1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Where are all the Finley critics now ?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NJPackfan., Nov 19, 2012.

1. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    I'm still not on the Finley wagon but he caught a pass off a deflection against the New Jersey Giants that would have been a pick for sure. So I'll give him some credit on that play.

2. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league. He is TERRIBLE dude, get over it. I don't care what he has done in the past, I'm concerned with the present, and we have the worst current kicker in the NFL. DOINK

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Its the New Jersey Jets. They were here first, the blue balls just invaded and claimed to own everything like new yorkers do

4. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Picking up their jaws. The line for crow and humble pie starts here, relax, its just for today. We'll see if we serve leftovers next week.

5. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    He caught a pass for a first down then celebrated after it. What about the one thrown right to his chest that was dropped, which could've been a first, possibly a score? AP ran for 82 yards after that one.

The guy is a turd.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    The first down was a wide open yard in front of Aaron, he had no business throwing that pass to a *covered* Finley who had to dive for it. If he's a turd, you're the horse's rear end it came from. #FullofS*

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    Hypongrey, You have no argument. Finley can talk all he wants when his play lives up to it. Its that simple.
    I had to laugh when he caught the ball for a first down and he dances around like a clown to celebrate.

8. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    I will admit I am one of those Finley critics, I still am, though he is improving he is not yet back to the beast he was before getting injured, sorry if that offends...

9. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    HyponGrey go **** yourself!!!! Hard!!!!

Finley cannot come up with a big play even if he was given the hands of Mark Chmura. He's too into himself and it shows every single play, even the ones he makes for 5 lousy yards. But in the clutch forget it. Yeah Rodgers should've ran. Perhaps he'll be smarter and leave the turd in the grass where it belongs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    If by his chest you mean the ground..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    Our FG unit was in a slump? Ya... Our kicker is horrible, not the unit. I've yet to see a bad snap or anything. If anything, our unit has bailed out our offense on fakes on more than 1 occasion. 9/9 in last 18 is the worst I've EVER heard of. High school kickers go better than 50%. A LOT of Missin Crosby's misses would have been no good if the goal posts were DOUBLE in width. If considering yourself a smart football mind helps you sleep at night I guess..

12. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    He had some nice catches today, particularly in the last scoring drive. And we really needed them today! Now lets see what the week and his twitter account and agent bring. If he can keep quiet and keep catching balls, I will jump off the critics wagon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Actually a good game for finley, "that a boy", proud of you.....just act like you have been there before. Catch/run/get up/ give ball to ref/return to huddle.....otherwise you look the an damn idiot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    The celebration is juvenile but he played well yesterday. It's hilarious that people think he should have caught that ball. They need to look at it again sober.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ agree, he did.....that ball was a hard catch, that one is excusable

16. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Yes, good game but the celebration for simply catching the ball looked foolish. Maybe MM needs to designate 1 player as the Jermichael Finley "Back Patter" and run up to him after each successful catch to give him a pat on the back? Just saying in this jest, but it gets at the bigger "head" issue here. But I can live with the excessive celebrations, provided he does not make the team-destructive comments during the week when he drops a few or is not passed to . . . and also make the easy catches he should make.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Yesterday sums up this boards feelings on Finley. Catches a couple balls and his fans say "SEE!!! He has talent!" and his detractors watch him hop up after a minor catch and celebrate like he won the SB and put their hands to their face in disgust.

18. Brandon

Brandon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    I have absolutely no problem getting rid of Finley. He celebrates after EVERY catch like he's never caught a damn ball in his life, it gets really irritating after a while. Sure it can sometimes pump the crowd up, but when you're 'that guy' who talks crap to the media and then proceeds to drop multiple passes, you don't get to be that guy who pumps the crowd up.

I don't hate the guy, but he definitely doesn't seem very fitting of a Packers jersey to me. Not going to throw my arms in the air if he sticks around because he does make some plays every now and then, but as far as character goes.. he's just not my ideal TE.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    I think his personality is more of a reason ppl don't like him than the dropped passes. If Jennings had the dropsies or Driver? ppl woud be more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because they are likeable guy's. A lot of ppl don't like Finley's personality which is why he is so highly scrutinized. His fault.

• Like Like x 2
  20. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I did say this game may have been a fluke and that next week will show if he can be consistent. Matter of fact, he'll have to be consistent for the rest of the year to prove a couple game streak isn't a fluke. He also needs to shut down his twitter and have a long talk with the team media coaches

21. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,056
    He thinks he's a wide receiver, so he acts like one--T. Owens, OchoCinco (or whatever his name is today), Moss, Keyshawn Johnson, Dez Bryant, etc. He's very tiresome to me. Too bad, because he could be a great one if he got his head screwed on straight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    What do you mean "if?" Driver has about the same rate of drops that Finley has had in the past 2 years.

Heck, there were people talking in the preseason about cutting or trading James Jones because he was supposedly prone to drops. He had 4 drops in 70 targets last year. Driver had 8 in 71 targets . There's your bias.

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Finley reminds me of Wade Wilson. "If it weren't for that mouth you'd be the perfect soldier"

25. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    • Agree Agree x 1