Where are we?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Can't belive I have to inform a PF.com Staff member of the rules, but...

Just 38px tad too much in the ole height department.

seriously i know huh.

look at his sig.

It was in reference to the image you posted for him to use, genius. Not the one that has since been redone.

SMOOOTH

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Zero2Cool said:

seriously i know huh.

look at his sig.

It was in reference to the image you posted for him to use, genius. Not the one that has since been redone.

SMOOOTH

yeah, yeah i know what you're talking about mouth.

thats your new name. Mouth. i hope you get use TO it. lol

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Zero2Cool said:

seriously i know huh.

look at his sig.

SMOOOTH

yeah, yeah i know what you're talking about mouth.

thats your new name. Mouth. i hope you get use TO it. lol

that was funny

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a very upbeat and thoughtful initial posting once again evolve quickly into a profane, mostly meaningless bunch of crap. This has become the hallmark of this forum lately. I guess some look on it as humorous, trust me, I don't. Now go ahead and heap scorn on me too, if it makes you feel better. I just want to enjoy the Packer talk.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to pee in your wheaties, Warhawk and Digs, but this and $1.50 will get you a can of coke, and that's all.

It's all speculation, in my book, and banking on a mostly rookie team to make a vast improvement over last year is wishful thinking in my book.

That's why Wolf went out and got a good mixture of veterans to make the Packer teams of the 90's better.

I think TT is taking more of a gamble with this approach than anyone on this forum truly wants to admit.

:twocents:
($1.50 for a can of Coke? Glad i don't shop by you!LOL!)
Wolf had his team pretty well built when he started bringing in the vets. Even Favre was an unknown newbie that Wolf brought here. He WASN'T a proven veteran.
The team now was old and needed some new blood.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to pee in your wheaties, Warhawk and Digs, but this and $1.50 will get you a can of coke, and that's all.

It's all speculation, in my book, and banking on a mostly rookie team to make a vast improvement over last year is wishful thinking in my book.

That's why Wolf went out and got a good mixture of veterans to make the Packer teams of the 90's better.

I think TT is taking more of a gamble with this approach than anyone on this forum truly wants to admit.

Yeah, completely unreasonable to think that rookies will improve going into their 2nd year, and 2nd year guys will improve going into their 3rd. We're loony to assume such a thing.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um....to evolve is to progress, RG. I think you meant devolve.

Hey, there is nothing to talk about...at least nothing new. And for what it is worth, there has always been some levity/vulgarity on this site....mixed in with generous amounts of football insights and debate.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MonBack said:

Yeah, completely unreasonable to think that rookies will improve going into their 2nd year, and 2nd year guys will improve going into their 3rd. We're loony to assume such a thing.

Of course all of this is speculation. The point of this thread questions the criteria these experts and NFL media guys use to determine what teams will do this year.

I don't see them look into teams very deeply and tend to look at teams from the CHANGES or ADDITIONS they have brought in vs. how much improvement (or decline) from within will occur.

If our "0" line DOES improve this year, which I happen to think will happen, and the offense is fairyl productive, the EXPERTS will all find this curious because WHERE are all the big name FA's and draft picks?

I also disagree with how Wolf went about his buisness. He built the team thru the draft and THEN hit up FA to put the team over the top and it didn't happen overnight for him either.

The GAMBLE was taken last year with all the first year guys in there. That's where you pay in. When they are learning on the job. Pay out starts now.

IF YOU BELIEVE in the premise that as your offensive and defensive lines go so does your team I think we will be pretty good this year and yes I think the young guys from last year will, in fact, be much better this time around.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a very upbeat and thoughtful initial posting once again evolve quickly into a profane, mostly meaningless bunch of crap. This has become the hallmark of this forum lately. I guess some look on it as humorous, trust me, I don't. Now go ahead and heap scorn on me too, if it makes you feel better. I just want to enjoy the Packer talk.

I appreciate that. I am trying to bring some thought provoking themes in here that is different from "should we go get this guy or that guy". There's been a thread started about every FA that's hit the market which is fine but is that really where this team stands to improve the most?

NIMHO

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Clifton is on the downside and a few others too. I think those predictions are a tad on the generous side for some of the older guys. Mo and Jackson totaling more yards? I dunno. We had something like 1,500 from Mo and Green. I don't know if Jackson will be able to offset the difference from what Mo gains.

Basing this on more help from the "0" line but a 2nd back with feet like this kids is part of it as well. Jackson actually has more experience in this blocking system then any of them which should help his production out of the gate.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of nervous about Clifton's game declining. I don't know when it's going to happen, but it's my biggest worry about returning players. After that comes Harris and then Woodson.
Among our young returning players, I'm excited about the continued development in Hawk, Poppinga, Jennings, R. Martin, Wells (well really the whole interior O-line), and Collins.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with dreaming about what players might do this year and how successful the Packers could be if everything goes just perfectly. Me, I put more stock in results than I do potential.

Think I'll wait and see how good the players and the team actually perform this year instead of saying how good they should or could be. Probably something I learned from watching the Packers for more than 50 years.

My bad. I thought maybe whose on this team and how well they might perform is more relevant than how good we would be if Wahle, Rivera, and, Walker were still part of the team.

Have heard of that so much it makes my *** ache.

I have watched the Pack for fifty years as well but still contemplate on how the team stacks up going in year in year out. I happen to like the upside this team has and think maybe they are being shorted in that regard.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team has a lot of upside. The challenge is going to be watching it develop with such a tough schedule this year. I think our schedule this year is going to play a lot harder than last year, so we could be in for a well fought 8-8.

I too would much rather have the younger players with the potential.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts