Where did all the Davante Adams Haters go? Long term contract coming?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was curious where all the Adams haters have gone? The ones that think we should have dumped him in favor of Abbrederis. The ones that thought Janis should start in front of him. There are literally hundreds of post that wanted to get rid of what may be our most talented wide receiver during an injury riddled (knee and ankle) second season.

So Abbrederis has a nice game against Oakland, and then one drop against Arizona, and we never see him again? At this time, he cannot possibly be a downgrade from Davante, the king of drops.

This almost seems absurd a year later. Abbrederis isn't in the same stratosphere as Adams and never was.

If another wr ever emerges then I believe Adams will be demoted. TT won't cut him outright to save face...he took the guy in the second round so it just makes him look bad.

Or maybe he know's more about what he is doing from inside Lambeau than you do sitting on your couch :D

I would bet my freaking car that Davante Adams makes the 53.

Me too, typically you don't cut top 20 receivers in the league. It's usually not a good business model.

Don't remind me about Adams and how we could have had Allen Robinson lol.

How's that looking one year later? Allen Robinson ranked 48th in yards and 6 TD's. Adams is 17th with 9 TD's.

Ohh and to add insult to that stat, Robinson has been targeted 20 more times. And averaging 3 less yards per catch.

Threads like this... "Abbrederis & Jannis are better than Jones & Adams."

Yeah... No

I only add the examples below to show the community that sometimes the guys who see these players practice everyday know a little more than us. Sometimes it's just better to let things play out then to get all frantic.

Ok back to the main question:

Do you think the Packers should lock him up long term at a lower price and not risk him becoming the centerpiece and demanding the Top 10 receiver money.

Also did you know Adams has been more efficient and explosive than Jordy this year? More 20 yard plus plays plus and averaging a full 2 yards more a catch. Adams is also catching 63% of his targets are receptions, compared to 60% from Jordy. All in all he has just been plain better than Jordy this year in almost every measurable category besides total yards which he trails by 16 yards.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I no longer hate him because he is now doing what he has been paid to do. I no longer am disappointed in AR because he is now doing what he's paid to do. Overall, I'm much more positive about the overall team because...well, you get the trend.

OP
OP
Un4GivN

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like he's going to get better and better too

:D

I was at this game, and it was awesome to see some of Adams releases off the line. Granted wasn't against Sherman much, but he was torching their 2nd corner the whole game. Made him look silly on a few plays that he didn't even get the ball.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also did you know Adams has been more efficient and explosive than Jordy this year? More 20 yard plus plays plus and averaging a full 2 yards more a catch. Adams is also catching 63% of his targets are receptions, compared to 60% from Jordy. All in all he has just been plain better than Jordy this year in almost every measurable category besides total yards which he trails by 16 yards.

You forgot about Jordy's league-leading 12 TDs. NBD

And that's no knock against Adams. He's had a great season and looks to have a great future ahead of him

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't believe people were talking about cutting him last year. I'm all for everyone having their opinion, but I think there is such thing as a wrong opinion.

Dunno why you quoted my post supporting him in a list of detractor posts though.

OP
OP
Un4GivN

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't believe people were talking about cutting him last year. I'm all for everyone having their opinion, but I think there is such thing as a wrong opinion.

Dunno why you quoted my post supporting him in a list of detractor posts though.

Sorry I may have missed the context... was just doing some searching at work lol.

Reaction score
I think it would be wise to lock Davante into a mid-long term contract. We have too many positional needs and this would allow us to prioritize our focus RB, TE and OL on Offense

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saying that i'd bet my car that he would make the roster... don't real need context for a statement that definitive :roflmao:
reading it in in the list the way it was displayed made me think you were actually making a negative statement about the Packer's Brass... saying that you expected them to be too stubborn to cut him..... so yeah context is everything.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
reading it in in the list the way it was displayed made me think you were actually making a negative statement about the Packer's Brass... saying that you expected them to be too stubborn to cut him..... so yeah context is everything.

really? maybe it's a regional thing. that would be crystal clear to anyone i know.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
really? maybe it's a regional thing. that would be crystal clear to anyone i know.
I doubt it's a regional thing.... it is simply a statement taken out of context. If I had been reading the thread the context of your statement most likely made it very clear what you meant.... placing it on its own in a list of negatives gives it a very different read.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt it's a regional thing.... it is simply a statement taken out of context. If I had been reading the thread the context of your statement most likely made it very clear what you meant.... placing it on its own in a list of negatives gives it a very different read.

i guess i'm glad i'm not a politician

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While I think I stayed neutral on Adams, knowing he was a 2nd round pick that AR and the Packers publically had a lot of faith in him, I can understand why people were down on him last year. The same could be said about a lot of professional athletes during the course of their careers.

But I guess if someone is looking for a "I told you so" moment, now would be the time to play their Davante Adams card. Just be sure to stick around long enough to let history play out.

...and now.....back to Jeff Janis :coffee:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok someone pat this guy on the back. I wonder if this would still be the case if Nelson went down and he was ask to carry a larger role? Because he struggled last with it. I'll leave that alone tho.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
could of gone either way. however, rubbing it in peoples' faces isn't the way to go. with that said, i'll eat crow and admit he proved that he is a viable asset this year. hopefully he will continue to shine. if he doesn't i'm not going to bash the guy but just call him butterball. hah
it's still early to make the call on this guy whether he will be a household name or just your average NFL receiver. didn't it take couple of years for people to accept that jordy was a great receiver?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll see what the brass thinks of him after next season during contract negotiations. Early re-sign is not in the cards as there already is a lot of WR $$$$ tied up in an above average Cobb and a slowly declining yet pro-bowl level Jordy.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off I like the way you went and did some digging to find examples, bravo! Second I wasn't one saying to cut Adams but I did want to see him pushed down the depth chart to try and light a spark under him. I liked Abby, I haven't given up on Janis. And Davante is finally looking like the 2nd rd pick we drafted from Fresno St. His first 2 years were frustratingly disappointing. But he is looking top 15 WR this Season. If he plays like this next year it will be hard to bring him back or expensive at least.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was curious where all the Adams haters have gone? The ones that think we should have dumped him in favor of Abbrederis. The ones that thought Janis should start in front of him. There are literally hundreds of post that wanted to get rid of what may be our most talented wide receiver during an injury riddled (knee and ankle) second season.

This almost seems absurd a year later. Abbrederis isn't in the same stratosphere as Adams and never was.

Or maybe he know's more about what he is doing from inside Lambeau than you do sitting on your couch :D

Me too, typically you don't cut top 20 receivers in the league. It's usually not a good business model.

How's that looking one year later? Allen Robinson ranked 48th in yards and 6 TD's. Adams is 17th with 9 TD's.

Ohh and to add insult to that stat, Robinson has been targeted 20 more times. And averaging 3 less yards per catch.

Threads like this... "Abbrederis & Jannis are better than Jones & Adams."

Yeah... No

I only add the examples below to show the community that sometimes the guys who see these players practice everyday know a little more than us. Sometimes it's just better to let things play out then to get all frantic.

Ok back to the main question:

Do you think the Packers should lock him up long term at a lower price and not risk him becoming the centerpiece and demanding the Top 10 receiver money.

Really.. So much for cherry picking here. I never said, Davante was terrible, but he was disappointing his second year. That same second year Robinson played with lesser talent, exhibited he could be a number one wide receiver, and posted 1,400 yards with a pretty bad quarterback.

Robinson is definitely playing on a terrible team in which he needs to be the number one receiver with less talent around him. Robinson definitely played a key part in opening the field for Hurns who was an UDFA. Bortles has definitely regressed this year leading to some pretty bad stats for the whole team.

Now we're going to compare Davante to Robinson when Davante clearly has the better talent surrounding him. Easily a better wide receiving core and one of the best quarter backs in the game. Not even close to a fair assessment.

I don't think Davante is trash and I'm really happy he is producing, but if Jordy went down again, would we see more of last year or would he produce as the team's number one? At the time, I would have definitely rather have had Robinson. Now we'll just have to wait until their careers are done and hope that the results aren't too skewed by the quarterback play.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Now we'll just have to wait until their careers are done and hope that the results aren't too skewed by the quarterback play.

I am going to hope that Davante's numbers are extremely skewed by great quarterback play for years to come.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its true Robinson had an amazing season last year when Davante struggled and now Davante has a very good season when Robinson is struggling. We will know for sure 4-5years.

Members online

Latest posts