Where do you place blame for todays **** Wooping (Now with Polls)

Where do you place blame for todays horrible beatdown.

• Mike McCarthy

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ted Tompson

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Dom Capers

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Offensive Line

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Matty Flynn

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Defense Personnel

• Offensive Personnel

• All of the Above

Votes: 29 56.9%

• Total voters

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
MM: I like him as a coach but his offence is stale and old. Same plays that every team has seen a hundred times a year. I noticed a few times this year that the D-line would all jump in unison and knock down A-Rods quick slant in the Red Zone. That means we have been too predictable. MM needs to change it up and revise his game plans every year. I have always been criticle of his play calling late in games. He doesn't know how to put teams away.

Dom: I haven't seen any DB blitzes or S blitzes all year. It seems the D plan is to wait for anyone to catch and then tackle (or miss tackle). There is no QB pressure and yesterday was the first time all year I seen a DB jump the route for a pick. It's like D doesn't even want to be there. That is the coaching.

Players: I'm told my wife for a few years now that the secondary is undersized at least for this division. They can't create physicality on the line for the bump and they can't create fear with the safeties coming down. Since we lost Collins we haven't had that. Woodson made Collins better and Collins made Tramon better which gave the D-line and LBs more time.

I've coached wrestling for years and by no means does that make me think I know anything about football. As a coach I have always told my kids that they have to learn new moves every year to change it up, get a fresh perspective and stay physical. The Pack needs the same attitude from the front office to the 3rd stringer on the bench.

alien visitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talking about firing TT or MM is just part of the frustration we all feel, it will pass.

Capers on the other hand, yeah I'm down with that.

The rest of the season all comes down to if/when Aaron makes it back. The good news is for every game like today the Lions play, they can turn around and lay an egg just as easily the next.

Remaining schedules:

LIONS:

@ EAGLES
RAVENS
GIANTS
@ VIKINGS

BEARS:

@ VIKINGS
COWBOYS
@ BROWNS
@ EAGLES
PACKERS

PACKERS:

ATLANTA
@ COWBOYS
STEELERS
@ BEARS

I see the Lions losing to the Iggles and the Giants, dunno about the Ravens and the Vikings.

After Sunday, (dunno how that will turn out), I see the Bears losing the next three games, making the final game of the season a must win for both teams.

We could beat Atlanta, but without Aaron I don't see us winning the final three games.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I assure you that this team will play with heart and a vicious meanness during the last 4 games.

Dan, how can we blame you for the last 5 AND take your word for it. Off to the corner with you man!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I've already blamed the Benedryl, Bill. Word to the wise: DO NOT put any faith in your dream if you're taking medication. :) -- Damn, and it was a vivid dream too -- so realistic.

So was mine. I dreamed I ate a giant marshmallow, and when I woke up, my pillow had gone.......baboom !!

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well MM keeps defending Capers so there is only one logical person to blame and that would be TT. I guess all the players on defense that TT drafted are just terrible. I am thinking MM would cut the whole defense before he would fire his buddy. TT needs to come out and tell everyone that he really put a bad defense together and that's why Capers schemes are not working. If TT is not getting pissed off with this defense there is definitely something wrong with him. If MM wont fire this guy he needs to put his big boy pants on and fire this guy himself.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget about playoffs. I just want Packers to finish above .500.
Record doesn't matter to me UNLESS it gets us into the playoffs. If we miss the playoffs, I'd rather lose-out the final 4 games and get a top-10 draft pick.

alien visitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not having the talent on the field is on TT. Not having heart on the field is either coaching or an attitude that is festering in trying to run the same ineffective plays.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the short week, going on the road, and following on a 5 quarter game last Sunday had something to do with the Packers' terrible play yesterday. They seemed to be "in a fog" all day. They also played milquetoast on the o-line, even before the EDS injury and were their old flailing, powderpuff selves on defense. The turnovers were more due to the Lions than the Packer defense. And they let Jeremy Ross add sweet revenge to his Thanksgiving turkey.

The offensive struggles will resolve when Aaron Rodgers returns. But the defense will be what it is in any case. And that's on the players. A major reshuffling of the defensive roster should be coming this offseason. Patience has to come to an end with the same guys who can't/won't tackle, cover, rush, control the gap, communicate, and are always getting injured. They need to put a spine and leadership to this unit like they had when Charles Woodson, Nick Collins and Cullen Jenkins were here. Get a true monster nose tackle , a real 3-4 olb , a cover corner and a hard hitting playmaker at safetyand the defense will rise to the higher rankings once again.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they let Jeremy Ross add sweet revenge to his Thanksgiving turkey.
I'm happy for Jeremy Ross.
Yes I was mad at him when he fumbled in Cinci this year, and at the Niners in that playoff game. But our defense was so bad vs Kaepernick, I don't think it would have mattered.
But everyone makes mistakes, especially on defense and our OL.
If we cut guys for 2 mistakes, we'd have nobody left on the OL or at DB.
I was one of the few who defended Ross and thought we should have kept him.

From Rob Demovsky last night:
The Packers once viewed Jeremy Ross as a triple-threat kind of player -- one who could return kicks, catch passes and even run the ball. But when he fumbled a kickoff against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 3, they cut him. Maybe that was a mistake.
Ross, who was signed by the Lions last month, did a little bit of everything against his old team. He caught a 5-yard touchdown pass against cornerback Davon House. He had one rush for 24 yards, and he had a 35-yard punt return in the second quarter that helped set up a touchdown.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm happy for Jeremy Ross.
Yes I was mad at him when he fumbled in Cinci this year, and at the Niners in that playoff game. But our defense was so bad vs Kaepernick, I don't think it would have mattered.
But everyone makes mistakes, especially on defense and our OL.
If we cut guys for 2 mistakes, we'd have nobody left on the OL or at DB.
I was one of the few who defended Ross and thought we should have kept him.

From Rob Demovsky last night:

I`m happy for Jeremy Ross too, although we did our best to make him look better too Frank :(

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m happy for Jeremy Ross too, although we did our best to make him look better too Frank :(
We have a way of doing that to a lot of folks.
Christian Ponder is often a Pro Bowl potential QB according to us.
So is Josh McClown.
We even made Toby Gerhart look like an NFL starting caliber RB, and I think Joique Bell's best day ever yesterday.

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The D has given up an average of 440 yds. per game since Rodgers went down. This was against teams we were suppose to beat. I think the "inmates are running the asylum."

Members online

Latest posts