Where are all the Finley critics now ?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He did, for Catches by a TE in a season. He posted 61, and the old mark was 56. Congrats Jermichael. That's actually pretty impressive.

Look I never said that's he isn't starting to warm my heart about him again, but I still want to see more before I believe that he is past his lazy streak.

Kudos on being more forgiving than I.
Never had to give him forgiveness lol, patience and understanding both wore thin though

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahahaha, It's so funny seeing people get irked by players having emotion. Let's not even start to talk about the dance party the Vikings held after every play in the MetroDome last week.

But seriously I have no problem with players being amped and getting into the game. I actually love seeing constructive emotion displayed on the field. I don't want to watch emotionless robots play the game, I wanna see players with personality loving every minute of being paid millions of dollars to play a game.

It is fine for players having emotions, but Finley does this every first down in any situation. Even if they are getting blown out.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is fine for players having emotions, but Finley does this every first down in any situation. Even if they are getting blown out.
Yup, don't care. Cry about something that matters.

Read: Yeah, I'd be mad too seeing that from an opposing player. However this happens to be a Packer Fan forum, and is probably not the proper place to air grievances about Packers players taunting. Take that stuff to a Vikings board.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Completely agree. It's obnoxious. Considering he drops nearly As many passes as he catches I guess it's a cause for celebration for him

H

HardRightEdge

He did, for Catches by a TE in a season. He posted 61, and the old mark was 56. Congrats Jermichael. That's actually pretty impressive.

Look I never said that's he isn't starting to warm my heart about him again, but I still want to see more before I believe that he is past his lazy streak.

Kudos on being more forgiving than I.

At no time was laziness the issue.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At no time was laziness the issue.
How do you know what my issues with Finely are without me specifically outlining them; which I haven't done? :confused:

The following article, written December 15th, reflects my views on Finely quite nicely:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

(Personally I've found lack of discipline to be synonymous with laziness for the most part. But if you'd like to nit-pick my word choices you're welcome to it.)

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Completely agree. It's obnoxious. Considering he drops nearly As many passes as he catches I guess it's a cause for celebration for him

I've started to think that this is the case. He is that genuinely shocked that he catches it.

D

Dexter-Remmick

If they could bring finley back for really really cheap. Id say go for it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think this a fair point made politely. I cant say good luck in the playoffs EVER, but have a good day yourself ;)

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this a fair point made politely. I cant say good luck in the playoffs EVER, but have a good day yourself ;)
Of course people are going to disagree with me, I was being abrasive about it. It was made politely though I agree. I actually don't get bothered by any of that excess celebration stuff. I enjoy it for the most part really.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course people are going to disagree with me, I was being abrasive about it. It was made politely though I agree. I actually don't get bothered by any of that excess celebration stuff. I enjoy it for the most part really.

Your okay with his stupid fish move every play?

Although, I didn't notice him do it to much Sunday..

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your okay with his stupid fish move every play?

Although, I didn't notice him do it to much Sunday..
He needs more than a season high 8 catches to do it "every" play. :-P But yes, I really don't mind. I agree that it is fairly stupid, but so are most play celebrations that players preform. From Jared Allen's stupid what ever the heck that thing is after he gets a sack to Victor Cruz's "Salsa Dance" TD celebration...all stupid. Heck even Clay's Predator thing is kind of old at this point. Still; I don't have an issue with any them.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Greg Jennings celebrations the most. And James Jones.
But I have no problem with Victor Cruz' Salsa celebration, except when it's against us.
I loved the Icky Shuffle, the Fun Bunch, and Merton Hanks bobblehead. Also, research the old Oiler Ernest Givins electric worm thing....

Right, celebrating littler things bothers me sometimes too... but first downs are big, and so are sacks.
But save the celebrating for scoring and winning IMO.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs more than a season high 8 catches to do it "every" play. :-P But yes, I really don't mind. I agree that it is fairly stupid, but so are most play celebrations that players preform. From Jared Allen's stupid what ever the heck that thing is after he gets a sack to Victor Cruz's "Salsa Dance" TD celebration...all stupid. Heck even Clay's Predator thing is kind of old at this point. Still; I don't have an issue with any them.

Catching TDs and getting sacks are different than catching a ball.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I love Greg Jennings celebrations the most. And James Jones.
But I have no problem with Victor Cruz' Salsa celebration, except when it's against us.
I loved the Icky Shuffle, the Fun Bunch, and Merton Hanks bobblehead. Also, research the old Oiler Ernest Givins electric worm thing....

Right, celebrating littler things bothers me sometimes too... but first downs are big, and so are sacks.
But save the celebrating for scoring and winning IMO.
Bishop Cookin Up Swag! The Raji Wiggle!

Members online

Latest posts