Where did that defense come from?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
signing people to spend money isn't a good strategy, especially when we have a lot of people up next year and carrying over some cap money will come in handy for one. 2nd, I don't think there are any teams that are clearly more talented than GB. I think we're up there in terms of talent, some are injured, some aren't playing up to par, they're figuring things out and are still 6-1. They certainly don't have the best player at every position, but then no team does, nor will they.

Really? I can name multiple that I believe are very clearly more talented... In fact I was thinking about this while watching the Bengals game last night how stacked they are at so many positions. Benard/Hill/Eifert/Green/Sanu/Jones. Thats 6 big time weapons just on offense. Without Dalton. Their defense is FAR superior to ours. So not sure how you can say you don't see any other teams that with more talent.

I would say overall Denver is more talented as well. New England for sure. Their Defense is far superior athletically. And offense with gronk. edelman, lewis, blunt. brady is every bit as good.

And honestly I think you could argue for quite a few other teams being more talented. The Packers defense whether anyone wants to believe it or not is HORRENDOUS. Take Matthews out and you don't have a playmaker at all. Clinton-Dix drops interceptions like its his job, Burnett can't stay healthy or tackle worth crap. Our corners, look solid against bad teams and get exploited in hard match ups. Front 7 doesn't show up in many games. If this defense ranks in the top 20 at the end of the season i would be surprised. They are bad fundamentally... Lack talent, athleticism, and attitude.

D

Deleted member 6794

Really? I can name multiple that I believe are very clearly more talented... In fact I was thinking about this while watching the Bengals game last night how stacked they are at so many positions. Benard/Hill/Eifert/Green/Sanu/Jones. Thats 6 big time weapons just on offense. Without Dalton. Their defense is FAR superior to ours. So not sure how you can say you don't see any other teams that with more talent.

I would say overall Denver is more talented as well. New England for sure. Their Defense is far superior athletically. And offense with gronk. edelman, lewis, blunt. brady is every bit as good.

And honestly I think you could argue for quite a few other teams being more talented. The Packers defense whether anyone wants to believe it or not is HORRENDOUS. Take Matthews out and you don't have a playmaker at all. Clinton-Dix drops interceptions like its his job, Burnett can't stay healthy or tackle worth crap. Our corners, look solid against bad teams and get exploited in hard match ups. Front 7 doesn't show up in many games. If this defense ranks in the top 20 at the end of the season i would be surprised. They are bad fundamentally... Lack talent, athleticism, and attitude.

After reading most of your posts I had to double check whether the Packers are 1-6 at the moment. Fortunately it seems we´re still one of the best teams in the league.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sanu is a fast occasional gadget player who rarely even touched touches the ball. Jones is a nice complementary receiver who takes advantage of the coverage that Green draws. Both are a pretty loose definition of 'big time weapon.' Hill has taken a major step back this year and is averaging half a yard worse per carry than Lacy's dismal year.

This is a classic case of the grass being greener on the other side.

Don't get me wrong, the Bengals are very good and I'd love to have a talent like Eifert in this offense. But Sanu and Jones should never be compared to AJ Green, for starters.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and I believe YOU believe that. I don't, and I don't care to argue. Lacy, Starks, Rodgers, Sitton, Linsley, Cobb, Adams, Jones, Peppers, Daniels, Matthews, This version of Raji, Shields, Burnett, there's more, but that's enough. Most teams would be ******** their pants to get players of that quality. That's not even mentioning very good role players we have.

anyway, I said before the preseason our defense will be 13 or better, I still think they will be provided we don't keep losing guys to injury. You're here after the worst game of the season telling us all how it is. There's still the better half a season to play and we face another undefeated team on the road in a few days, I guess we'll get to see how it all ends up.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interestingly enough the Seahawks before this year were built very similar to the Packers being under John Schneider and the current Bengals are constructed with a strong draft and development plan in place.

During the Bengals-Browns telecast the flashed a chart showing that the Bengals are 3rd in the NFL when it comes to homegrown players at 41 (Rams are 2nd at 44).

No one close to the league leading Packers with 49.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the Bengals-Browns telecast the flashed a chart showing that the Bengals are 3rd in the NFL when it comes to homegrown players at 41 (Rams are 2nd at 44).

No one close to the league leading Packers with 49.

Don't quite follow. Is 3rd in the league 'strong'?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts