Where are they now?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know i've asked this, but i forget....

are compensatory picks based on free agent contract value or production that year or some combination of both?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least all of the above, plus some strange and mysterious elements. :) Some people seems to be pretty good at predicting, but apparently nobody really knows.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I've seen, size of contract signed is the best predictor of level of compensation. Ithink we'll probably either get two fourth round picks, or a fourth and a fifth for Williams and House.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its like the Coke formula. There are three parts to determining the comp picks and only three guys know 1 part each. Each part of the formula is kept locked in a separate vault in a different city across the US and only 1 person knows the location of each vault and these three people are different from the three people who know each part of the formula. No one person knows the location of the all three vaults. None of the people who know the location of the vaults (or the parts of the formula) knows either of the other two. On the day when comp picks are to be awarded Roger Goodell is locked away in a secret triangular shaped room believed to be somewhere in the US. The only thing we know for sure is it is not one of the NFL cities. Someone once thought they had it narrowed down to Schenectady New York or El Paso Texas but there have been suggestion it is in Bum F*** Egypt or Timbuktu. Goodell is blindfolded and sits in a large backed chair facing a corner away from three doors on the opposite wall. The lights are turned out and the doors are opened 1 at a time and a secret courier comes out of each door, 1 at a time, and puts a box in the center of the room. Once all three boxes are placed in the room and the couriers have left the lights are turned on, Goodell removes the blindfold and opens up the boxes 1 at a time. Inside each box is a chimpanzee. 1 Chimp has box of metal tipped darts, another has a list of all free agents and possible comp picks and the other has a case of Jack Daniels. After consuming the Jack they post the list on the wall and take turns throwing darts at it. Once all the darts have been thrown Goodell compiles a list of the names and it is released as the official compensatory draft pick list at 3:00 pm that afternoon.

I think Nicholas Cage and Kevin Costner made a movie about it once. Cage was amazing in a triple role as all three chimps and Costner played courier number 2

Rumor has it this is similar to the way Goodell decides on disciplinary action for league violations.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Its like the Coke formula. There are three parts to determining the comp picks and only three guys know 1 part each. Each part of the formula is kept locked in a separate vault in a different city across the US and only 1 person knows the location of each vault and these three people are different from the three people who know each part of the formula. No one person knows the location of the all three vaults. None of the people who know the location of the vaults (or the parts of the formula) knows either of the other two. On the day when comp picks are to be awarded Roger Goodell is locked away in a secret triangular shaped room believed to be somewhere in the US. The only thing we know for sure is it is not one of the NFL cities. Someone once thought they had it narrowed down to Schenectady New York or El Paso Texas but there have been suggestion it is in Bum F*** Egypt or Timbuktu. Goodell is blindfolded and sits in a large backed chair facing a corner away from three doors on the opposite wall. The lights are turned out and the doors are opened 1 at a time and a secret courier comes out of each door, 1 at a time, and puts a box in the center of the room. Once all three boxes are placed in the room and the couriers have left the lights are turned on, Goodell removes the blindfold and opens up the boxes 1 at a time. Inside each box is a chimpanzee. 1 Chimp has box of metal tipped darts, another has a list of all free agents and possible comp picks and the other has a case of Jack Daniels. After consuming the Jack they post the list on the wall and take turns throwing darts at it. Once all the darts have been thrown Goodell compiles a list of the names and it is released as the official compensatory draft pick list at 3:00 pm that afternoon.

I think Nicholas Cage and Kevin Costner made a movie about it once. Cage was amazing in a triple role as all three chimps and Costner played courier number 2

Rumor has it this is similar to the way Goodell decides on disciplinary action for league violations.

Wow. That is one of the most creative and humorous posts I've seen in a while. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts