year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm bored, so I'll rank it out.

1. Andre Johnson
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Roddy White
5. Greg Jennings
6. DeSean Jackson
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Dwayne Bowe
9. Wes Welker
10. Mike Wallace

I don't know how you could bump Fitz down from top 3 status after he had a combination of Derek Anderson, Max Hall, and John Skelton throwing him the ball last year.

Calvin Johnson hasnt had much better since he has come into the league imo.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What criteria did they use? Best of the 2010 season? The order in which you'd pick them for the 2011 season? It seems the voters weren't on the same page: One voter talked about the WRs "upside" and another about the success of the teams the WRs play for. All such lists are subjective but I wonder if ESPN set out any criteria at all?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their List
1. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans
2. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
3. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons
4. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
5. Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Colts
6. Greg Jennings, Green Bay Packers
7. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs
8. DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles
9. Brandon Lloyd, Denver Broncos
10. Brandon Marshall, Miami Dolphins

My List
1. Andre Johnson, Houston Oilers
2. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Redbirds
3. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Kittens
4. Greg Jennings, Green Bay Champions
5. Roddy White, Atlanta Blackhawks
6. Brandon Marshall, Miami Fish
7. Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Ponies
8. DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Iggles
9. Miles Austin, Dallas Cowpokes
10. Vincent Jackson, San Diego Bolts

Next up:
Dwayne Bowe, Chefs
Watch out for Stevie Johnson, Buffalo,

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Stevie, this is all I can think of when I see his name.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJWBWcFD_4]YouTube - Steve Johnson Drops Game Winning TD .. Steelers vs. Bills 2010[/ame]

adogg6jmu

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.) Andre Johnson
2.) Calvin Johnson
3.) Roddy White
4.) Larry Fitzgerald
5.) Brandon Marshall
6.) Greg Jennings
7.) Dwayne Bowe
8.) Reggie Wayne
9.) Vincent Jackson
10.) DeSean Jackson

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My list:

1) Larry Fitzgerald - AZ - Simply the best combination of size, route running, thoughness, speed and clutchness in the league. Holds many playoff records
2) Andre Johnson - HOU - The best physical WR in the league. Just not as good a route runner than Larry
3) Calvin Johnson - DET - May be higher if not for QB struggles
4) Greg Jennings - GB - If he was a little taller, would be the best WR in the league. The best route runner in the league, can play any receiving position, contrary to a lot of other elite ones.
5) Roddy White - ATL - Is a monster, but lacks the second gear, and isn't a good slot receiver
6) Brandon Marshal - MIA - A beast that would be graded much higher if not for off-field problems. Gets huge boost for blocking skills
7) DeSean Jackson - PHI - The best deep threat in the league
8 ) Reggie Wayne - IND - Was once the best route runner in the league, been surpassed by Greg Jennings. Only plays one side of the field.
9) Sindey Rice - MIN - As good as the elite ones. But only one year of production, and refusing to play downgrades him.
10) Vincent Jackson - SD - Same as Sidney Rice

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, what if we break it down by categories, because in different situations each one of these guys shine brighter than any. Like there's nobody on that list I'd rather have for a jump ball than Fitz, and there isn't a better route runner than jennings. And if i need to go deep nobody I'd rather have than Jackson. Anybody wanna start a thread like that? Like top 5 route runners, top 5 jump ballers, top 5 in terms of a burner, top 5 run after the catch, top 5 all around hands. Would anybody be down for that?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, what if we break it down by categories, because in different situations each one of these guys shine brighter than any. Like there's nobody on that list I'd rather have for a jump ball than Fitz, and there isn't a better route runner than jennings. And if i need to go deep nobody I'd rather have than Jackson. Anybody wanna start a thread like that? Like top 5 route runners, top 5 jump ballers, top 5 in terms of a burner, top 5 run after the catch, top 5 all around hands. Would anybody be down for that?
I took it all together. Physicality, speed, route running, hands, blocking, character, being able to play multiple positions.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My list:

1) Larry Fitzgerald - AZ - Simply the best combination of size, route running, thoughness, speed and clutchness in the league. Holds many playoff records
2) Andre Johnson - HOU - The best physical WR in the league. Just not as good a route runner than Larry
3) Calvin Johnson - DET - May be higher if not for QB struggles
4) Greg Jennings - GB - If he was a little taller, would be the best WR in the league. The best route runner in the league, can play any receiving position, contrary to a lot of other elite ones.
5) Roddy White - ATL - Is a monster, but lacks the second gear, and isn't a good slot receiver
6) Brandon Marshal - MIA - A beast that would be graded much higher if not for off-field problems. Gets huge boost for blocking skills
7) DeSean Jackson - PHI - The best deep threat in the league
8 ) Reggie Wayne - IND - Was once the best route runner in the league, been surpassed by Greg Jennings. Only plays one side of the field.
9) Sindey Rice - MIN - As good as the elite ones. But only one year of production, and refusing to play downgrades him.
10) Vincent Jackson - SD - Same as Sidney Rice

If you could have one right now, with age, wear, ect taken into consideration, who would it be?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you could have one right now, with age, wear, ect taken into consideration, who would it be?
Depends. For the Packers? Greg Jennings. He's perfect for the way we play, specially with Finley in the fold. (They weren't properly used IMHO). He's as good a route runner there is, he makes acrobatic catches, but most importantly, he's able to play any receiving position, which allows us to put him against LBs and nickelbacks, and that's just unfair.

But, overall, for any type of offense, Larry Fitzgerald. He's the same age as Jennings (27). He's a great teammate, a willing blocker, a big frame, runs crisp routes, isn't afraid of contact, is very good at YAC (though not as good as Jennings), catches everything thrown at him, and shines in big stages.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
hes in the lower top 10. 5th - 10th, he's good but not great. One of the most intelligent/best route runners in the NFL though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.) Andre Johnson
2.) Calvin Johnson
3.) Roddy White
4.) Larry Fitzgerald
5.) Brandon Marshall
6.) Greg Jennings
7.) Dwayne Bowe
8.) Reggie Wayne
9.) Vincent Jackson
10.) DeSean Jackson
Would you really trade Jennings for Rod White?
I like Roddy, but honestly do not think he's better than Jennings. He gets way more balls forced to him unlike Jennings. Jennings in his place in Atlanta would put up even bigger stats IMO.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you really trade Jennings for Rod White?
I like Roddy, but honestly do not think he's better than Jennings. He gets way more balls forced to him unlike Jennings. Jennings in his place in Atlanta would put up even bigger stats IMO.

I think White is more talented I just think he has more off field concerns and is kind of a head case time to time.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think White is more talented I just think he has more off field concerns and is kind of a head case time to time.
He definitely is not quite the great person that Jennings is, but I don't think he's more talented than Greg is, seriously, not being biased.

I think that's a good debate.

Members online

Latest posts